IMG_1093 (resized).jpeg
51CwcKhRSvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1528 New code!! Posted by slochar (2 years ago)

Post #1547 Updated Roms change log Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TGIPinside.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 8 years ago

I absolutely love this thread and am so glad that I've found it. I am a newbee and only got my Big Game about three months ago. It is a great machine. I'm only at 1.6M high score and it looks like I've got a ways to go, but it will be a blast getting there.

My game play field is in pretty rough shape with some less than perfect repairs around the score cards, but that is a question for another post.

My main issues right now are intermittent POP bumpers lights (went to change out a burned out bulb and now the bottom POP bumper is on and off all the time). Plus the extra ball in the right lane light is intermittent as well. It burned out the other day and when I replaced it, it worked a little while but then goes intermittent.

I'm not too tech savvy, but do have a soldering iron and can do rudimentary stuff.

Someone just mentioned the POP bumpers in this thread and I was wondering if they could explain the rebuild, or if I should try something easy first. Like cleaning the contacts or something of the sort.

Big_Game_High_Score_8_25_15_v2.jpgBig_Game_High_Score_8_25_15_v2.jpg

#215 8 years ago

Excellent. I will view the vids and take the advice as my mech skills allow. Over the weekend, in between games.

I appreciate the feed back!

#216 8 years ago

On a different note, I had the glass off of the old girl and one of my daughters around. She could spell her name with the Big Game and wanted to see what happened when she started touching the targets and and the roll overs. Long story short, she got the score cards lit a couple of times (or more) and by the time I made her stop, it didn't just count off 3x at the end of turn, it rattled off 6. Anyone have that happen to them in real time play?

I'm looking forward to hearing the different fast beat after I get my second BG and cards. But in real play.

#219 8 years ago

That is a blatant copy cat on my avatar isn't it. I'll come up with a better one. Your was just too good to pass up rollitover.

#225 8 years ago

I am out next weekend traveling. Maybe I will take a picture of my high game this weekend, and save for the fun of it.

#226 8 years ago

No problem on the avatar thing rollitover. I like the my old homestead driveway picture. Reminds me of my first pin. I will have to get a picture of it from my nephew.

#228 8 years ago

Has since been cleaned up by my nephew. After recently being dragged out of Ma and Pa's bomb shelter. My first home based pin as a kid.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#235 8 years ago

I did get to play. Started OK on Friday night. But outdid it Saturday night. 1.4M is the bar gents. Happy pinning.

Not too many repairs made btw. Although I did replace my two prong electrical plug with a properly grounded three prong.

Tournament_09_15.jpgTournament_09_15.jpg

#237 8 years ago

3 balls confirmed on my submission. Not too sure about factory settings. I'm still new enough that I don't really know how to change the settings...I played as I bought it. Got a shoot again to get me to the mark.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Figured it out. I just cut a few coils down on the spring on the kickout arm, and it's all good now! Heck yeah. This is is super fast now.

So Chuckwurt, I am having a similar issue with my saucer. I have the game set up for speed and am now only getting the saucer to kick as far as the B. Hardly ever goes across the full BIG at the top (except for carefully timed bumps). I'm considering doing the same as you did with the spring. My plan would be to cut out one or two coils and then re-form the loop at the top for re-attachment.

But I want to be sure I'm understanding the terminology, I'll be working the spring attached to the actual kick out arm that impacts the ball and not the spring closer to the solenoid coils, right?

Probably a dumb question, but I'm still pretty new and am not really confident enough to be attempting a total rebuild, and I don't want to be without my playtime.

Looking forward to seeing my tourney score fall to better hunters.

#244 8 years ago

Excellent. Thanks for the response and advise. I'll hold off for now and use the nudge as needed. Until the thing really starts to struggle.

#273 8 years ago

I liked the whew! At the end of your video chuckwurt. Nice game!!!! I am definitely missing something. My BG has never cleared the cards that way. Very cool way to show us how it is done.

Can't wait to get back and apply some of those tricks.

#277 8 years ago

Great games everyone! I'll keep an eye on the thread and join in the next BG tourney. Congrats Chuckwurt, and thanks again for the video.

2 weeks later
#293 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I am in over my head on this one. But I am gonna give it my best shot tonight and tomorrow and see where I end up.
I also thought of this last night. On what ball does your big game award the 5,000 bonus per line completed at the end of the ball? Mine is on ball three. Just wanted to make sure ours are all the same.

Just figured out this after watching Chuckwurt's video (a half a dozen times) and then looking up the switch setting in the manual and changing my special down from ball four (on a three ball set up- it never came on) down to two.

I really like how it clears the playfield and the sounds it makes. Plus a new personal best over the weekend.

I'm on my way to 2.9M Red.

Big_Game_High_Score_9_28_15.jpgBig_Game_High_Score_9_28_15.jpg

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So after like 50 games and like 6-7 beers, I finally set a new bar! My first gameplay video. For the newbies to Big Game, this video will show pretty much all the game has to offer. I didn't quite complete the Cards a second time, but did complete the big game lane twice. Enjoy!
» YouTube video

So Chuckwurt, I think I noticed that your background drums never sped up during the monster game you video'd. Is that by choice (switch setting), or did you blow through the cards fast enough that it never had a chance to speed up?

#298 8 years ago

Ah, got it chuckwurt. I think I will give the video another viewing.

And a different drum beat is also on my todo list on BG, right there beside the 2.9M.

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

here's another thing to add
3. sell it to me

LOL! I just bought it from a flipper earlier this summer.

My BG isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

The best thing the guy did for me and the game was to tell me about Pinside!!!

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Haven't had a chance to play much this week. Gonna' ROCK this bad boy tonight though!
Last time I fired up my pins I had a very, very good run. I was in it.. flow... zone... whatever. The millions were flyin'.
How about tonight? Will I nail 1.8? Is there 2m in my future?
Off at2:30 and playing by 3.
Hey! What's that smell?
It's my Big Game burnin' up!!!

My wife's txt today "$0.50 Age of Ultron at Red Box tonight". My mind, Age of Ultron (again) or Big Game?????? Luckily they were all sold out so my decision is made. Time to go Hunting!

1 week later
#306 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

1.9m+ last night boys.
That was without reserve bonus lit!
Near impossible? Certainly improbable!
2m+ here we come!

Nicely done Rollit!!! Without the reserve lit you must have been hitting the Big Game spinner like crazy.

I did not see a Big Game up at the York, PA show. But I did get to play some new tables. It was pretty cool, and the kids liked it too. I'm thinking of using a hall pass to enter into a local tourney. We'll see.

I'm also thinking of posting some close up play field pict's to one of the Vid Restoration threads. My play field by the flippers really needs some help. It looks like it was down to the wood and then had some paint applied that has now become a blurry mess. I think I may try a touch up and then put some mylar on top. But will need some instructions. I'm definitely not up for a full blown restoration.

The Big Game is still up and running though. I'll be wrenching on it tonight. Got some more lights out on the cards. I'm replacing them as they go.

#309 8 years ago

The Tiger has been branded.

Just idle curiosity....I wanted to reach out and ask you Big Gamers out there if you have a number branded into the back box of your games (mine is on the upper left side). I looked up Big Game here on Pinside and it has listed that 2,713 were produced. But check out the picture from mine.

What's with this?

It looks post production but the machine is pretty rough all around.

PA140871.jpgPA140871.jpg

PA140872.jpgPA140872.jpg

#313 8 years ago

Cool. Tks. I'll keep snooping some.

My Grandpa Crab used a cipher for the purchase price for all of the goods in his grocery store. Way back in the day. My Dad still uses it when socking away stuff in his bomb shelter.

Next time I have the old girl open, I'll check the boards.

2 months later
#332 8 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks man. Mine will never leave, either. Mine is a player's condition, too. Some inserts are sunken and cupped real bad. The paint is alligatored and there is some slight planking. The play field protector helps hide the paint flaws and makes a smooth play field.
I know I am going to get myself buried in it price wise Today, I ordered a new play field glass. And I need a back glass that is not all flaked. I'm also going to light it up with LEDs.
Here is a another mod I did: My mini-post up between the spinners was bent back from years of ball impact. It had cut into the play field and the threaded shaft was bent. I replaced it with a more robust post and locked it in with a T-nut from the lower side of the play field.
mini_post_(resized).JPG

Mine was gone entirely. Just a little hole sitting there, until I noticed it and stole a post from the top of the game. Lucky I still have a spinner.

Unfortunately my BG is out of action just now. I need to jump the traces on SDU for the left side flippers. The previous owner had jumped the one of the left ones, and I ended up having to jumper both the right ones, but I didn't do the remaining left. Time to get my solder on again. You can find pictures of the burned out traces here on pinside somewhere, I've misplaced the previous owner's post.

Missing my BG.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TGIPinside.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started?tu=TGIPinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.