IMG_1093 (resized).jpeg
51CwcKhRSvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1528 New code!! Posted by slochar (2 years ago)

Post #1547 Updated Roms change log Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SergioJ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago

One thing that any body should do is make a protector for the plastic for the upper left target bank that has that small "teardrop" projection at the bottom. This piece is broken off on most games that I see.

5 years later
#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Interesting they would produce a
Catacomb with its limited numbers
and yet not even consider a Big Game?
Puzzling to me.

I think it also has something to do with their personal level of interest in doing it and someone willing to take on the work. Voltan is a great example of that. Would not surprise me to see them do a small run of that title at some point, but I don’t believe they would sell more than 20-30 at the most. (Wild guess....) That said I think Stu has an interest in it. Back in the early days of repro backglasses Herb Silvers had the “Dirty Dozen” group who fronted his repros. I believe the way that worked was that each member got to propose a title and they took turns. There were at least a few that were low production but based on individual members needs I believe.

9 months later
#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I found this Stern Big Game backglass for sale
$200
Melbourne, FL
Pinsider droogpunk
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108192

Wow....good condition? Really? What happened to the reds lol.......

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I think it is a prototype back glass. I'd like to have it.
The seller says it is local sale only. We have traded PMs and I said I could ship a box with a return ticket and he liked that. But when I asked to talk on the phone to get a little more detail, he has bolted. I look at his Pinside bonafides and see he has been on pinside for just 2 weeks and has made one post.
Are there any pinsiders that live in Melbourne/Palm Bay Florida that could pick this up for me and then I do business with you?

I guess it’s possible. I have an early Star-jet glass where they either missed or just didn’t include the orange screen. That could be what happened here, no red screen. I’d ask for a pic of the back first though, if you expand the pic there’s a ton of cracking in the paint throughout. This backglass is infamous for fading and paint flaking/cracking.

The pic looks vaguely familiar. You might want to do a search on it and see if it’s pulled from someone else.

2 years later
#1890 11 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Man, you have some rare birds in your collection cotton, very cool. What about mylaring just the bingo sections? The rest of my inserts are flat as a board.

I did that with some super thin mylar about 20 years ago that Pinball Pal used to sell way back when. Not at home so can’t post pics but it works like a champ. Feels like a regular playfield and no impact on ball trajectory at the edges. Looks okay, you get used to it. Balls generally going too fast to worry about that anyway lol. Not sure if you can still find that, but worth looking for in my opinion.

#1893 11 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

EDIT: I seem to recall Ron Kruzman saying at one time that he has some low-tack mylar. You might contact him and see if he has some to sell. If it is low-tack then you could "supposedly" remove it without lifting all your play field along with it.

That might be the same stuff I was talking about. It was also billed as being removable, though I’ve never tried to remove it.

8 months later
#2396 83 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It is not a stupid question. It is an honest question that deserves an answer. The other question is Why is it there?

The “technical” name is “anti-biff” bar. I thinks it’s more around preventing death saves and bang back techniques rather than hard drain rebounds coming back into play. They started appearing on games somewhere around very late 70’s early 80’s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 3.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SergioJ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started?tu=SergioJ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.