Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JanS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

The actuators need to pivot on the front and not the rear or they will be too short. Pinball Life has the catapult switch style in either front or back mount but not the saucer kick out. Marco has the identical switches but the actuators mount on the rear pivot making then 1/4 inch too short. Can the actuators be moved or is the actuator molded into it? Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

I did find the catapult switches with the armatures in the forward position. The saucer kick out L shaped armatures couldn't be found. I bought some straight 3 inch armature switches to bend. If I can pop the old ones out of my switch can they be changed over to save me from bending the new ones?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

If I can pop the old ones out of my switch can they be changed over to save me from bending the new ones?

Yes, that's not too hard on standard microswitches - little bit of prying on the 'ears' and they pop right off.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Yes, that's not too hard on standard microswitches - little bit of prying on the 'ears' and they pop right off.

Those are the small black switches which are no problem. These are the bigger white switches that the actuators sit in the holes on top.

#5 2 years ago

can you change the whole switch? I've done that when you couldn't find the original style. You might have to take the switch body apart on the other style.... not fun.

#6 2 years ago

I had some old switches here so I decided to take one apart. First of all the answer is no you can't get the actuator out without taking it apart. It has little ears that pivot in holes. Pretty simple and amazing inside and all but impossible to re-assemble. There is a contact that moves up or down between the 2 side contacts with the connectors protruding out of the switch body. The bottom connector is what the spring loaded contact is held in place by. I tried to put that connector and contact back together in the switch body and found it impossible let alone where the spring goes. So I will cut and bend the new ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-can-t-find-saucer-or-catapult-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.