20231104_205717 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230930_204132_Chrome (resized).jpg
20230926_173028 (resized).jpg
Big Guns Explanation (resized).jpg
694DD593-96EA-4727-8B2A-213A25996CEA (resized).jpeg
3D293D4B-2EE3-4CF7-A0E1-17DD00A57BD9 (resized).jpeg
AE483A7A-8EA0-44B3-BCB7-65CAE99A719A (resized).jpeg
2A05DE6E-5B9A-4BA1-A7F9-7B85E8C6F446 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisefwumyogwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from KokoNono:

Just a quick update for anyone that this may be helpful to in the future...
I appeared earlier in the thread and had the following issues:
-Cannon was occasionally not locking the ball, resulting in weird accidental 2-ball multiball
-When locked, balls never dumped at end of game, meaning every game started w any previously locked balls
-Light in bagatelle game only lit 2nd lane at the end of game every time - it wasn't random
I finally got around to switching out the roms w L-8 (thanks thatpinballplace) and it corrected every one of the above issues.
My version in the game was previously displayed as "L-A"and the ROMS were hand-labelled in pen "revision 1".
Now everything works exactly as it should. Updating the version fixed everything.
Is there a resource anywhere for "patch notes" for pinball code revisions for these older titles?? It would be interesting to how the code evolved.
So I'm all set and ready to save the Queen again!
Except now that I saw brandsilences missing wireform I realize I'm missing the same one....doh!!
I expect I'll have to make that myself?

I had 2 ball multi too with the cannon becuase my microswitch for the catapult saucer was bad and still had lx-8

2 months later
#381 8 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Took me a few tries to get it right, but I managed to make a wireform that works. The shot is SO MUCH EASIER now - none of that bouncing out. Definitely worth doing this repair if you're missing that wire guide.
guide.jpg

I used a peice of 12 guage copper wire with black insulation, stiff as hell and wont come out, looks ok too, used the shape you did. Also put some weather stripping on the ball stop area to stop the rejections of the shot.

6 years later
#770 1 year ago

A second ball up in the bagatelle feature increased the randomness for me. Marco had some new ones so I ordered as it said two required, couldn't find it the manual either. Throwing two in mostly halted rejections too which was nice. Just thought I'd pop in and throw that nugget out there.

I also took that as an opportunity to change the rubber up there for first time ever haha.

8 months later
#807 1 year ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi everyone,
i took delivery of a Big Guns machine and it is missing the bagatelle ball, does anyone have one available for sale or know where i could purchase one from.
cheers
Trevor

I found them at Marco as recently as 6 months, get two, put both in you'll get more consistent launches from the plunger up there, the weight of the 2nd ball helps it rest center of the plunger

16718049344772397461690070773597 (resized).jpg16718049344772397461690070773597 (resized).jpg
#808 1 year ago
Quoted from MisterScappy:

The only 28v flasher on Big Guns is the Invincible lamp, which uses a #1251 lamp. All others are #89 lamps.

All of my flashers are 1251's. The entire game. I know what the manual says regarding the chart..... My game has factory stickers with 12v.....28v printed on them with the 12v scratched out next to every flasher socket. They all work and are very bright. I wonder if I've got a later run or something. A 28v bulb in a 12v circuit would barely light so I know it's the right voltage. Anyone else's game like that?

#810 1 year ago
Quoted from MisterScappy:

That's interesting. I'd be curious if your flashlamp resistor board has resistors in R1 - R9, or if there are just jumpers there. The board in my game has 10 watt sand resistors to reduce the power to the flashers.
I could see that board being bypassed to save a few $$.
My Big Guns is serial number 121027, and the playfield has a mfg date of Sept 01 1987.
[quoted image]

I'll take a look after lunch I'd be curious to know if I even have one of those what's the point of putting the board there if all you're going to do is jump to traces essentially!

Where is that located bottom of the cabinet?

They are there R1-9,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisefwumyogwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-club-save-the-queen?tu=wisefwumyogwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.