IMG_1093 (resized).jpeg
51CwcKhRSvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1528 New code!! Posted by slochar (2 years ago)

Post #1547 Updated Roms change log Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dicky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#805 4 years ago

Ok I’ve joined the Club

The cabinet is shot needs a lot of work l so i am going to try to save this classic stern

Playfield is in a great original state , backglass is toast so I have to replace it ,hopefully someone’s got a high res scan

Here’s a couple of Pictures

0C688950-4F14-49B3-91FD-A41F254175FF (resized).jpeg0C688950-4F14-49B3-91FD-A41F254175FF (resized).jpeg58AB7E65-4923-4C9F-A598-287A3A31AEAC (resized).jpeg58AB7E65-4923-4C9F-A598-287A3A31AEAC (resized).jpeg
#807 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Ah, but you have both spinners and the playfield looks good!

It’s because Playfield is in good condition I thought it would be worthy to bring it back from the dead

All I need is a new backglass & Cabinet

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That is a beautiful play field. Nice score.
If the cab has no water damage, it will not be hard to fix. Even installing a new floor is no big deal.
There are 5 pink inserts (one in front of each drop target + 2 more). Yours looks like they are faded to white.
You cannot buy pink anywhere that I know of. Now they are purple. They will look good when installed.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PI-1RP

Cabinet has water damage & has been eaten by borers or something, so its a new cabinet build and Head box
I will check out the insert color thanks ,otherwise i will just put Pink Purple Leds in them

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am working with Kerry at Mantis to build some ball guides for Quicksilver. It would be a perfect time to see if Kerry could make some of the guides that go between the Big Game flippers.
Anybody interested in some spares for their Big Game? Steve at PBR used to have some but he sold out.
Speak up. Make your self counted.

Yes Sir I need a set both mine are missing

3 weeks later
#892 4 years ago

Thought I would rebuild the Drop banks & touch up the Targets and hand polish the metal while the Cabinet is being rebuilt

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#894 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice job! I put Mylar over mine after doing that. They still look new years and thousands of plays later.

Yes I put Mylar on as well , I am hoping they don’t get caught if the Mylar starts peeling off

I am also looking for a pair of the metal brackets that go behind the top flippers , I thought I read that someone was going to make these ?

2 weeks later
#905 4 years ago

Just received an early Christmas Present today

New Repro Backglass

Pictures do not do this justice , pictures taken with phone & some above lights have reflections, green also looks a little flat in pictures but it is not

Big Game Glass (resized).jpgBig Game Glass (resized).jpgBig Game Glass1 (resized).jpgBig Game Glass1 (resized).jpgBig Game Glass2 (resized).jpgBig Game Glass2 (resized).jpg
#908 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

The tiger looks sensational!
The lettering is deep in color. Bright and beautiful
overall. I's say money well spent.

It wasn’t cheap but my original was toast so had no choice
Even the Tilt Game over inserts are perfect when backlit

Once the Cabinet is restored I will be able to show it better installed

3 weeks later
#909 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ball Guides
I sent out the short ball guide that goes between the flippers to Kerry at Mantis on Monday. Kerry received it today. I'll share any news as it happens.

Any News on these Ball Guides ?

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Pinsider djblouw will be making these guides.
Here are the questions:
1) Would you prefer to have an exact duplicate of your factory guide with the angle brackets/tabs riveted on? Or would you prefer to have the angle brackets made as integral pieces of the stop plate using no rivets? I prefer the no-rivet style but if most here prefer the rivets, then he can go with the rivets. Speak up.
2) How many BG owners are interested in a pair? I cannot speak to the price he would have to charge, but the $5.00 NOS units that PBR had are long gone. You are probably looking at around $25.00 for a pair.
[quoted image]

I would like a pair ,as I don’t have anything there at moment

The one without the rivets wouldn’t probably be the strongest

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Where did you get the backglass? It looks great!

I got it made by Coos in Holland

Just thought I would mention also that at the time when I asked him about the glass he did not have the art work for it but was able to source it & produce it for me , I believe since I first approached Coos it took about four months till I had the glass

Also with his process he uses non laminated glass ,so handle like eggs especially when fitting the trim , I have heard of people breaking them while handling to roughly

He does amazing work ,here is a link

http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Originally, I was going to hit him up to just bend and angle and drill two holes. That way there would be support all the across the stop plate.

I like that idea ,then when it comes to the post being in the way , why not just use a dremel to cut the curve out around the post on the metal guide ,that way it will still be strong and one piece

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A Dremel would work for me. And you. But I'm thinking that most are going to want to be able to open the box and install without any installation hassles. But if everybody would agree to buying something that needs modding before installation it would be easier to produce with just one bend and drilling two holes. Would it cost any less to produce? I have no idea.
I had clearance issue with my right guide. It was from the factory that way. I did some light modification to the post that was in the way and all went well.
But to ask everybody to step up and buy something that needs modded out of the box, would that go over with anybody besides you and me?

I think that most people with these older games would have the ability to do these small alterations to the guide ,lets face it these older games need a little bit of tuning to keep them going , I would like the type with the bent up angle , hell I could even put a third hole in the middle of the plate for even extra support as well

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

I don't know how much use it takes to get broken guides but if this bracket is always braking and we reinforce the design to not brake , the next thing might end up being bolting through the playfeild if the screws loosen during play and wear out the wood . but maybe not. i'm just throwing this out there because it's going to be a quick decider[quoted image]

My Big Game that I bought has not breathed life for many years , when I got it those in lane brackets where broken off and no where to be found

I wonder how long these original ones lasted the tabs are very small to start with so a few good impacts & I think they would break fairly easy

I believe the L shaped ones would hold up better & maybe with the third hole in the middle for extra support to spread the impacts over three screws instead of two , I think its worth a shot , then if is loosens the three screws its back to the drawing board to re invent the wheel again

#933 4 years ago

Yeah sounds great
I vote for the tabs to be wider & a third tab ,Somme people won’t want to screw into the third centre hole but will give the option if they decide that they want the extra support

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Alright, sounds like an attached tab is the way to go. We’ll see if we can get a third tab in, without making things too tight.
I’ll work with cottonm4 to get the dimensions needed and then advise once they’re made.

What ever type you make I will be happy with as I dont have anything at all

Can you make mine right hand drive ,we drive on the Left over here in Australia , sorry bad joke I know

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Okay, I have them made. The first set is being sent to cottonm4 for test fitting.
If he gives the thumbs up, I’ll start shipping to everyone else.
Price will be $18 for a pair, plus shipping.[quoted image]

Now how good do they look
Awesome job ,let me know when your ready to ship these out

1 week later
#992 4 years ago

While waiting for my Cabinet to be finished ,I thought I would Restore my Coin Door

Before
Coin door Original (2) (resized).jpgCoin door Original (2) (resized).jpg

After
Coin door Restored  (resized).jpgCoin door Restored (resized).jpg

#995 4 years ago

Was a bit unsure if to put the stern sticker on the door or not
As I’ve seen some with & some without
I’m sure it would have had one from new ?

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

really nice looking door Dicky , i have seen a lot with no sticker and it leads me to believe they just went out of the factory that way they might have ran out ,but there is clearly a place to put the label and the few original old doors i have seen that had a sticker used that same sticker you used . you did a lot of work so did you replate the chrome

Thanks Guys
Chrome Was replate & door Powder Coated , I think the door is a little light in color ,

Anyone know what the correct Color should be or have a code ?

1 week later
#999 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I have the next batch done, and have filled all the orders. If anyone else needs a set of the ball stops for Big Game, let me know.
Also, if there is anything else similar that is needed on other machines, reach out to me, and we'll see if I can make it.

Thank you for making this happen , as mine where totally missing

1 week later
#1000 4 years ago

The Rebirth of the Big Cabinet is moving along very well

hope to have to flipping in the next month or so

Big Game Cab (resized).jpgBig Game Cab (resized).jpgBig Game Cab1 (resized).jpgBig Game Cab1 (resized).jpgBig Game Cab2 (resized).jpgBig Game Cab2 (resized).jpgBig Game Cab3 (resized).jpgBig Game Cab3 (resized).jpg
#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

Dicky I'm hooked on your project now , question is the cabinet partly/mostly reconstructed or did you just sand every thing down like that ?

Hi Dragon
The cabinet is a new build,the only pieces I could use was the speaker base panel & the small green piece across the back of the head box

The rest of the cabinet is firewood as it had water damage & borers

The Playfield is in great shape so I decided to bring it back from the dead

Funny thing is I have never flipped a Big Game & just wanted to save a classic Stern

So if all goes well , I will have 4 Sterns in the collection up & running in the next couple of months

2 weeks later
#1013 4 years ago

Cabinet is coming along very Nicely
Nearly time to reassemble

760E78CA-DE47-4147-9459-65A2B7AFB87D (resized).jpeg760E78CA-DE47-4147-9459-65A2B7AFB87D (resized).jpegEAEC1C30-F1A1-48BB-BD29-B987EE7BBD38 (resized).jpegEAEC1C30-F1A1-48BB-BD29-B987EE7BBD38 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1015 4 years ago

Well its finally put back together

happy how its come up

bg1 (resized).jpgbg1 (resized).jpgbg2 (resized).jpgbg2 (resized).jpgbg3 (resized).jpgbg3 (resized).jpgbg4 (resized).jpgbg4 (resized).jpgbg5 (resized).jpgbg5 (resized).jpgbg6 (resized).jpgbg6 (resized).jpg
#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Very Very Nice !
I see a Seawitch and a Nine Ball in the background. Yours?

Yes Seawitch, NineBall both Mine also you missed The Quicksilver it has had a Total restoration done

As for Big Game only the Cabinet is a new build, I’m a bit unsure if I should get the Playfield restored ,it is pretty nice , it has the usual insert cupping on some the artwork is all there

Think I will just play it for now

2 weeks later
#1051 4 years ago

Any news update on the code rewrite for this game ?

4 months later
#1277 3 years ago

Green looks good
I have Orange on mine

2 weeks later
#1336 3 years ago

I will sell my old one needs a little Novas

BG Trash (resized).jpgBG Trash (resized).jpgBG Trash1 (resized).jpgBG Trash1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dicky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started?tu=dicky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.