20231104_205717 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230930_204132_Chrome (resized).jpg
20230926_173028 (resized).jpg
Big Guns Explanation (resized).jpg
694DD593-96EA-4727-8B2A-213A25996CEA (resized).jpeg
3D293D4B-2EE3-4CF7-A0E1-17DD00A57BD9 (resized).jpeg
AE483A7A-8EA0-44B3-BCB7-65CAE99A719A (resized).jpeg
2A05DE6E-5B9A-4BA1-A7F9-7B85E8C6F446 (resized).jpeg
There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.
#351 8 years ago

Thank you! This is just what I needed.

#352 8 years ago

Hey Jack Danger announced yesterday that today he would be streaming on Big Guns in the wild. Should be fun!! Let's see how high the pros score.

#353 8 years ago

Huh, must be gallopping ghost or empire

#354 8 years ago

I just picked up a really dirty big guns, really cheap. I'm going to clean it up and try it. Ed

#355 8 years ago

They must have reset the high scores. Pretty sure I had one up on that machine danger played on around 6 mil.

#356 8 years ago

Yes they were factory reset as mark is number one and python number two.
Worst stream for me to short and I was getting buffering, game volume seemed off, almost unwatchable.

Noticed credit dot on displays as well.
I asked Jack ?? PVA mean anything to you. Right after mentioning Python. He said no, it went right over his head.

I love Jack's style though, he is so good at interacting with chat while playing and with many thoughts flying and lag to boot.

And getting much better at it. Pin acronyms not so much. But some day JD will be able to TOTAN, HS and RBION with the best of em.

Then you get a guy like me spitting out a long forgotten random line from a movie like multiplicity. " I like pizza Steve". He has to be thinking WTF??

#357 8 years ago

Hes really just a voice and a face, i dont feel like his pinball skills are allthat great. I kinda wanna challenge him one day, lol

#358 8 years ago

Still having a number of issues with my Big Guns, slowly troubleshooting. In the meantime I wanted to show what i'm doing using these nifty Comet 3 SMD strip http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm - I'm putting them under the cannon plastics to brighten up that area. Super easy and looks great.

IMAG1564.jpgIMAG1564.jpg

#359 8 years ago

Just a quick update for anyone that this may be helpful to in the future...

I appeared earlier in the thread and had the following issues:
-Cannon was occasionally not locking the ball, resulting in weird accidental 2-ball multiball
-When locked, balls never dumped at end of game, meaning every game started w any previously locked balls
-Light in bagatelle game only lit 2nd lane at the end of game every time - it wasn't random

I finally got around to switching out the roms w L-8 (thanks thatpinballplace) and it corrected every one of the above issues.
My version in the game was previously displayed as "L-A"and the ROMS were hand-labelled in pen "revision 1".
Now everything works exactly as it should. Updating the version fixed everything.
Is there a resource anywhere for "patch notes" for pinball code revisions for these older titles?? It would be interesting to how the code evolved.

So I'm all set and ready to save the Queen again!

Except now that I saw brandsilences missing wireform I realize I'm missing the same one....doh!!
I expect I'll have to make that myself?

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from KokoNono:

Except now that I saw brandsilences missing wireform I realize I'm missing the same one....doh!!

Once you put wireform in you will definately notice difference.

Williams blue book on planatary Pinball site has the part number you may get luck if you have the number.

I'd give it to you but could not view (zoom) with phone.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Once you put wireform in you will definately notice difference.
Williams blue book on planatary Pinball site has the part number you may get luck if you have the number.
I'd give it to you but could not view (zoom) with phone.

Thanks!! Looks like it's 12-6756 (page 304)...that looks like the one...

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from KokoNono:

I'm planning on making one myself but waiting for the right size wire from Marco. I will post a photo of my results.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from KokoNono:

Just a quick update for anyone that this may be helpful to in the future...
I appeared earlier in the thread and had the following issues:
-Cannon was occasionally not locking the ball, resulting in weird accidental 2-ball multiball
-When locked, balls never dumped at end of game, meaning every game started w any previously locked balls
-Light in bagatelle game only lit 2nd lane at the end of game every time - it wasn't random
I finally got around to switching out the roms w L-8 (thanks thatpinballplace) and it corrected every one of the above issues.
My version in the game was previously displayed as "L-A"and the ROMS were hand-labelled in pen "revision 1".
Now everything works exactly as it should. Updating the version fixed everything.
Is there a resource anywhere for "patch notes" for pinball code revisions for these older titles?? It would be interesting to how the code evolved.
So I'm all set and ready to save the Queen again!

I had 2 ball multi too with the cannon becuase my microswitch for the catapult saucer was bad and still had lx-8

#364 8 years ago

Took me a few tries to get it right, but I managed to make a wireform that works. The shot is SO MUCH EASIER now - none of that bouncing out. Definitely worth doing this repair if you're missing that wire guide.

guide.jpgguide.jpg

#365 8 years ago

Nice job! Yes without it you get a lot of weird reject shots. Play will just be a little smoother now.

Had to do an emergency repair before company came over last night. The left kicker to load cannon would fire once fine but then on second or third firing it would do nothing. Although sounded like assembly was trying. Measure of coil was a solid 14.7 ohms compared to the others of 4.2 ohms. So just a simple change of coil and all was well. But I never saw a coil go up in resistance before. Must be a broken or semi cracked wire somewhere under the wrapper. Will post again if I find anything.

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

Where is this adjustment? Looking through the adjustments and manual, I can't seem to find it.

Anyone know? I've got the same problem, rom version L-8. My queen value randomly fluctuates between 100k and 2mil

2 weeks later
#367 8 years ago

Can anyone snap a picture of the wiring of their trough switches (wire colors and diode directions). Mine seems right from my understanding of the schematics but after I replaced one my entire game is going insane in normal play (but is fine in switch test)

#368 8 years ago

Look at page 16. 40 invincibility auto adjustment.

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Look at page 16. 40 invincibility auto adjustment.

Doesn't this set the time for the invincibility?

#370 8 years ago

Not how I read it.

IMG_20160113_174643158_(resized).jpgIMG_20160113_174643158_(resized).jpg

#372 8 years ago

I shot him a quick pic ForceFlow.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Not how I read it.

IMG_20160113_174643158_(resized).jpg

I've got this off and my queen's rescue value still is variable

#374 8 years ago

I will see if I can come up with something. I am pretty sure mine has always kept bumping up award til someone saved the queen. Like a progressive jackpot. And you are just looking to make it a set value.

I guess you could try one of the install options. ie) install Hard option. See if that changes it.

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I will see if I can come up with something. I am pretty sure mine has always kept bumping up award til someone saved the queen. Like a progressive jackpot. And you are just looking to make it a set value.
I guess you could try one of the install options. ie) install Hard option. See if that changes it.

Do those install options ever do any settings that aren't available?

I wish it had a tournament mode option...

#376 8 years ago

I think it is just a quick way to change a bunch of settings all at once really but something to try. I have never tried myself. I know I like three or four trolls for ex ball, and 12 secs to save the queen with six guards I think. Oh and ball saves on at start til you use them.

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I think it is just a quick way to change a bunch of settings all at once really but something to try. I have never tried myself. I know I like three or four trolls for ex ball, and 12 secs to save the queen with six guards I think. Oh and ball saves on at start til you use them.

I've got mine at 6 trolls or 5x multiplier, otherwise tuned similarly, but I hate to wipe all my carefully tuned values

2 weeks later
#378 8 years ago

Hey fellow Big gunners! Just got mine home yesterday! My 5x bulb just keeps flashing. Is that normal?

#379 8 years ago

Yup, that just means raising the multiplier to 5x will award a special.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Yup, that just means raising the multiplier to 5x will award a special.

Awesome thanks!

2 weeks later
#381 8 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Took me a few tries to get it right, but I managed to make a wireform that works. The shot is SO MUCH EASIER now - none of that bouncing out. Definitely worth doing this repair if you're missing that wire guide.
guide.jpg

I used a peice of 12 guage copper wire with black insulation, stiff as hell and wont come out, looks ok too, used the shape you did. Also put some weather stripping on the ball stop area to stop the rejections of the shot.

#382 8 years ago

ok I get hit the troll to open the gate but why is my gate closing and opening at random times?

#383 8 years ago

(see gate and green insert bottom right) At 1:10 of this video you see the gate open and close when I lock a ball. kind of odd. At 1:21 I hit a stand up target and the gate closes and green insert goes out. At 1:32 I lock a ball and gate opens and insert lights back up. Is this normal?

#384 8 years ago

Hi Mike I watched the video a couple times on my phone but from what I can tell your OK. I think you would have to go in the feature adjustments and see what you have things set at. one of the settings AD52 gate on ballst. Is my setting but there are several other options. In video you used the gate during ball, then left drained. Then you are served new ball you lock quickly on right are served again and when you hit targets the beginning of ball(save) gate open a start of each ball closes. At least that is how I am seeing things.

I love that head nudge for extra ball. I never saw that technique before!!

Yeah lots of adjustments to play with. Six targets to save queen or ten. Etc. I adjust my time up a bit as you lose several seconds just getting balls launched to you.

#385 8 years ago

Just picked up a Big Guns for $700. It cleaned up very well. Installed all new lights, rubbers, cleaned plastics and playfield. Plan to led the back box only. Looks cool otherwise.

20160224_180539_(resized).jpg20160224_180539_(resized).jpg

20160224_180651_(resized).jpg20160224_180651_(resized).jpg

#386 8 years ago

now you just need to put LED lights in it. The backboard looks awesome with LED did it with ours and came out great

#387 8 years ago

Buncha copy cats!

Thats a really nice $700 BG, congrats. GET BACK IN THERE!

#388 8 years ago

I'm always tempted by this pin. It can be had cheap, but something about it just screams boring and repetitive to me. If I had more room, allowing for more than a handful of pins I'd probably buy one.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm always tempted by this pin. It can be had cheap, but something about it just screams boring and repetitive to me. If I had more room, allowing for more than a handful of pins I'd probably buy one.

Its fun in a large collection of say, 10. I love the art, the theme, and the sounds, but the game play is definitely repetitive. After I sold mine, I played one at a local barcade. When I walked away I said to myself "nope, not sad its gone".

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I played one at a local barcade.

But you still put money into it!! NICE.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

But you still put money into it!! NICE.

$0.25 lol

#392 8 years ago

Did you led the entire game of just the backbox? I have having new glass cut and bought a new translight. Also have the led kit for the back box from cointaker. Should have this done next week.

#393 8 years ago

Hell ya, led that bish. She looks really nice.

1 week later
#394 8 years ago

I have found a BG game which has the preliminary manual in it. It has an orange center rising post between flippers. Is this a sample game?

20160318_161329_HDR_(resized).jpg20160318_161329_HDR_(resized).jpg

#395 8 years ago

Orange post doesn't matter, they switched back and forth a lot

#396 8 years ago

Quick question. I am replacing the translite glass. Is the glass thickness 1/8 or 3/16 or does it matter? Also should I use clear tempered or regular. Any help appreciated.

#397 8 years ago

The glass size thickness is 1/8. In case anyone is replacing the translite glass.

1 month later
#398 7 years ago

Can anyone measure the diameter of the ball in the back box? Mine fell out the way to Allentown... Gonna ask a buddy to 3d print me one

#399 7 years ago

It is 3/4"
I used a shooter marble. Looks cool, and has good action vs replacing with a steel ball which is to quick.

#400 7 years ago

Any one in Chicago area snag the $450 BG on craigs? Looked pretty nice. Was tempted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-club-save-the-queen/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.