20231104_205717 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230930_204132_Chrome (resized).jpg
20230926_173028 (resized).jpg
Big Guns Explanation (resized).jpg
694DD593-96EA-4727-8B2A-213A25996CEA (resized).jpeg
3D293D4B-2EE3-4CF7-A0E1-17DD00A57BD9 (resized).jpeg
AE483A7A-8EA0-44B3-BCB7-65CAE99A719A (resized).jpeg
2A05DE6E-5B9A-4BA1-A7F9-7B85E8C6F446 (resized).jpeg
There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 10 years ago

I used Frosted Cool Whites from CoinTaker. My father has a hard time seeing up that far with without them, and he can see it just fine and it's all good!

You could probably, just put in incandescence 555 though.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What does this mean?

Search Proc pinball. If you don't know what it is. It was a semi joke. As Big Guns, or any other title can be modified, changed, adding modes, rules and features. So one of you Big Guns owners get to it!

#153 10 years ago

What level code are you guys using?
I noticed here:
http://www.pinballroms.com/eproms/sys11.html

He has L10 . I just checked mine and it's L8.

#154 10 years ago

IIRC L8

I can't find anything on what L-10 is a change log or anything simi-official.

#155 10 years ago

mine is l-8....not much to change about this game with code though so i dont know what 10 could offer.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

so i dont know what 10 could offer

yeah right. i wonder if it is a misprint. ipdb has L8, planetary has L8 or really L10 with something new to see. Maybe move the king chamber every game?

#157 10 years ago

one of us could ask-

#158 10 years ago

I've had my BG for a little over a year. I took everything off the playfield and cleaned. Also had a lot of switches and diodes to replace, as the cannons were d.o.a.

I added some white spotslights in the middle and a red one at the top, as it was just too dark to see anything. Also added led's to the center post.

I love the game, but space is at a premium, so it's time to move on.

image-492.jpgimage-492.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#159 10 years ago

Hope you Big Guns goes to a new loving home Probably will never get rid of ours at is was our first Pin and the one we learned how to fix Pins on.

#160 10 years ago

Unless I get the right price, mine probably wont be going any where for a while either. With my hard settings, I still havent rolled it over.

#161 10 years ago

Same here, I have it set to an insane setting that is ten seconds kill the ten guards. I've managed to get down to two guards in ten seconds.

Seriously addicting, fast, and heart pounding multi-ball with so little time.

#162 10 years ago

Thats pretty nuts man!!! haha.

#163 10 years ago

I held some trepidation while setting it, but I set it hard cause there is a lot of very good players in ATL leagues.

And acquiring Multi-ball in Big Guns isn't the hardest thing ever.

#164 10 years ago

Well my four-year-old can do it quite regularly - he promptly drains most of them being a flipper monster still but can do it one per three ball game, sometimes twice.

#165 10 years ago

Raising him right

#166 10 years ago

finally painted the legs and coin door on Big Guns to match the orange on the cabinet and play field. Haven't done the back legs yet as you can see from the photo, next weekend for those. 10003798_474427136016195_869815022_o.jpg10003798_474427136016195_869815022_o.jpg1801148_474427216016187_1427223315_o.jpg1801148_474427216016187_1427223315_o.jpg14518_474427186016190_1620418696_n.jpg14518_474427186016190_1620418696_n.jpg1559464_474427189349523_1671932215_o.jpg1559464_474427189349523_1671932215_o.jpg

#167 10 years ago

So can someone make us a decal for the center insert of that coin door... Please?
It looks unfinished w/o it.

#168 10 years ago

Yeah there is someone selling custom stickers for coin door, but at his price of 9.00 plus shipping I don't think so.
Never seen one for big guns. GR and TZ?? probably just whatever pins the guy has.

Oh noticed my chamber shot spot hae moved. it was far right for like 10 games then went to middle. Then i noticed a couple GI that were out and shut off game. Well turned back on and next game it was far right again. But at least it is moving a little.

#169 10 years ago

At 9+shipping I'll design it myself share in this thread (not for redistribution) and if ya'll want to send me anything that'd be fine...

lets see how about the cannon twice and the name?

#170 10 years ago

Well I have news on the L10 rom, so I guess no added excitement to be had.

"Sorry, that's a misprint. Newest I have is L-8.
I updated my site to indicate as such. Not sure I've ever sold a set of those! "

On a side note if one of you guys with LED BG would take video of machines attract mode right after a game over and post. I would be interested to see how much different it looks to regular lamps.

#171 10 years ago

I can post a video next weekend.

#172 10 years ago

We might be able to get one also-

#173 10 years ago

thanks guys anytime would be fine.

#174 10 years ago

the vid I already have is just the 'all lamps' - too sick right now to run back- sorry

http://www.youtube.com/embed/c5LmOnwJuHw?autoplay=1&rel=0

start at 0:50 to skip RBG

#175 10 years ago

here you Go CNKay,
hope this is what you are looking for, it is attract mode after end game

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Search Proc pinball. If you don't know what it is. It was a semi joke. As Big Guns, or any other title can be modified, changed, adding modes, rules and features. So one of you Big Guns owners get to it!

I did some P-ROCcing the Big Guns with some students. It was a project with 40 minutes a week though, and though they did a nice job and there were some fun ideas implemented and great for students and others to play, it's nowhere near 'finished' or fun enough (in the longer term) for pinheads.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

it's nowhere near 'finished' or fun enough (in the longer term) for pinheads.

Well that is awesome! Just keep it going. In a few years you will have a masterpiece. Or get the ideas here and work on yourself. ??

thanks "smith brothers?" that will do.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Well that is awesome! Just keep it going. In a few years you will have a masterpiece. Or get the ideas here and work on yourself. ??

Thanks for the heads up, but we've moved on to Pinbot right now and I'd love to work on Big Guns myself, but there are other projects too: Road Kings, which is finished due to picking up the project by Pieter (though there can always be some improvements) and I think I'll do Pinbot myself (besides the school-project) before Big Guns, for my Big Guns is in storage right now.

But who knows if someone else will start a P-ROC-Big Guns someday?

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Ohhhh my- I wonder if our son knows.... maybe we should wait till he's older.... LOL

(I'm the wife )

#180 10 years ago

Oh, very cool! oH, What i would not give to be spat at in the face(life of brian), or have a wife that enjoys pinball.

#181 10 years ago

LOL- I started in retro Gaming (Atari consoles)

1 week later
#182 10 years ago

Does Big Guns have a backglass or translite?

I thought it was a backglass in mine but I am not sure. I never pulled the plastic side trim off. I see people selling translites for Big Guns so I am confused.

#183 10 years ago

I thinks its a translite...

#184 10 years ago

it is a tranlite not glass

#185 10 years ago

The other day I was helping out someone over phone and noticed when I turned machine on Factory Settings came up. Well I knew it was a battery issue and today I looked at it. My D2 diode had failed open. I have rarely seen diodes fail, but real lucky it failed open and not short. If it would have the batteries would have been charged while the game on. Oh wait I take that back as I had added a diode to the remote holder as well so there was back up protection against charging. Anyhow I had just ordered a couple super caps from Ed at GPE, and was planning on converting a couple system 80 Gottliebs so having the Cap on hand and the failed D2 anyhow I removed, placed in orange jumper wire and the new super cap. Keep the machine on a few hours a month and never worry about batteries again. Poor mans NVRam. DSC00165.JPGDSC00165.JPG
It seems to be working fine in the Black Hole, Big Guns is my second test. Power supply seemed to handle it very well unlike the Gottlieb BH were the 5V was dragged down(4.7) and had to be adjusted up for a little while until the cap was charged then readjusted down a bit. Big Guns board was a nice solid 5.028V. Those batteries cause so many problems and now I lost all my total number of plays and other audits that i think nice to keep an eye on. Hopefully no more.

OK well there is an issue, since my original post date when i did this. I had forgot about the cap and lost the settings and hs data well then trying to reset it and then playing a game followed with a game reset during game play. Tried the next day same thing.
Well i started a conversation with Ed from GPE and well there needs to be a current limiting resistor where i have the orange jumper so that the PS does not see as a direct short and or has huge strain or voltage sag. Which i should have though of. I did check on Pinwiki and well there is no mention of this resistor at all they use a jumper too. So that will cause issues if you follow those instructions hope to get that edited. What i did and (not sure if a fix) was to put a 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor in place of the orange jumper. I'll edit again if needed.

Post edited by CNKay: incorrect info from me and wiki

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Anyhow I had just ordered a couple super caps from Ed at GPE, and was planning on converting a couple system 80 Gottliebs so having the Cap on hand and the failed D2 anyhow I removed, placed in orange jumper wire and the new super cap. Keep the machine on a few hours a month and never worry about batteries again. Poor mans NVRam.

That is good to know. I do have one of those super caps in my parts bin, which I bought from Ed, just waiting to be put in a game. My Big Guns needs to have the CPU board pulled out anyway because of a display issue. Once it is out of the game I will put in the super cap just like yours and save my CPU board.

1 week later
#187 10 years ago

Any one put super bands on their machine yet? These green would look nice on white flippers...thinking about these for my main flips and maybe orange for the tops.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-6519-21

#188 10 years ago

depending on your flipper color, orange would probably look good to. Haven't got them yet, but will be purchasing super bands soon

#189 10 years ago

I think my current flippers are yellow, but I am condsidering switching to white when I do a flipper rebuild down the line. Not sold on that yet though.

#190 10 years ago

my bats are green, the previous owner painted them that color as he didn't like the way they looked. they look pretty good except I got some black bat covers, Halberds and swords that don't show up at all. So I will be switching to white soon.

#191 10 years ago

My lower flippers are yellow, upper flippers white. Got the game that way from previous owner.

#192 10 years ago

My bottoms are yellow and my tops are green. Im thinking about painting the bottoms blue to match and put green super bands on them. Then paint the tops orange and put red super bands on them. I think it may march nicelyZ

#193 10 years ago

Well in honor of Python's passing I played some Big Guns today and since the super cap addition had the factory high scores on machine. PVA 3,000,000 I am assuming is Python.

Well my new HS as of 55 games.

the 8.2M game wow over 6M on first ball and won ex ball by getting 4 trolls and had also won ex ball by completion of the bagatelle. Final score well you know how it goes. I believe queen rescue was only 200K or 500K as well so really happy with that game.

On the 8.3M game i actually shot the roaming gun load after the queen's rescue and collected a 200K shot. That was like the first time i actually noticed and understood what was happening.

One of the games though was weird. Both cannons were locked and I was pounding away on the upper drops when all of a sudden both cannons fires for no reason like it was doing a ball search when there was plenty of action happening so that should not have happened. I had to re lock the balls well which didn't happen. Also during that same game. The ball went down the left outlane and the speech called out " Get Get Get GET Back in there!"
I thought that was really odd.

I looked at the audits a bit afterward. 55 games. real good distribution as to 0-.5M, .5-.9M, .9-1.5M etc so that 11,11,12,15,6 and average ball time of 67 secs.

I still don't know why there are two lock inserts on both sides. I assumed that well after going for the queen once and missing, then going for the queen a second time and having to load the left cannon first then the right, and missing the queen that eventually you would need to load each side twice. Well i believe one game i had four attempts and that just never happened. Left first then right after the first attempt seemed to be the norm. ????

#194 10 years ago

" Get Get Get GET Back in there!" - is correct

The solid light lit is the lockable cannon, when the first ball starts one cannon is (always) lit.

#195 10 years ago

My machine never repeats the Get normally just that one game.

Quoted from JSmith:

The solid light lit is the lockable cannon, when the first ball starts one cannon is (always) lit.

Yes i understand that but why two triangular inserts on each side seems like the two lower on the PF are never used?

#196 10 years ago

The cannon fire inserts? They light up when the cannons go off.

Ive had mine do that weird ball search thing too...its like there is a timer for the last top cannon load after you complete the first queens rescue....not sure if thats the intention or not.

#197 10 years ago

Mine occasionally repeats the "Get" in "Get back in there". Kinda randomly, I just assumed it was a sound glitch.

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Mine occasionally repeats the "Get" in "Get back in there". Kinda randomly, I just assumed it was a sound glitch.

Nope not a sound glitch they all do that

#199 10 years ago

I moved my game to new location and I am getting occasional canon shots missing the ramp that catches the ball. I never had this happen at the old location.

I haven't put a level on the playfield but I felt that the game had become steeper than in it's previous location. Probably due to the floor itself not being level. I didn't adjust the height of the feet at the bottom of the legs at all.

Does it sound like leveling the game to say 6.5 degrees help with this issue or should I be thinking and checking something else?

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

I moved my game to new location and I am getting occasional canon shots missing the ramp that catches the ball. I never had this happen at the old location.
I haven't put a level on the playfield but I felt that the game had become steeper than in it's previous location. Probably due to the floor itself not being level. I didn't adjust the height of the feet at the bottom of the legs at all.
Does it sound like leveling the game to say 6.5 degrees help with this issue or should I be thinking and checking something else?

The ramps are adjustable and probably need to be readjusted. If you loosen the screws holding the ramps you can move them. I had to do it with mine as the ball kept hitting the edge of the ramp and falling into the play field. You have to play with it to get the adjustment correct, but once you do, you shouldn't have to readjust them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 843 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-club-save-the-queen/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.