IMG_1096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1093 (resized).jpeg
51CwcKhRSvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 49.
#151 9 years ago

Hey chuckwurt, or all BG Club members, you might try green and orange flipper rubber. Looks really good. I have orange on the upper flips and green on the lower. Just a nice detail.

#152 9 years ago

Nice. Where did you get them from?

#153 9 years ago

Pinball Life. One thing though, I was initially a little disappointed in the orange ones. They were kind of a frosty or dreamsicle orange instead of a deeper more solid color. I have grown accustomed to them now though. I really like them along with the green ones.

#154 9 years ago

Maybe I'll try green with my current yellow.

#155 9 years ago

I like changing the flipper rubber from time to time. Adds a nice touch along with variety. Incidentally, my son has four different sets for his Batman Forever and every few months he changes them in a bit of a rotation.

#156 9 years ago

That's a pretty cool idea. I may try some slow fade color changing LEDS in the pops too and see how that looks. Or in the back glass. Might eventually put in an alltek lamp board too.

#157 9 years ago

Upgrades, upgrades. Would like to see some of those slow fades. Fun to try different things from time to time.

#158 9 years ago

Agreed. I plan to get a sample of them in the next month or so. I will post videos once I get them.

#159 9 years ago

That would be great! Looking forward cw.

1 week later
#160 9 years ago

Hey guys. I need help. So last night I got done rebuilding all my flippers and I also wanted to get the game as steep as possible to increase the speed. Whoa baby this mother is faster than ever now! The only issue I have now is at the saucer. It is not consistently knocking the ball with enough force to get it all the way back to the top rollovers. Is there anyway I can increase the strength of the kickout arm? the only thing I could think of is replacing the spring on the arm that physically hits the ball with a much more tense spring.

what do you guys think?

#161 9 years ago

I noticed that mine does the same thing on occasion needing three, sometimes four attempts to get it out properly. However, for whatever reason it seems to be able to "work" its way out of it. It will inexplicably stop the annoying behavior and go back to normal. ?!? Go figure. Could the increase in angle be stressing your kick-out? Try easing off a bit and see if that helps.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I noticed that mine does the same thing on occasion needing three, sometimes four attempts to get it out properly. However, for whatever reason it seems to be able to "work" its way out of it. It will inexplicably stop the annoying behavior and go back to normal. ?!? Go figure. Could the increase in angle be stressing your kick-out? Try easing off a bit and see if that helps.

Ok I will. mine will work itself out eventually too, just wanted to see if I could change something with the mech to fix the issue and keep my pitch of the game where it is at. I will mess with it again tonight to see what I can figure out.

#163 9 years ago

I will start with cleaning the mechanism and change the sleeve to see if it's help

#164 9 years ago

Figured it out. I just cut a few coils down on the spring on the kickout arm, and it's all good now! Heck yeah. This is is super fast now.

#165 9 years ago

Nice remedy. I'll have to remember that.

2 months later
#166 9 years ago

Hey guys. Here are all the LED conversions I made to my BG. All Comet. I put slow fad color changers in the in the backglass for the tiger's face. Not totally sure I like this yet, but it does look a little bit better in person than the video does. I also put alternating green and red LEDs in the Big Game lane. Also alternating green and reds in the top rollovers. I have amber LEDs in the bingo cards, and I also color matched all the colored inserts. Put Green LEDs in some of the GI plastics with Warm whites every where else that I didn't mention. I think overall it turned out well. Still might go back to warm whites in the backglass, but I want to give the color changers a shot for a while. See below for pics and a short video.

IMG_2593.JPGIMG_2593.JPGIMG_2594.JPGIMG_2594.JPGIMG_2595.JPGIMG_2595.JPGIMG_2596.JPGIMG_2596.JPGIMG_2597.JPGIMG_2597.JPGIMG_2598.JPGIMG_2598.JPG

#167 9 years ago

Like I said, not crazy wild about the color changers, but at times, if the colors are just right it makes the face look 3D almost and come to life a little bit.

#168 9 years ago

Looks sweet cw! Next time I need some upgrades I can use what you have done here as a template. Like the alternating colors in the rollovers. Nice!

2 weeks later
#169 9 years ago

That Big Game's playfield looks okay, just dimmer than white light would be. The backglass looks great.

[EDIT - urk, sorry - replied in wrong thread]

#170 9 years ago

I like what you did and I bet it looks better in person

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I like what you did and I bet it looks better in person

Waaaay better. I was kinda bummed how the pics and vid came out.

#172 9 years ago

New personal best fellas! I was tap passing like a mofo on this game to just keep rippin' the Big Game lane spinner and saucer. image.jpgimage.jpg

#173 9 years ago

I'd love to see this game in the PAPA finals.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'd love to see this game in the PAPA finals.

I am bringing it with me to every show from now on. I assume no one brings games to PAPA I have never been. Hopefully it plays well enough that the people running the show would use it in one of the tournaments. that would be totally awesome.

Unfortunately my work schedule will only let me hit up one to two of the early shows every year (OH, LAX, PAPA, etc).

But if I can swing the Cleveland show, southern fried, and maybe Chicago, I will have this badboy with me every time.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

New personal best fellas! I was tap passing like a mofo on this game to just keep rippin' the Big Game lane spinner and saucer. image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

'Atta boy cw. Light those letters, rip it and collect. Great game!
Just got my own 2m+ pt game on Friday night. Edged 'ya as I got 2.13m Had reserve bonus for back-to-back balls. Awesome we both broke 2m on the same weekend. Next goal: chase Redketchups high score. See 'ya.

#176 9 years ago

Right on man. Interestingly enough I had no reserve bonus on that game, just spelled big game twice and hit the spinner like 50 times. Haha. Pretty cool that there are two ways to score big on it.

1 week later
#177 9 years ago

Frustration!! I just had over a million on ball one, and didn't even break 2 million on the game, nor did I get the reserve bonus going arrrggggg. I turned off EBs by the way. They are getting too frequent.

However, I did experience something new though. You know how if you make your ball last long enough, the drums get more intense? Well if you do it long enough the drums gets super intense then start over with a slow beat but it is different than the original beat. Then, when that new beat becomes faster and more intense, it is a different beat as well. Pretty cool that they thought that far ahead and allowed for extra experiences with the sounds. Makes for a deeper game than I thought.

#178 9 years ago

Never noticed. I'll be paying more attention to that over the weekend.
p.s. Too bad about your 1m + 1st ball. I know the feeling.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#180 8 years ago

Hey guys. I have a full set of extra plastics for Big Game. There is one with a small break at the bottom (the big one that is on the right side of the Big Game lane). I will offer it up to you guys first before I make a for sale thread. I also have pretty much every part that goes on the top and bottom of the playfield (including original spinners). I will let you guys have at everything before I put it up on the market place. Let me know!! pictures of plastics and spinners below.DSC01215.JPGDSC01215.JPG

DSC01216.JPGDSC01216.JPGDSC01217.JPGDSC01217.JPGDSC01231.JPGDSC01231.JPGDSC01232.JPGDSC01232.JPGDSC01233.JPGDSC01233.JPGDSC01234.JPGDSC01234.JPGDSC01185.JPGDSC01185.JPGDSC01186.JPGDSC01186.JPGDSC01187.JPGDSC01187.JPGDSC01188.JPGDSC01188.JPGDSC01189.JPGDSC01189.JPGDSC01190.JPGDSC01190.JPGDSC01191.JPGDSC01191.JPGDSC01192.JPGDSC01192.JPGDSC01193.JPGDSC01193.JPGDSC01194.JPGDSC01194.JPGDSC01195.JPGDSC01195.JPGDSC01196.JPGDSC01196.JPGDSC01197.JPGDSC01197.JPGDSC01198.JPGDSC01198.JPGDSC01199.JPGDSC01199.JPGDSC01200.JPGDSC01200.JPGDSC01201.JPGDSC01201.JPGDSC01202.JPGDSC01202.JPGDSC01203.JPGDSC01203.JPGDSC01204.JPGDSC01204.JPGDSC01205.JPGDSC01205.JPGDSC01206.JPGDSC01206.JPGDSC01207.JPGDSC01207.JPGDSC01208.JPGDSC01208.JPGDSC01209.JPGDSC01209.JPGDSC01210.JPGDSC01210.JPGDSC01211.JPGDSC01211.JPGDSC01212.JPGDSC01212.JPGDSC01213.JPGDSC01213.JPGDSC01214.JPGDSC01214.JPG

#181 8 years ago

Sunday morning bump gents. Anyone need spinners or plastics? Last call before I put these on the market tomorrow.

#182 8 years ago

Hi Chuckwurt !

PM sent for a spinner

Lionel

#183 8 years ago

Hey cw, interested in a spinner(or both if other falls through) and a plastic piece. pm sent!

1 month later
#184 8 years ago

Can someone help me understand the rules on this one? Playing one now...
Mof

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can someone help me understand the rules on this one? Playing one now...
Mof

Sorry dude. Just saw this.

Whether it is three ball with EBs or five ball no EBs, play to get your bonus built up ASAP. Your bonus carries from ball to ball.

So, get your bingo cards going. One, and sometimes two of the cards will be lit at a time. The card(s) that is highlighted changes with every top rollover, top pop bumper (only the top one), and sling that is hit.

To fill the cards up you need to hit the drop targets. Whatever number you hit, it will light that number on the card(s) you have lit.

To get 2x bonus (carries over from ball to ball), fill one full card or make two bingo lines on two separate cards.

To light 3x, you need to fill two cards full or make two bingo lines on all three cards.

The other way to score big is the left spinner/big game lane.

To light the corresponding letters in the big game lane, you need to hit all three top rollovers, the two standups on the left, and the two inlanes to spell big game. Each letter you light will award you 5 k at the top of that big game lane via the saucer.

You can spell big game up to two times making each shot to that saucer worth 70k max (5k per letter times 14 letters)

Another way to big points is lighting the spinners. The left spinner is lit along with the X bingo card. If the X bingo card is highlighted, the left lane will stay lit. If you switch to another bingo card, that left spinner light will go out.

The right spinner is lit when you complete all three of the top rollover lanes (B I G). When you complete those, the right spinner stays lit for the remainder of the game.

So again, light your bingo cards and get to 2x and 3x ASAP, then rip those lit spinners and you'll see your score jump up.

#186 8 years ago

There are some more scoring opportunities once you complete all bingo cards, but what I mentioned above is the main strategy.

Extra balls are lit after spelling big game once, and another one is lit by getting the four corners lit on two bingo cards.

1 month later
#187 8 years ago

Anybody ever get this high?

I only got one extra ball and its on three ball.

I completed big game twice and was like 5 numbers away from filling the cards twice. Had the reserve bonus on ball one.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#188 8 years ago

Nm, just saw Reds old score. Damn Red, thought I had you! Haha

#189 8 years ago

Awesome score cw!!! Beats my 2.138+ by a long shot. Oh well, I'll be back at it trying to top your score. Good to have a renewed challenge. Keep it up and you'll soon be posting a 3m+ score soon!

1 week later
#190 8 years ago

Got the Xpin Displays installed!

DSC01314.JPGDSC01314.JPG

DSC01315.JPGDSC01315.JPG

#191 8 years ago

Looks sweet cw! You have put alot into the improvements of your Big Game.
Nice machine that gets better every time you post pics!

#192 8 years ago

Remove my playfeild for a socket job, a lot of them are flacky, so new socket every where... Except for the bingo card

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Remove my playfeild for a socket job, a lot of them are flacky, so new socket every where... Except for the bingo card

My bingo cards and one of my pop bumper sockets are the only ones that I have left that are flaky. I have a spare set of bingo card sockets, but I guarantee they aren't all good, so I don't think I will swap any of mine out. I only have about 2-3 numbers on my bingo cards that are flaky.

I am in the process of preplacing the pop bumper socket cause it is very annoying seeing it flicker on and off all day long.

#194 8 years ago

I soon won't be a member of the club. I will be trading in my Big Game for some much-needed home repair work. But it will be in very good hands.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I soon won't be a member of the club. I will be trading in my Big Game for some much-needed home repair work. But it will be in very good hands.

1 week later
#196 8 years ago
#197 8 years ago

Hello. Joined the club a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying the game so far (although need flipper rebuilds on the right side). Question for the group - does anyone have any spare spinners to sell? I believe mine are Gottlieb spinners (bigger white plastic ones) which were put on the machine at some point. I'd love to buy Big Game replacements but if not, I believe there are some generic Stern ones on ebay for sale from time to time that would be my fallback option. Thanks.

#198 8 years ago

Anyone have an extra spinner? Someone put one from a Stars on mine! The other is okay

#199 8 years ago

I recently acquired two extra big game spinners but they sold right away. From what I understand they are very hard to find in any condition.

Definitely get the generic stern ones at least. Toss the plastic GB ones.

Oh yeah, welcome! I'm a little obsessed with this game. Haha

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Toss the plastic GB ones.

Those light plastic spinners are garbage. They don't spin worth a crap. They don't fly worth a crap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.