(Topic ID: 66088)

Big Guns BAGATELLE

By ironmaidenpin

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

i don't a good enough schematic to locate controller chip for switch 41,42 and 43 for some reason they all quit working at once which leads me to think that it is a ic chip that went bad since no broken wire no loose diodes in any help would be greatly appreciated THANKS!

#2 10 years ago

System 11a MPU, right? Sounds like you may just have a bad transistor on your switch matrix. Probably not an IC, or more stuff would be wrong with it. If you don't have a schematic, there is a quick and easy way to find out which one. With the machine on, set your multimeter to DC volts. I use an alligator clip and just connect the negative probe to the ground strap so you don't have to hold it and potentially slip/damage more stuff. Check the right/top leg (collector) of each of the 2n3906 transistor over on the bottom left by connectors j10, j11, and j12. You should see a small voltage on each (I think like .5v). If you see zero volts on any of those, it is shorted out and needs to be replaced.

#3 10 years ago

cool yeh i have replacement parts so that's no prob the reason i thought might be an ic is usually when mutipull things go wrong on my firepower that's what it ends up being usually though it is 4 things not just 3

#4 10 years ago

That is common for problems like that and random resets to show in multi-ball because of the same targets being hit on that line in the switch matrix. All kinds of crazy things happen when one of these pre-drivers for the TIP102s blows. Easy fix though.

#5 10 years ago

cool i have some on the way! hope it fixes it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-guns-bagatelle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.