20231104_205717 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230930_204132_Chrome (resized).jpg
20230926_173028 (resized).jpg
Big Guns Explanation (resized).jpg
694DD593-96EA-4727-8B2A-213A25996CEA (resized).jpeg
3D293D4B-2EE3-4CF7-A0E1-17DD00A57BD9 (resized).jpeg
AE483A7A-8EA0-44B3-BCB7-65CAE99A719A (resized).jpeg
2A05DE6E-5B9A-4BA1-A7F9-7B85E8C6F446 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#739 2 years ago

If this helps, in Sys 11 pins - I've found that if the spark is not mitigated - it has the habit of blowing fuses - so I'd take a look at the system in operation and see if you are getting sparks out of the EOS or cabinet switches....make sure the contacts are clean and gapped properly- I think this will resolve your issues.....

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from TastyBlack:

ROMs not sure, forget how to check. It's factory I assume as I have never changed them.
As far as my Left Flipper issue I'm still working on it. Still blowing fuses. I Checked for any spark from EOS, nothing. I have noticed when I replace the fuse and have it working for a bit, activating the upper left flipper it's making a loud buzzing sound. Right flipper does not do this.

Go ahead in the cabinet switch and bend the switch back such that the upper left won't trigger - thus disabling the upper left - and see if doing that keeps the fuse alive - if so - you can direct your energies to the upper left...

matt

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from MisterScappy:

This really sounds like the primary coil isn't being switched out. When the flipper is fully thrown, the EOS switch should open 1/8", and only the hold coil should have power. The primary coil should only have power for a split second. If it stays powered, the fuse will blow.

So swap the coil (right for left) see if problem follows.....or merely replace it....

Matt

#752 2 years ago

Your capacitor is wrong... It is not supposed to be in parallel with the coil,... It is supposed to be in series.... Rewire it like the others..... That should take care of the problem

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from TastyBlack:

The thing about that tho is it's been setup like that since I bought it over a year ago and it's been working fine all that time till just a couple weeks ago. It's more like something has gone bad or is shorting. I need to replace or swap the coil first I guess to eliminate that as being bad. Doing so tho should I get a correct EOS capacitor (yellow) as well since I'm not so sure about that orange one that's on there now

Correct - get the correct cap and coil OR swap left to right and you'll have your answer right away...

Matt

4 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-club-save-the-queen?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.