12 (resized).jpg
11 (resized).jpg
10 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

There are 804 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.
#751 1 year ago

Thanks for all the help.
I am getting some spark from a couple other flipper EOSs but I cleaned the contacts and still getting some here and there during testing.
So I noticed all 3 of the other flipper coils that are working have a yellow capacitor mounted right above the EOS switch but this lower left flipper that keeps blowing the fuse does not. It has that orange capacitor attached to the coil itself.(pic attached) Same function or a problem?

5 (resized).jpg
#752 1 year ago

Your capacitor is wrong... It is not supposed to be in parallel with the coil,... It is supposed to be in series.... Rewire it like the others..... That should take care of the problem

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Your capacitor is wrong... It is not supposed to be in parallel with the coil,... It is supposed to be in series.... Rewire it like the others..... That should take care of the problem

The thing about that tho is it's been setup like that since I bought it over a year ago and it's been working fine all that time till just a couple weeks ago. It's more like something has gone bad or is shorting. I need to replace or swap the coil first I guess to eliminate that as being bad. Doing so tho should I get a correct EOS capacitor (yellow) as well since I'm not so sure about that orange one that's on there now

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from TastyBlack:

The thing about that tho is it's been setup like that since I bought it over a year ago and it's been working fine all that time till just a couple weeks ago. It's more like something has gone bad or is shorting. I need to replace or swap the coil first I guess to eliminate that as being bad. Doing so tho should I get a correct EOS capacitor (yellow) as well since I'm not so sure about that orange one that's on there now

Correct - get the correct cap and coil OR swap left to right and you'll have your answer right away...

Matt

2 weeks later
#755 1 year ago
Quoted from JanS:

I get occasional 2 ball muiltiball also during game play. It will fire a ball out of one of the catapults even though you already have a ball in play. I replaced both catapult and saucer switches along with new diodes. All the other switches have their wires attached as new. Could it be a failing diode somewhere upstream in the chain?

I got this dam thing fixed. Took the whole catapult assembly apart and cleaned each one. Lots of old grease on the pivot points. Also replaced both switches on the assembly. The switches making contact was so close to either triggering the switch or not. I adjusted the switchs slightly up towards the playfield. Both locks now work!

On a side note, what angle degree you guys have yours set to?

1 week later
#756 1 year ago

*Update
As far as my issue with the Left Lower flipper blowing my F6 fuse, I bought a full flipper rebuild kit for it and new coil. After changing that out it's fixed! Love the response of the rebuild kit so much going to do my right one while I'm at it.

Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I got this dam thing fixed. Took the whole catapult assembly apart and cleaned each one. Lots of old grease on the pivot points. Also replaced both switches on the assembly. The switches making contact was so close to either triggering the switch or not. I adjusted the switchs slightly up towards the playfield. Both locks now work!
On a side note, what angle degree you guys have yours set to?

MotorCityMatt, thanks for the advice on that issue. I will look at mine as well.
Mine is set at a 7 degree slope.

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from TastyBlack:

Love the response of the rebuild kit so much going to do my right one while I'm at it.

Always do all the flippers at the same time.

Just makes sense to do them all. If one needs to be rebuilt, they probably all do. Just the basics, sleeve, plunger, coil stop, nylon bushing. Check EOS switch and spring first to make sure they’re ok.

Always remember to leave 1-2mm of up-down movement on the flipper bat.

rd

#758 1 year ago

If anyone is looking to join the club, I have a Big Guns for sale in the Market Place.

#759 1 year ago

Where can I find a new translite? Mine is pretty faded.

#760 1 year ago

Where can I find a new translite? Mine is pretty faded.

Mayfair Amusements had one some time ago. Give 'em a call.

2 weeks later
#761 1 year ago

NOS from Mayfair, beautiful.

20211120_171807 (resized).jpg
#762 1 year ago

NOS from Mayfair, beautiful.[quoted image]

VERY nice!

1 month later
#763 10 months ago

Just came home with this last night.
Pretty decent shape, needs cleaning and polish and that’s about it actually.
Mechanically solid.
8C68A665-7323-4DF2-8C1D-6AD7FC21EF29 (resized).jpeg357E078C-1B0E-483F-BCCF-80E9BFCFD9EC (resized).jpeg

#764 10 months ago

Anybody need a set of troll decals for the drop targets? Half the price of retail. PM me

3 weeks later
#765 9 months ago

Anyone know where to find the King's bagalatelle microswitches? I've tried PBR and all the usual sites, even with a diff wireform that i could swap.
My center switch is dead.

8AD317EB-F896-4665-B0B7-26F96130FD40 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#766 9 months ago

Bump - kings chamber ms search Q above

2 weeks later
#768 8 months ago

Anybody have a manual pdf. with the schematics included? thx

2 weeks later
#769 8 months ago

I frequently see ads for replacement plastics, and there is a piece that I don't see anywhere on my machine. Where is the circled piece supposed to be installed?

pasted_image (resized).png
#770 8 months ago

A second ball up in the bagatelle feature increased the randomness for me. Marco had some new ones so I ordered as it said two required, couldn't find it the manual either. Throwing two in mostly halted rejections too which was nice. Just thought I'd pop in and throw that nugget out there.

I also took that as an opportunity to change the rubber up there for first time ever haha.

1 month later
#771 6 months ago

Anyone know were to get the plastics that go around the cannons mine are all warped from heat and they arent included with the plastic kits.

#772 6 months ago
Quoted from EightBitLife:

Anyone know were to get the plastics that go around the cannons mine are all warped from heat and they arent included with the plastic kits.

Can you flatten them with weights and use heat to remold them a bit? Ive seen guys do that before with warped plastics.

1 month later
#774 4 months ago

Hi, i'm looking for a New full plastic set for my Big guns game... But it isnt available anywhere...! Does someone have one or know where to find it?

Thanks for your help!

1 month later
#775 3 months ago

Love this game but always find the code lacking.
Like the code is incomplete.

What if this game would get the BOPB/Funhouse treatment?

I have been thinking about this for a while now and think with the amount of targets it has, with modern code it could be a really great game.

If you could improve the code, what would you like to see?

#776 3 months ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

Love this game but always find the code lacking.
Like the code is incomplete.
What if this game would get the BOPB/Funhouse treatment?
I have been thinking about this for a while now and think with the amount of targets it has, with modern code it could be a really great game.
If you could improve the code, what would you like to see?

Maybe an extended queen rescue involving the ogres up top needing to be defeated.

Something more with the bagatelle as well.

I always set my Big Guns to defeat all 10 guards and not just the center 6. Made my games much more satisfying.

#777 3 months ago

Will replacing the AA batteries in the unit wipe out all the settings, high scores and such?

#778 3 months ago
Quoted from TastyBlack:

Will replacing the AA batteries in the unit wipe out all the settings, high scores and such?

If the power is on while you change the batteries, you will not lose the settings or high scores.

#779 3 months ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Hi, i'm looking for a New full plastic set for my Big guns game... But it isnt available anywhere...! Does someone have one or know where to find it?
Thanks for your help!

Ebay Mike P. has them in full NOS sets which include a few extras.
ebay.com link: itm

#780 3 months ago

Can any one sell me the upper drop target mounting bracket "B-11224"?
I can not find it anywhere.
I found 2 of the 4 coil mounting studs broke off, no room to drill it out and use a screw and nut.
thanks

1 week later
#781 83 days ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Ebay Mike P. has them in full NOS sets which include a few extras.
ebay.com link: itm

Is it just the pics or are those SUPER faded?

Looks way off to me.

Chris

#782 82 days ago

The ones I got were NOS and looked like new.

#783 82 days ago
Quoted from jscaptura:

If the power is on while you change the batteries, you will not lose the settings or high scores.

Thanks so much for the advice, that worked perfectly!

1 week later
#784 72 days ago

The newness.

Screenshot_20220923-213853 (resized).png
#785 71 days ago

Hey! I'm picking up a big guns tomorrow... and want to make sure it can fit in the truck!

Does anyone have the dimensions for the cab and head? I can't seem to find it online.

Added 72 days ago:

Finally found it! Just the head is 4inches taller than normal.

1 week later
#786 64 days ago

I finally got a Big Guns and can officially join the club! I'm having plenty of issues with both cannons, ball poppers, and the VUK. The right ball popper sends the ball into the right cannon, but that's all it does. The cannon never fires the ball. Same with the VUK in the back. Ball will go into it and will never be sent up. The left ball popper never loads the ball into the left cannon. During multiball, none of the cannons fire and the VUK never works. I've checked every single fuse and reseated every connector. The switch test shows that every switch is being activated that is having a problem. Doing a coil test never fires any of the coils that are having problems. What should I check next?

#787 64 days ago

The interconnect board, re-flow the solder of all connectors.

#788 64 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Pinball:

The switch test shows that every switch is being activated that is having a problem. Doing a coil test never fires any of the coils that are having problems. What should I check next?

Test where it goes into the interconnect board, re-flow the solder of all connectors.

1 month later
#789 33 days ago

Hey! Was looking to get some help with my big guns machine.

I did a flipper rebuild + replaced the solenoid on the top right flipper and now both right flippers don't work.

I think it blew the fuse so I replaced that.

EOS and wires look correct....

But when hit the flipper button it tries to move and it pulses the flasher under the right cannon.

While also making the left side flippers weaker now!

Any kinda of guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!

3 weeks later
#790 8 days ago

Please help me to decide the best LED color for Big Guns displays. Orange, Red, Blue, Green or White?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-big-guns-which-color-for-led-display

#791 7 days ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Please help me to decide the best LED color for Big Guns displays. Orange, Red, Blue, Green or White?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-big-guns-which-color-for-led-display

Green

#792 6 days ago

Have a similar issue to one mentioned above. Led flashers came in the game and didn’t notice any issues with them at first but wasn’t looking. I wanted to put incandescent in so I did but started blowing flasher bulbs right away. Put led flashers is and a couple are not working and some of them pulse when the flipper buttons are pressed. My flasher board doesn’t look like others I’ve seen. Also, the bagatelle was working initially but now the switches aren’t registering when the ball rolls over them and it reshoots it another time or two and looks like it just gives a random award. The 3x insert on the field acts correctly during attract mode but stays lit during play, diode tests correct though. Any guidance would be appreciated

9BF73C24-960D-424C-9ED8-6343E38B6E1A (resized).jpeg

#793 6 days ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Put led flashers is and a couple are not working and some of them pulse when the flipper buttons are pressed.

Big Guns is System 11B with Auxiliary Power Driver board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games

There are other solutions available as well.

#794 6 days ago

Thanks for quick response, I will read through that to see if I can find more info to help me. Ideally I’d like to just put all incandescent back in but I am blowing them in as soon as they go on in test mode. The leds are staying in right now because they aren’t blowing.

#795 6 days ago

89's are bright enough. Don't forget that the 2 flashers at the top of the back of are 28v.

#796 6 days ago

I agree, I like incandescent more and want to put them back in but they are blowing, that’s what I’m trying to fix

#797 6 days ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

89's are bright enough. Don't forget that the 2 flashers at the top of the back of are 28v.

The only 28v flasher on Big Guns is the Invincible lamp, which uses a #1251 lamp. All others are #89 lamps.

#798 6 days ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

The 3x insert on the field acts correctly during attract mode but stays lit during play, diode tests correct though. Any guidance would be appreciated
[quoted image]

The #3 insert staying lit is normal. That's the goal to shoot for to achieve a special.

#799 6 days ago
Quoted from jscaptura:

The #3 insert staying lit is normal. That's the goal to shoot for to achieve a special.

Thanks for verifying that

#800 6 days ago

Upon further review I noticed one of the connectors on the auxiliary flasher board was one pin off, fixed and bagatelle works as it should. A few flashers still not working but could be because it hasn’t been modified to have all led flashers. Still blowing incandescent flasher bulbs at certain spots, I know the popper and right cannon blow the first time they light up. The coils are all working as they should

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Westtown, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 804 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!