Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Okarcades
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I just picked up a big guns, and the ball for the King's Chamber is missing. All the manual says is that it's a plastic ball. Does anyone know where you can buy a replacement, or what the diameter is, at least?

I'm also having two problems with the cannons. The right cannon doesn't fire properly/strong enough, and the ball rolls back out of the habitrail. Is there any easy way to adjust these?

The biggest problem, however, is that often it'll fire the first locked ball I make after about five seconds, after giving me a new ball at the plunger. I can't find any reasoning to when it'll shoot the ball out again, basically giving me two ball multiball, and when it'll keep it and let me lock balls for the normal three ball multiball. The rulesheets I've seen online don't mention anything like this at all. I was wondering if the switch was bad or something, but it seems to work properly 2/3 of the time, and I can't figure what would make it launch the ball again. If the switch went off and then on again, shouldn't it say cannon locked or something? Where in the code does some kind of switch on/off sequence make it launch the ball without any warning?

#2 5 years ago

Check all switches in the switch test, especially the saucers.

#3 5 years ago

I've sold my BG but here is some information for the ball your looking for:

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/250/Wi...uns_Manual.pdf

Page 43. Part number: 03-8111-4.

It's a 1" Nylon ball. Off-white.

I originally went to Michal's (craft store) and found a few plastic beads that matched the size of the original. I tested a few of them until I found one that worked. I used that bead for a long time until I came across and actual replacement (sorry, I can't remember who I purchased it from) however, the bead I had originally worked really well.

As for the cannon, I don't think there is an adjustment for this but you might want to replace the coil sleeve and make sure everything adjusted and working smooth. Mine had some mushrooming on the plunger shaft that was slowing it down. I filed it smooth and rebuilt the unit, worked great after that.

Your other issue sounds like a switch problem. Go into switch test and see if all of them are working properly. You may have one that is slightly out of adjustment or has a weak connection.

Good luck.

#4 5 years ago

I tried the switch test, but everything seemed to be working correctly.

Thanks for the measurement, dbpbandit

#5 5 years ago

The habitrail the cannons fire into often break at the weld and this takes a lot of momentum off the ball.

#6 5 years ago

I seem to have improved (although not completely alleviated) the firing problem by making the cannon switches more sensitive.

#7 5 years ago

To add to the discussion, make sure your cannons have the "correct" coils per the manual.
Try Pinball Resource for the King's Chamber ball. Don't wade through their website.... call them on the phone. Diameter isn't everything. Weight also comes into play. And fyi, the original is red.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from dbpbandit:

It's a 1" Nylon ball. Off-white.

Sorry but it is 3/4" and red.

I did not like the bounce of the original plastic ball when i played one at a show. I was using a steel ball for a while but not much time to react and change lanes, the plastic had a lot of bounce almost to much. My solution was to get a 3/4" glass shooter marble. I like it.

On a side note. One of the bigger sellers does sell the original ball but i can not remember whom.

Cannon issues could very well just need the microswitch replaced they do have limited switch life. When one of my cannons acted goofy i just replaced micro and no problem since.

2 months later
#9 5 years ago

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but where would one get the same micro switch with the extended arm?

Thanks

#10 5 years ago

I had a couple of the long straight arm ones and just formed my own if i remember correctly. i would think, Marco, Pinball Life, PBR would have the correct one.

6 months later
#11 4 years ago

I had the same problem with the left cannon not locking and I just replaced the 1n4001 diodes on cannons and saucers and the problem is now gone and the game works great

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marshfield, WI
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside