Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Two questions concerning Williams Big Guns.

My back glass does not go all the way to the edges. Could someone who has one please tell me the dimensions of their back glass it compare to. Does back glass need to be made of any particular type of glass?

Second has anyone found a good black paint that matches the color of the Williams cases of that era ?

Thanks

#2 7 months ago
Quoted from lhsette:My back glass does not go all the way to the edges. Could someone who has one please tell me the dimensions of their back glass it compare to.

http://www.pinwiki.com//wiki/index.php?title=General#Exceptions_4

Quoted from lhsette:

Does back glass need to be made of any particular type of glass?

Tempered, sanded edges (polished edges aren't necessary and add cost), and no logo.

It should be less than $30 from a glass shop. Most glass shops don't have a furnace for tempered glass, so they need to outsource it, which adds cost, so shop around for a glass place that can do it inexpensively. Also note that they may have a minimum order in square feet, and a backglass alone probably won't hit the minimum. Also consider ordering a sheet or two of standard playfield glass.

Quoted from lhsette:

Second has anyone found a good black paint that matches the color of the Williams cases of that era ?

Try a satin or semi-gloss black and add a bit of gray to lighten it up to account for fade.

#3 7 months ago

Thanks for that link adnthe info. I was thinking being back glass it might not need tobe tempered sicne there is less risk of it beign shattered bya ball. Mine is missing the black plastic edges onthe sides to hold the translite inplace. But I do not think those would make up for the gap. I assume those are available for purchase as well?

#4 7 months ago

Tempered is safer and much stronger than plate glass.

Yes, trim and lift trim is available, but since the backglass is taller than most other games, you might not be able to find trim that is pre-cut to the exact lengths you might need.

gatecrasher carries plastic trim and can cut any length you need.

The lift trim (which is at the bottom of the backglass and has a lip on it so you can lift up the backglass) should be available from one of the major pinball suppliers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Garden City, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside