“What should I do?”

• Buy the Big Guns you sissy. 7 votes
    28%
  • Wait it out, you will find your JP/DESW 18 votes
    72%
  • Other (Specify) 0 votes

(25 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

I have a chance to grab a Big Guns at a decent price. My wife however would be more receptive to me getting a JP or DESW. Should I grab this Big Guns that doesnt deflate my entire pinball budget and keep saving for the JP or DESW, or should I wait? Im not sure if BG will keep my attention, I am a little bored of my T2, but I havent scored a high enough score yet to be totally done with it. It looks neat though, and I like that its an original theme machine as more and more of my pins are becoming movie pins.

I just havent found a JP or DESW in my sweet spot price yet either otherwise Id shift some money around to make the purchase if the right one came along.

Opinions on BG?

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

I'd wait for JP or DESW, personally.

#3 10 years ago

Big Guns can be bought for around $1000 or so. I say if you can buy it and still have $ leftover, great. Get it and continue to save for one of the other pins to become available. The more the merrier. You can always sell it later to fund another purchase. Meanwhile, you will have another pin to play. "Fire at will" BigB

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

Big Guns can be bought for around $1000 or so. I say if you can buy it and still have $ leftover, great. Get it and continue to save for one of the other pins to become available. The more the merrier. You can always sell it later to fund another purchase. Meanwhile, you will have another pin to play. "Fire at will" BigB

I am hoping to nab it for <$1000. Its a pretty nice example too. My pinball budget for the year is down to $1000, so if I can get it for a good price I wont exhaust the whole thing.

I have a pile of crap I need to sell to make up the other $1000+ I need for the JP or DESW.....any one looking for some subs and amp for their car? Maybe a mountain bike? How about a drum set? LOL.

#5 10 years ago

Save for the JP and find the nicest one you can.

#6 10 years ago

Big Guns is a real fun pin. But if you and the wife have your hearts set on JP or DESW, then I'd wait it out and get what you really want.

#7 10 years ago

I like Big Guns, but it is nearly impossible to sell, so get ready to have it for a while if you buy one. The art and music are top notch.

#8 10 years ago

I'd get the Big Guns just to have a game that is not your 'everyday".

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

How about a drum set?

What Kind?

Get Big Guns. Play it and have fun until your JP or DESW comes along. Then sell Big Guns to fund your next purchase. Even if you sell it for a little loss, you still have a fun game to play in the meantime.

#10 10 years ago

Big Guns is kind of terrible, but in a fun way. I wouldn't choose Big Guns of DESW or JP at all, but if you can get it for a good price, you can sell it for a normal price quickly and not be stuck with that when you need the cash/space/whatever for DESW and JP.

TL;DR: Buy Big Guns, Sell it when something better comes along.

-Wes

#11 10 years ago

Wait. Your wife will love JP. Mine did and still complains that I sold it!

#12 10 years ago

Buy my Big Guns!

#13 10 years ago

I like Big Guns a lot...I miss mine sometimes - but, if you're already boring of T2 then you might be better best served with JP, as it's a mode-heavy game and very difficult to advance to the end (IMO). DESW is very simple and will probably bore you quicker than T2.

#14 10 years ago

If you're bore with t-2, big guns will bore you after a short amount of time.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Buy my Big Guns!

You know my offer, I have a local guy who may sell to me at that price, sorry.

Pearl Export. 4 Toms (2 mounted, 2 floor), full set of Zildjian ZBT cymbals (hh,ride, 2 crash, splash, china), dw double bass pedal, pork pie snare. Its old and the paint is fading.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I like Big Guns a lot...I miss mine sometimes - but, if you're already boring of T2 then you might be better best served with JP, as it's a mode-heavy game and very difficult to advance to the end (IMO). DESW is very simple and will probably bore you quicker than T2.

Even with the new software for DESW? Thats disappointing, but oh well.

If this guy actually comes back to me at the price I sent him, I may jump on it.

I am finally getting my friend's MGOW off to restoration, and I am then replacing it with his stargate, which basically just needs a good shop job to be ready to go. If I get the BG, waterworld will probably get swapped out since I can only fit 5 machines in my basement and I am so bored of it.

Any ways, thanks for the input guys.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Pearl Export. 4 Toms (2 mounted, 2 floor), full set of Zildjian ZBT cymbals (hh,ride, 2 crash, splash, china), dw double bass pedal, pork pie snare. Its old and the paint is fading.

PM sent

#17 10 years ago

Well I got the big guns. Pretty nice condition and price, I'm happy. It's such a presence with its height. Can't wait to get it in my basement.

#18 10 years ago

Good call on getting the Big Guns. I have both Big Guns and JP. Both are fun in their own way. Sometimes its just fun to load cannons and have 4 flipper smashing fun. Not every pin needs to have 25 modes and some gargantuan wizard finale to be fun.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from missoulaman:

Good call on getting the Big Guns. I have both Big Guns and JP. Both are fun in their own way. Sometimes its just fun to load cannons and have 4 flipper smashing fun. Not every pin needs to have 25 modes and some gargantuan wizard finale to be fun.

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!! Couldn't agree more.

#20 10 years ago

Congrats on the big guns, such a different game great addition when you have multiple machines as it offers real variety.

#21 10 years ago

The force is strong with this one

#22 10 years ago

My first machine was given to me as a Christmas gift. I found out months after that it came down to a choice between Big Guns and Klondike. I ended up with Klondike and loved it but ever since then, I have wanted a Big Guns. I've played a few games on one and my desire to own it was confirmed. Some day, some day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-or-wait-for-a-jpdesw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.