20210421_112554 (resized).jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-773628243 (resized).jpeg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1847600986 (resized).jpeg
03_11630_your_machine.jpg
04_wiring_diagram.jpg
02_11630_marcospec.jpg
01_11630_pinballlife.jpg
Cabinet Wiring (resized).jpg

There are 718 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 4 months ago

FLASHBALL This'll get you back up and going: https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/big-guns-pinball-cpu-rom-set/

I've ordered a couple of sets of ROMs from him. Fast turn around and fairly inexpensive, TBH.

#702 4 months ago

This is the mechanism for the right outlane ball save gate. For some reason it's wanting to stay open all the time and not Spring back closed when the coil is de-energised. Can someone snap a photo of theirs? Maybe my Spring is hooked up wrong or something.

EDIT

Problem was solved. The roll pin had pushed too far through and was dragging against the plastic bushing. Added Pics to show future owners possible gate fix.
20210427_140258 (resized).jpg20210427_140304 (resized).jpg

received_465577871164657 (resized).jpegreceived_465981991179579 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#703 3 months ago

https://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html

If anyone is beating their brains out trying to get the center post to work properly, I highly recommend buying this box of assorted springs at Harbor Freight. One of the springs works PERFECTY.

1 week later
#704 3 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

https://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html
If anyone is beating their brains out trying to get the center post to work properly, I highly recommend buying this box of assorted springs at Harbor Freight. One of the springs works PERFECTY.

Awesome! Thanks for this. Mine is acting up again.

#705 3 months ago
Quoted from TastyBlack:

Awesome! Thanks for this. Mine is acting up again.

Hope it worked out for you!

1 week later
#706 81 days ago

This was fun.

Stitched Playfield LQ (resized).jpg
#707 80 days ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

This was fun.
[quoted image]

What are you planning on doing to it now that it's been cleared?

#708 80 days ago

Fixing it! Lots to do. Doing inserts now.

Repair a little bit of the wood scuffs, clear, paint and decal and clear and paint and decal and clear and paint, and so on.

1 month later
#709 46 days ago

My left flippers are no longer working. Lower and upper will not respond to button press. Cleaned the contacts, still nothing. I looked through the manual but not sure what to look for on this. Is there a fuse associated with the flippers?
Any help to trouble shoot this would be great

*Update
I found a disconnected wire on the upper left flipper. Black wire with blue stripe. Not sure which of the 3 posts it should go on. I have attached a pic.

1 (resized).jpg
#710 46 days ago

Here is a pic from an archived add. Looks like the lug closest to the big yellow capacitor has 2 leads.

pasted_imageBG (resized).png
#711 46 days ago

Thanks for that pic. It looks like it blew the F6 fuse as well. Fuse was black. I pulled it and tested for continuity, no go so it's blown.
Now just need to find out what this fuse is and where to get a couple.

#712 46 days ago

Those are 2 amp slow blows.

#713 46 days ago

Looks like it says on the end cap it's MDL 2 1/2

Added 45 days ago:

* Update
After re-attaching that wire and replacing the F6 fuse with another MDL 2.5 S-B all good to go. Left flippers working 100% again.
Thanks for all the help

#714 45 days ago

You can download the manual here. Page 33 has the fuse listing. (actually the 36th page of the manual)

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=250

1 month later
#715 8 days ago

Ive just brought my big guns out of storage, done a few repairs and it appears to be fully working!
Even the center post seems to be working most of the time!
Ive got an NVRAM chip coming for it. Really enjoying playing a few games!

#716 8 days ago

Boy this thread has gone on for years. I've had a lot of pins over the years but never a Big Guns. Just bought one and picking it up Saturday. Early game #56 that's still system 11A. Non Mylar with a beautiful playfield. Cabinet is near prefect too. Game had to spent it's entire life in a non smoking environment as the boards also look like new still. That head looks to be the same size as a Banzai Run I once owned? Can't wait to tear into it and make it look as good as new again. Playfield strip, clean and wax, cabinet vac and clean, wax. Not a big fan of LED's but think I'll do the inserts with them. Maybe the head as well. Anyone have a spare flyer? I have quite a few for a possible trade?

1 week later
#717 2 days ago

Is there a Big Guns apron reproduction decal out there?

My apron is pretty cruddy and I would like to get it powder coated but all that I've found is generic System 11 reproduction decals.

#718 7 hours ago

You can get better results than powder coat by just spraying it yourself. I prefer the Rust-oleum black lacquer. Those system 11 apron decals are really nice if you want an original look and very easy to apply.

There are 718 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside