Topic Stats

• 581 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by treborlicec
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72BB5BEC-B9EC-4C78-AEF0-8132A6F66600 (resized).jpeg
46B2F7E1-E5F1-43CE-BC33-F132120DC9A6 (resized).jpeg
0F5F9B28-AFA2-4821-A6EB-A3E277EE6BC8 (resized).jpeg
1C3FFBB6-CDA6-450C-824C-FEB59AABF773 (resized).jpeg
465C892D-F2B6-41E9-8AE2-68967593B3DF (resized).jpeg
687AC083-F3AF-474A-A6CD-423F8EDDFEA6 (resized).jpeg
C0E0F03C-F187-4462-BF78-006B8DF8F6BB (resized).jpeg
B366C1F9-12A1-4642-89CA-2189C88D9F87 (resized).jpeg
0DC67E03-6520-43CA-9247-249777AEAB02 (resized).jpeg
D45051C2-B027-47E2-B8DE-A77CE4CC8AD1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190614_182814716 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200308_185733641 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200308_185613709 (resized).jpg
After - With Cannon (resized).jpg
After Lights (resized).jpg
Before Lights (resized).jpg

There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 6 years ago

Same here, Mine only lights lane two for the extra ball

#52 6 years ago

Yea, same on mine, lane #2 only.

#53 6 years ago

Well, we need to get to the bottom of this. That is my favorite feature. At first, mine was moving the lane all over the place from game to game. Now I am stuck on lane 5 only....LAME.

Im going to keep searching.

#54 6 years ago

Mine occasionally lights the center lane, but more often than not the one to the right of it. If I have time this evening, I'll do some testing.

#55 6 years ago

Mine was doing the far right lane only for the longest time, now it's pretty much just the middle one. Hope someone finds an answer!

#56 6 years ago

I bought a Big Guns about a year and a half ago. I paid a little too much for it at auction but it is a fun game. At some point I will install the NOS playfield to replace the badly worn playfield that was in the game originally. I added two green Coin Taker flexi LEDs under the green pop up post between the flippers. It made a huge difference and you can easily tell when the post is up now without even looking at it. I will fully convert the game to LEDs when I perform the playfield swap in about a year. I will also be adding a pair of hooded LED floods to light up the dark area in the middle of the game. I will also add the accent LEDs under the ramp plastics to light them up as well. I cannot remember who but I saw someone else on here who had done it and it came out looking great. Now if I can just find a set of ramps that were not busted and badly yellowed. At the 2012 Texas Pinball Festival they took a beating from missed catapult shots and it busted my right ramp really bad.

-- Shawn

#57 6 years ago

Here's my bro tearing up Big Guns in Waynesville, NC at a long-gone arcade included in the back of the Red Barn Pottery circa mid-80's. You will also notice a DataEast Playboy in right corner, Strikes and Spares, and Blackwater. They also had a Black Knight, and I can't make out what that last pin is next to Blackwater on the far left.

pinballben.jpg
#58 6 years ago

Shawn,

I put super bright LED under my ramps ( 4 SMD) and it lite them up like a chiristmas tree
I got the led from comet pinball they are the faceted natural white

#59 6 years ago

Dude, sweet socks.

#60 6 years ago

Seems like I have another weird random issue. If I have both cannons loaded, and I am fiddling with the third ball and not locking it, after a while, the cannons kick out and fire and reset to be loaded again....is this normal?

#61 6 years ago

Played the hell out of my BG this weekend. Finally topped the scores with a 3,587,250 score. Not too shabby. This was my first time killing all 10 guards with my current settings. I have it set to 10 guards and 25 seconds. Seems to be a good setup.

Soon enough I will be rolling the score over like so many have said before....we will see.

As for the King's Chamber EB shot, it actually moved from 5 to 1 a few times, but never any other spots. I wonder if it changes based off of plays on the machine? I had a lot more before I replaced my batteries....hmmmm.

2 weeks later
#62 6 years ago

Any one have issues with your drop target opto boards? My top left bank isnt registering any more and I am getting the knocks on start up that all 3 need adjustment.

I tried a cue tip with some novus 1, but that didnt do anything. I think I need to pull and re-flow the solder on each.

Any one pull this board before? Kind of in a weird spot. Seems hard to remove.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one have issues with your drop target opto boards? My top left bank isnt registering any more and I am getting the knocks on start up that all 3 need adjustment.
I tried a cue tip with some novus 1, but that didnt do anything. I think I need to pull and re-flow the solder on each.
Any one pull this board before? Kind of in a weird spot. Seems hard to remove.

Also, check your molex connectors to each board while under there. Mine are loose & need to be reworked.

#64 6 years ago

WOAH! You are the man! Thanks.

#65 6 years ago

OK, I had 30 minutes of time last night to get this done.

I pulled the board, cleaned the optos with a cue tip and alcohol, put it all back together, no more error knocks.

NOW though, when I start a game, the troll and green arrow are already lit on that side....WTF!

Maybe I need a new opto board? $35...not TOO bad...but still. Maybe I should reflow after all. They didnt look too bad to me when I inspected.

Any other tips?

#66 6 years ago

OK, I had 30 minutes of time last night to get this done.
I pulled the board, cleaned the optos with a cue tip and alcohol, put it all back together, no more error knocks.
NOW though, when I start a game, the troll and green arrow are already lit on that side....WTF!
Maybe I need a new opto board? $35...not TOO bad...but still. Maybe I should reflow after all. They didnt look too bad to me when I inspected.
Any other tips?

Nevermind. Just got how early (thanks boss) and fired her up for a game. Plays fine. Dunno what I saw last night.

1 week later
#67 6 years ago

Saved the QUEEN for the first time in Big Guns ! score of 6,080,620 Wooo Hoooo

#68 6 years ago

Thats a pretty high score. What do you have your machine set at? Mine is 3 mil for saving the queen and you have to kill all 10 guards in 25 seconds. With the way you have it set, you may roll the score over more easily as you save her the second time.

#69 6 years ago

Mine's still for sale in Landisburg, PA (17040), if anyone wants to join the BG club!

PM me for info...

Matthew

#70 6 years ago

actually I have mine set to kill all 10 guards in 20 seconds, just got a few extra balls along the way.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

actually I have mine set to kill all 10 guards in 20 seconds, just got a few extra balls along the way.

I had mine set to 20, but it seemed too hard for my demographic of pin players I usually have in house. I myself havent saved the queen more then once in a game yet though. Im just over 4mil for my high score. This will probably change as I usually go down when my xmas party starts winding down and pound out a ridiculous score in my stupor. Has happened the last 3 years, every year.

#72 6 years ago

I had mine set to 20, but it seemed too hard for my demographic of pin players I usually have in house. I myself havent saved the queen more then once in a game yet though. Im just over 4mil for my high score. This will probably change as I usually go down when my xmas party starts winding down and pound out a ridiculous score in my stupor. Has happened the last 3 years, every year.

Saving the queen also gives you a ridiculous
amount of points, when I saved her I suddenly had 5 million, so it probably had something to do with the really high score I got in the end

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Saving the queen also gives you a ridiculous
amount of points, when I saved her I suddenly had 5 million, so it probably had something to do with the really high score I got in the end

Ive got my queen rescue set to 3 mil. Its adjustable as well. The whole game is.

#74 6 years ago

27,883,470 on 10/19 my B-day
factory setting except special is EB
IMG_4800_zps4b65ade2.jpg

#75 6 years ago

Special is EB...come on guys....lol.

I dont all EB on any games but BG. The bagatelle is too neat of a toy to make it irrelevant.

#76 6 years ago

I'm in the club! Picked up a BG yesterday and set it up today, loving the game so far. Everything seems to work 100% so far. It could use a bit of a cleaning, and a previous owner did some "upgrades" to the graphics that I have to remove, but nothing too bad.

Just a note, my bagatelle almost always chooses lane 2 for the extra ball shot. I have seen lane 1 once and all others have been 2.

#77 6 years ago

Just rolled the score on big guns for the first time ever and saved the queen for the second time! 10,072, 530. I need to set it to a harder level at this point

#78 6 years ago

I'm in the club as well! Picked it up yesterday! I'm super happy with it!

The only problem with mine is the right cannon is maladjusted, so it hits the wireform weird, and the ball usually either falls out to the upper flippers or dribbles down to the lower playfield.

And know if this is an issue with the wireform of the cannon itself?

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Skrippy:

I'm in the club as well! Picked it up yesterday! I'm super happy with it!
The only problem with mine is the right cannon is maladjusted, so it hits the wireform weird, and the ball usually either falls out to the upper flippers or dribbles down to the lower playfield.
And know if this is an issue with the wireform of the cannon itself?

you can loosen the screws that hold down the wire form, I think there is a total of 4 screws, they are easy to see and get too. Just realign the wire-form and until the ball hits it correctly. Its not hard to do.

#80 6 years ago

check the catapult see if its loose

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Just rolled the score on big guns for the first time ever and saved the queen for the second time! 10,072, 530. I need to set it to a harder level at this point

Ya you do. This was my fear, hence why i made my settings more difficult.

#82 6 years ago

I know that I'm missing one og the nuts that hold the wireform down and I'm wondering if that's my problem.

SKILL_SHOT... How will I be able to tell if it's too loose or not, and if it is how could I tighten it? I'm not at home and wont be till Thursday.

I'd like to be able to just die in as soon as I get there.

Also, you guys that added spotlights for the upper part of the playfield could I get some pictures of where did add the spotlights.

Thanks everyone!

#83 6 years ago

Well I just looked at my cataplut and Im not sure if it would work if it were loose the slot it fits through is pretty close, I too am missing 1 nut on the upper left rail but not a problem. The 2 center nuts holding the plastic over the rail maybe? check that they are tight the rail wants to lift until secured.

#84 6 years ago

SKILL_SHOT, I feel that, that might be the problem, as the tip of the top rail was vibrating against the glass when I would flip, or if any vibration was caused. While the rail on the right doesn't touch the glass.

Though it does look like the ball hits the top rail too early, I'm not sure lowering it might not do the trick, but, I'm home from work tomorrow night and I'll give all the fixes I have a shot.

#85 6 years ago

Hey all!

My BG is having an issue. Right cannon locks and holds the ball just fine. Left cannon will not. Anytime the ball gets loaded it just fires it out right away. Can't start multi-ball and save the Princess with this happening..

Ideas?

Thanks!!

#86 6 years ago

check the diode on the saucer switch mine came unsolderd and did the same thing

#87 6 years ago

wannapinball.com has a nice one for sale in NJ
Nevermind, I believe it just sold

Post edited by njg : updated info

#88 6 years ago

also check the screws that hold the switch to the play field, they come lose and the switch will just hang there and not make contact. that has happened to me several times and I keep having to screw the switch back to the underside of the play field to get the cannon to work correctly

#89 6 years ago

OK! The diode was disconnected!!

Soldered it right up and played my first game with multi-ball!

Then a new problem cropped up. While it does hold a ball, sometimes it will eject it like before. I also get a Left Cannon switch error on boot up. I am thinking after all these years that the switch is becoming dirty/bad.. Who sells a replacement?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12133-12

Is that a replacement? Looks close, but you all would know better!

#90 6 years ago

I could also maybe use a new c-11823 3 bulb light pcb.. the far top bulb on the left side back row will not light no matter what I put into it. Moved in new bulbs, moved around the light socket connectors. Won't light no matter whats in there.

#91 6 years ago

maybe the diode is working intermittently? is it on the right direction?
maybe the diode on the board is dead N1004? try to reflow the contact on the board.
That looks like it but mine has 2 prongs although the top one looks snapped off on both, it may be that 1 prong is normally closed and the other normally open and since you want it to react when the ball closes it its probably normally open and the tabs were removed to prevent confusion.

#92 6 years ago

I checked it to the other cannon and all looked good. I'll take a pic and post it later tonight!

#93 6 years ago

Here is the manual it has the wire diagrams and parts list so that you get the right part instead of something that is close. Dont use Marco unless you really have to try bay area amusements or pinball life instead.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/250/Williams_1987_Big_Guns_Manual.pdf

#94 6 years ago

Played some more today, no switch errors, and the dot on the score board is finally gone!

I have the manual, the list for that switch isn't very descriptive.. switch, reworked.. plus of course the part number.

#95 6 years ago

yeah not very helpful, I did notice the only visable difference from the saucer switch and some from the ball trough switches is the arm length and bend on the end. The one you link theoretically should work if you flatten out the loop and bend a 90° up. Here check this out!
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2685
it says can be cut or bent as needed

#96 6 years ago

Thats cool.

So is the arm not long enough from the one I listed? Looks almost the same as the one from the manual, minus the diode of course.

#97 6 years ago

the one you listed looks like the kind for the catapult, same thing except the tip. The catapult has that rounded end and the saucer one has a 90° upwards bend.

#98 6 years ago

Catapult, Cannon. Thats what I'm talking about. The Cannon.

Not saucer. So for the cannon, would that work?

#99 6 years ago

the one you linked should work.

2 weeks later
#100 6 years ago

Spent the last few nights changing rubbers and plastics, giving the game a good cleaning with Novus, and waxing the PF. I still really love this game. Changing the rubbers from black to white seems to changed how it plays a good bit.

Quick question, anyone know what these plastics are for?

20140108_185603.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 17.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside