20231104_205717 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230930_204132_Chrome (resized).jpg
20230926_173028 (resized).jpg
Big Guns Explanation (resized).jpg
694DD593-96EA-4727-8B2A-213A25996CEA (resized).jpeg
3D293D4B-2EE3-4CF7-A0E1-17DD00A57BD9 (resized).jpeg
AE483A7A-8EA0-44B3-BCB7-65CAE99A719A (resized).jpeg
2A05DE6E-5B9A-4BA1-A7F9-7B85E8C6F446 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#436 6 years ago

I know this is late but did you ever get around issue #2?

Quoted from grandy:

Finally finished rebuilding my Big Guns (complete overhaul). It's fantastic, but i have a few questions for the club about things that need tweaking.
1. Balls come insanely fast out of the cannon wireforms. Many times they come down and bounce right over the flippers and into the trough. Anyone have advice about this, or is this just the way it is?
2. bonus 5x light is always flashing no matter what. I've never had this kind of issue, wondering how to troubleshoot and diagnose. bonus lights normally as it grows, just 5x is always flashing.
3. Occasionally it seems like a ball gets promoted into the shooter lane when it shouldn't be, so i'll have 2 balls in play for awhile and when one is lost the turn ends (even thought one more is alive). What are all the valid conditions that would promote a ball into the shooter lane?
4. Rom version - looks like newest is version 8 and i'm on 4. is it worth getting these up to date? I've never done that before.
5. @chitownpinball, do you have any documentation about how you LED'd the backbox? I might like to emulate what you've done.
6. Any general strategy/tips are welcome. I'm sucking at this game, losing a shit ton of balls down the right outlane (i gotta work on my nudging).
7. "you are invincible" insert - mine never lights, when SHOULD it?
Thanks in advance!

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

trueno92 this is actually the proper behavior for the game. Whatever multiplier level is set at for lighting extra ball will flash all the time.

Thanks so much for the reply.

Another quick question for the BIG crew. What's supposed to happen when the drop targets fall? I'm to receive this game but the trader mentioned this issue and id like to know where I should start looking... apparently, its not doing or actovating the bonus multiplier?

#452 6 years ago

No one have an issue with any of the switch triggers behind the drop banks?

#454 6 years ago

I think when the drops all fall, and they are all down. Supposed to raise the bonus?

#456 6 years ago

I will update you all once the machine arrives.

Really hoping this guy requires minimal needling.

#457 6 years ago

Newest member of the club!!

Issues:

4th player display stopped working after moving the game...

Trouble shooting went like this:

Checked displays by visual exam,
No broken solder joints
No broken legs
No broken pcb
Checked pcb plug headers
Checked ribbon cable
Checked cable headers off power pcb, fuses, CPU pcb.

Swapped right to left display headers, result:
Right display plug top and bottom display on left side
Left display plug top lights on right side, bottom still out.

No faint dot on right lower display, in both cases.

Ideas?

#458 6 years ago

Can anyone tell what the proper behavor is of the guard drop insert lights?

I guess they are to light in that left to right strobe pattern, and then they light if there is the only one standing?

Then they come on again after the drops are reset? Same pattern?

Is there a switch or continuity switches behind each of the drop targets that control the lights?

#461 6 years ago

Check the switch and see if its actually dropping with the ball weighting on it. I read they occasionally come loose and get stuck on the side of the cut out.

Keep us updated!

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I came home and turns out the ball was literally just hung up in the load ramp. Wiggled the pin back and forth and boom, free as a bird. lol This is what I get for posting before even taking a look myself..

At least that was a freebie.

I has to resolder the header pins on my drop target insert boards.

Subbed leds and it looks good and works properly now!!

Screenshot_20171006-103012 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171006-103012 (resized).png

#465 6 years ago

Has anyone gone with LED displays?

Anyone try green?

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from Ghoen:

I have the standard orange from Xpin in mine.

Looking good!! Pulled the trigger so green will be in effect, soon. U guys have good suggestions for flicker free leds?

#468 6 years ago

Oh I also got some other displays to solder in for my player 4. So now a fun project for the weekend so I can use either orange or green

#470 6 years ago

Displays soldered in. Looking good.

Pics soon. Will look at coin taker. Not big on shipping costs.

#471 6 years ago

I watch videos of players rolling this game rather easily... is it ever in tournaments?

If you traded it, what other system 11 is around d the same value?

#475 6 years ago

Oooh, thanks for the feedback guys, nice to know the game is pretty scaleable. Right now I'm trying to get better at those trolls at the top of the game... as well as figure out what to use for alternate drop target decals.... mine didn't have any.

Also is there a gi bulb in the upper left corner under all those plastics? Under the playfield I see what looks to be a socket but its pretty inaccessible unless a left side teardown is on deck.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

trueno92 here are some photos. There are 4 GI lights total under the plastics in the upper left. One you could get from the underside, the others only on a teardown.

Haha thanks much!! Looks like the one behind that upper left corner is ONLY accessible with a tear down which is what I forced myself into last night. I also turned around some of the lower bulb holders to aim at the center upper part of the pf. Results are very impressive and it really shows-off the ball mid-air!!

Additional benefit is the visibility of the yellow stand ups for the troll bonus.

Also polished the ramp plastics to improve visibility back therr but they really show too well in this picture but the illumination really helped.

Screenshot_20171018-082118 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171018-082118 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171018-104038 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171018-104038 (resized).png

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

trueno92 looks gorgeous

Thanks man, gonna check out that little led strip mod you did for the cannons. You are bang on in that those should stand out more.

Check out what's hiding behind the drops. Polished plastics look clearer in real life oddly..

20171017_225715 (resized).jpg20171017_225715 (resized).jpg

#484 6 years ago

You guys with multiple machines, do you notice big guns a bit harder to nudge as its just heavier?

Had a couple episodes with the fanthom odd ball unlock, but trying to figure out if its the trough switches or the left canon... aside that, waiting for leds.

Has days of no issues and then I had the ball lock hunt 2x in 2 days.m

#486 6 years ago

I think the switches were too sensitive. I adjusted the levers and I Think Its better now after playing for 2 hrs straight, no issues.

Anyone notice there are 4 bulbs in the wall here at the top wall here on the right? I have only ever seen 2. So I'm going to check these tonight.

I don't think I'm a weakling but I find the newer stern machines so much easier to nudge... big guns is like planted...

Anyway, u guys think this would be worth more than a worn High speed ? Pop bumpers have an issue and the playfield has moderate wear.

U guys ever feel a fan-layout would be a nice complement to bg? I kinda want a nice fan layout game but finding an affordable one is Canada is impossible...

Anyone willing to ship?

Oh finally, what is that plastic trim that cramps onto the bottom of the backglass? Looks like mine is cracked where it could contact the side rails on fold... I imagine it's not too expensive to replace, right?

Screenshot_20171025-075218 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171025-075218 (resized).png

4 weeks later
#487 6 years ago

Finally got a nice pic. Thanks for the tips guys.

Now for my demolition man restore...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/basket-case-demolition-man-restore-help-needed

Screenshot_20171123-221655 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171123-221655 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#494 6 years ago

Been really enjoying bg, when it plays great and is well.lit its awesome.

Added accent lights to mine and I'm wondering if its worth trading up for f14....
What do you guys rhink?

1 month later
#502 6 years ago

Re flasher behavior, you are right on.

It also rings off in sequence with the ofher flashers in attract mode or when the game celebrates when you ended the game after saving the queen one or more times.
Ill see if I have any video

#504 6 years ago

Well done sir!!! Good job now put the glass on and step away else ur gonna try and tweak something and end up breaking 6 other things in the process!!!

#508 6 years ago

When game overz it fires out the held ballsbjust before match displays

#512 6 years ago

How many balls are loaded in the machine? Id check trough switches

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-club-save-the-queen?tu=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.