Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Collin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled (resized).png
Capture 112 (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

I've got a Big Game that booted and played when I first got it. It died, and now is missing the 5V and 12V on the solenoid driver board and MPU. Voltages are all fine on the rectifier board, though.

I usually look at Pinwiki, but am struggling to find the right section off the bat. If anyone wants to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Oh, and the blue wire with the orange stripe has apparently been removed from a connector (prior to my ownership) in case that's relevant.

#2 1 year ago

12 volts from the rectifier board (J3-8) comes into the Solenoid driver board at J3-12. You should see 12 volts at TP5. If not check to connectors.

Capture 112 (resized).PNG
#3 1 year ago

Remember that the 5v on the rectifier board is for the lamps and is unrelated to the 5v on the driver and mpu board. 12 not getting to the driver is your problem.

#4 1 year ago

Check driver j3 p10 connected to c23 negative lead. It is the isolated 12v return It burns up a lot and would cause missing 12v and 5v.

Consider doing the pinwiki driver board ground mods where it puts the 12v return on the board level ground.

#5 1 year ago

Untitled (resized).png

#6 1 year ago

Awesome, thank you all for the guidance! It's been long enough since I've worked on pins, I was hitting a mental block last night.

Barakandl - I need to do that mod to all my classic Bally / Sterms. Thanks for the reminder.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wood Dale, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7.00
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside