20231104_205717 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230930_204132_Chrome (resized).jpg
20230926_173028 (resized).jpg
Big Guns Explanation (resized).jpg
694DD593-96EA-4727-8B2A-213A25996CEA (resized).jpeg
3D293D4B-2EE3-4CF7-A0E1-17DD00A57BD9 (resized).jpeg
AE483A7A-8EA0-44B3-BCB7-65CAE99A719A (resized).jpeg
2A05DE6E-5B9A-4BA1-A7F9-7B85E8C6F446 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JanS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#716 2 years ago

Boy this thread has gone on for years. I've had a lot of pins over the years but never a Big Guns. Just bought one and picking it up Saturday. Early game #56 that's still system 11A. Non Mylar with a beautiful playfield. Cabinet is near prefect too. Game had to spent it's entire life in a non smoking environment as the boards also look like new still. That head looks to be the same size as a Banzai Run I once owned? Can't wait to tear into it and make it look as good as new again. Playfield strip, clean and wax, cabinet vac and clean, wax. Not a big fan of LED's but think I'll do the inserts with them. Maybe the head as well. Anyone have a spare flyer? I have quite a few for a possible trade?

1 week later
#718 2 years ago

You can get better results than powder coat by just spraying it yourself. I prefer the Rust-oleum black lacquer. Those system 11 apron decals are really nice if you want an original look and very easy to apply.

#720 2 years ago

Post a closeup picture of the wiring on it. I want to see how you have it wired up

#722 2 years ago

On the lower left. Are there 2 diodes on the coil? Can't see them. Also move the capacitor off of the coil. It's just going to break off there from vibration. Zip tie it to the contact mount and run a wire to each side of the contacts closest to the coil. The direction of the capacitor doesn't matter. The blue with the brown stripe goes on the outer lug with a blue. The other blue goes on the center lug. They go to either side of the inner contact set. The capacitor goes to each of those wires then at the contacts. The upper left is wired correctly at the coil. The blue wires go to either side of the conrtacts closest to the coil with the capacitor attached there also. Make sure that all of the diodes on the coils are still attached and not broken off.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Check your diodes with a meter and make sure none of them are shorted.

You have to pull a leg off to check them.

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Hey guys, new to the club. Got the game all working except for the dam locks for multi-ball both sides of the playfield. All switches work in test: Cannon switches, lock switches, and the through switches (3). Light is lit on both sides to lock the balls. Diode's are all checking as good. No errors on startup. Play first ball and lock it, it gets moved it over to the cannon and anther ball is released into the shooter lane. 2 seconds later the cannon fires out the ball creating a 2 ball multi-ball. This happens on both sides of the playfield never being about to keep 1 ball locked. Could this be a chip issue?

What about the shooter lane switch? Does it do a ball search before it launches? Roll a ball over that switch. Don't use your finger as that will give you false results.

#728 2 years ago

Tried that as well, even made sure the ball did not register that switch. Either way did not matter.

??? Don't understand your reply? You want the ball to register the switch closing.

#732 2 years ago
Quoted from TastyBlack:

I got more fuses so I could troubleshoot my left flipper blowing the F6 fuse some more. I was able to isolate that the issue is the main, bottom left flipper not the top one like I was suspecting. Using only the top left and the rights the game plays, does not blow F6 fuse. Soon as I start using the bottom left flipper it slow blows the fuse. Manually using the flipper with my hand causes no issue, only when I'm using the left switch will it eventually blow that fuse.
I cannot see any lose wires or anything odd on the left bottom flipper itself. I will attach images of that. I did notice the left flipper switch has wires cut off at bottom where the right one has what looks like wire stoppers on them? not sure what those are (round orange). About that tho, I bought the game with the flipper switches like this already and they have been working fine for a long time
Any help what direction to troubleshoot further would be great.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here's what has broken off of the flipper switches. Put them back on and it should fix your problems. They are 500 volts so these are probably not going to work but it shows you what they look like. You will need 4 of them. If the pin parts suppliers don't have them you can get them from Mouser or Digi Key https://www.pinballlife.com/radial-varistor-14mm.html?Category_Code=

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No it’s not.
It’s supposed to be a capacitor. It’s there to reduce arcing over the contacts.
That thing you linked is a MOV Varistor. It goes on the line cord into the machine. It’s designed to blow up if there’s a power spike.
Do not put a MOV on flipper switches.
I don’t have the specs of the capacitor on hand, but it’s one of these. (Or similar)
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=5043-09443-00
rd

Yep you are right and 500V is the correct one. My mistake it was early.

#743 2 years ago

Hey guys, new to the club. Got the game all working except for the dam locks for multi-ball both sides of the playfield. All switches work in test: Cannon switches, lock switches, and the through switches (3). Light is lit on both sides to lock the balls. Diode's are all checking as good. No errors on startup. Play first ball and lock it, it gets moved it over to the cannon and anther ball is released into the shooter lane. 2 seconds later the cannon fires out the ball creating a 2 ball multi-ball. This happens on both sides of the playfield never being about to keep 1 ball locked. Could this be a chip issue?

I get occasional 2 ball muiltiball also during game play. It will fire a ball out of one of the catapults even though you already have a ball in play. I replaced both catapult and saucer switches along with new diodes. All the other switches have their wires attached as new. Could it be a failing diode somewhere upstream in the chain?

#745 2 years ago

What version ROMs are you running?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JanS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-club-save-the-queen?tu=JanS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.