3EE2F5EC-1D5C-4800-96C5-89BDBFFB6E5D (resized).jpeg
69F350D5-4790-4391-8940-00D81B7E9354 (resized).jpeg
A1F2AD63-AFC8-4E6E-92D3-ECC6A411498F (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277 (resized).jpg
IMG_6276 (resized).jpg
IMG_6273 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 1483 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
#1451 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I played a lot last night. A buddy came over and knocked off my score of just over 2 million with just over 3 million. With EBs off, and using the updated code, not sure how I’ll ever beat it, but I’m trying!!

What? I have those ROMS that allow the spinner spins to be counted. Is there something else? What is this code update?

#1452 12 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What? I have those ROMS that allow the spinner spins to be counted. Is there something else? What is this code update?

Yep. That’s the one.

#1453 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I played a lot last night. A buddy came over and knocked off my score of just over 2 million with just over 3 million. With EBs off, and using the updated code, not sure how I’ll ever beat it, but I’m trying!!

Nice!
Two million is a MONSTER game on this title.
Three million seems to be a near impossible dream.
Not having played under the new code I would still
assume three million will be really tough to beat.
You got your work cut out for 'ya cw.

#1454 12 days ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Nice!

Yeah the main thing is bonus doesn’t hold over. However you can trap up and wait for the cards you need then hit drops or wait for a lit spinner since the cards are on a timer in addition to changing with switches. So it’s probably close to an even trade off maybe.

I never got 3 million on the stock code and I tried for 6 years so...... haha

#1455 12 days ago

https://sites.google.com/site/allentownpinball/galaxy-asm/BIGGAME-V8.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

The latest code, if you don't have it. V08 on the match display on bootup.

#1456 12 days ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Nice!

I made 2.2 million a couple of years ago. It has turned into a (long term?) goal to achieve again. I am lucky to break a million nowadays. The best I have done recently was to light up 26 bingo card lights on Ball 1. And then balls 2 and 3 turned into shoot-drain balls got about 30,000 points between them.

#1457 12 days ago

This is like waiting for Christmas morning to open my presents. I always had to peek

I have to peek.

This is that weirded out back glass that I bought out of Florida 3-4 months ago.

784b5ef32889097ddcbc1c035628e14b51e8318d (resized).png

This is the pic of the same back glass that I saw on VP Forums.

645177e191e7863e6ffbac29dbd68ea4d6f315b4 (resized).png

Yesterday, this showed up on the "what machine did you bring home today" thread.

This makes 3 of these white back glasses. This makes me want to thump my chest and howl at the moon

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/403#post-6258316

post #20121

aa76baa9af640bda99c5b2d30a2bab92f7530f41 (resized).jpg

Buuuuuut, not so fast for me. About 4 months ago, this one showed up on the Big Game thread. I missed it at the time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started/page/28

post # 1373

65cc99bdc9ab990eb00fc13996a0ebf89041b9bc (resized).jpg

The BIG GAME still shows shades of red but looks like it is going white. The nose is turning white. And the tongue is starting to bleach a little bit. The "Stern" script above the eyes looks like it is turning white, as well.
======================================

Maybe what I am looking it is a collection of sun bleached messes. Maybe I am being anal about it. But I like mysteries; My other hobby is reading Agatha Christie mystery novels

#1458 12 days ago

Whether it’s actually white or not, it still looks like shit. Haha

#1459 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can see you are a man who knows how to pick your battles

I bet you don't tell your wife that her new hair cut/permanent looks like shit. And if she asks you " Does this dress make my ass look fat?" I bet you do not say "yes"

#1460 12 days ago

I think that third one is just faded or flaked but the other two have marked differences, you’re right cottonm4. Interesting they both surfaced in Florida.

#1461 12 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Interesting they both surfaced in Florida.

I thought that as well.

Mine was shipped from the east coast and this newly arrived Big Game is in Tampa.

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 10.27.47 AM (resized).png

#1462 12 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is like waiting for Christmas morning to open my presents. I always had to peek
I have to peek.
This is that weirded out back glass that I bought out of Florida 3-4 months ago.
[quoted image]
This is the pic of the same back glass that I saw on VP Forums.
[quoted image]
Yesterday, this showed up on the "what machine did you bring home today" thread.
This makes 3 of these white back glasses. This makes me want to thump my chest and howl at the moon
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/403#post-6258316
post #20121
[quoted image]
Buuuuuut, not so fast for me. About 4 months ago, this one showed up on the Big Game thread. I missed it at the time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started/page/28
post # 1373
[quoted image]
The BIG GAME still shows shades of red but looks like it is going white. The nose is turning white. And the tongue is starting to bleach a little bit. The "Stern" script above the eyes looks like it is turning white, as well.
======================================
Maybe what I am looking it is a collection of sun bleached messes. Maybe I am being anal about it. But I like mysteries; My other hobby is reading Agatha Christie mystery novels

Given that the tongue pattern looks similar between the badly fading one and your white one...

I'm inclined to think yours is badly faded. Sorry.

#1463 12 days ago

Just lighting

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1464 12 days ago
image (resized).jpg
#1465 12 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can see you are a man who knows how to pick your battles
I bet you don't tell your wife that her new hair cut/permanent looks like shit. And if she asks you " Does this dress make my ass look fat?" I bet you do not say "yes"

No disrespect meant, just throwing out my opinion on the manufacturers choice to make a white version. Poor choice imo. If you like it, do you.

Which makes me wonder. Let’s say it’s not some rare white version and it’s just faded? Did you obtain it for the look or the fact that it might be a really rare version?

#1466 11 days ago

Why would the foliage be white? It's sun faded. No idea why the green wouldn't fade, but no idea why they'd make white leaves.

#1467 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Indeed.

#1468 11 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No disrespect meant, just throwing out my opinion on the manufacturers choice to make a white version. Poor choice imo. If you like it, do you.
Which makes me wonder. Let’s say it’s not some rare white version and it’s just faded? Did you obtain it for the look or the fact that it might be a really rare version?

I’m not offended in any way. Perhaps I should have used the sarcasm icon.

I went for it for it looking different.

But I like the way it looks.

#1469 11 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why would the foliage be white? It's sun faded. No idea why the green wouldn't fade, but no idea why they'd make white leaves.

To add to the sun bleach confusion there are 4 leaves at the bottom that are still yellow.

#1470 11 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

To add to the sun bleach confusion there are 4 leaves at the bottom that are still yellow.

Then why would they color a few of the most obscure in the entire print and do the rest in a special white?! It makes no sense if you're arguing that it's a prototype. They'd keep it all white and green at that point; they wouldn't toss in a dab of yellow for laughs.

#1471 11 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Then why would they color a few of the most obscure in the entire print and do the rest in a special white?! It makes no sense if you're arguing that it's a prototype. They'd keep it all white and green at that point; they wouldn't toss in a dab of yellow for laughs.

I cannot answer those questions.

What does not make sense to me is if it is a sun bleached mess, then how has is it that it is all bleached white except for four small areas at the the bottom that are yellow surrounded in a sea of white? How did this bit of yellow survive the sun?

I was not going to mentioned it on this thread again. There was no point. Until another one showed up yesterday. Now, there are two back glasses that are white. And I have a picture of a 3rd one. That's a lot of sun bleach work.

This is the puzzle. How is it that the red and the yellow that borders the "Big Game" text get eaten by the sun but down at the very bottom some yellow still lives? This is what I can't figure out. How did this yellow down at the bottom escape the wrath of the sun when everything above is pure white?

IMG_6273 (resized).jpg
IMG_6276 (resized).jpg
IMG_6277 (resized).jpg

#1472 11 days ago

Again, a prototype is usually done for simplicity's sake. Why would they bother adding any small patches of pigment if the goal was green/white?

#1473 11 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Again, a prototype is usually done for simplicity's sake. Why would they bother adding any small patches of pigment if the goal was green/white?

True, very possible those yellow areas at the bottom where somehow covered by something so did not bleach out. Who knows? I kind of like the white version, matches the cabinet well.

#1474 11 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

True, very possible those yellow areas at the bottom where somehow covered by something so did not bleach out. Who knows? I kind of like the white version, matches the cabinet well.

It does match the cabinet. Red pops way more though.

Do the other examples of the white backglass also have the yellow areas at the bottom?

#1475 10 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It does match the cabinet. Red pops way more though.
Do the other examples of the white backglass also have the yellow areas at the bottom?

Within this question we may have the answer because IF the other examples are the same then we have something not produced by random but rather intention.

#1476 10 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I have PMed the other guy with the white back glass asking if his glass has those yellow accents at the bottom. I am hoping to hear from him after he gets home from work this evening.

Actually, he is the only other example besides me. Right now, we are just twins that can be seen and touched. The pic of the white glass I got from VP Forums could be a picture of his glass, or a picture of mine. Or it could be a pic of a complete third white back glass. So, either there are 2 or there are 3 of these white back glasses.
=========================================================

But I doubt I will ever know about #3 in the VP pic. This "Flying Dutchman" who put that picture up on VP Forums did so 7 years ago, in 2012. He does not respond to my VP Forums PMs and no one at VP Forums can hook me up with him. So, either he has moved on to other things or he is dead. I was really wanting to ask him where he got the pic of that white back glass he posted. I was fascinated by it when I first saw it and loaded it up as my back glass in my Visual Pinball machine.

VP Forums works different than pinside. For a certain amount of donation money, you become a lifetime VP Forums member. I joined up as a lifetime member in 2013 but I never go there anymore. If I was dead and gone, the VP people would never know.

#1477 10 days ago

Here I am! New to the club and I have the back glass Cotton talks about. I’m glad to be in this club. I played this game for the first and only time at Pinburgh 2019 and wanted it. Do I think there should be red.....yes, but I’m happy to have what I have!. Inserts cupped not horrible, but definitely noticeable. 4B7273BF-7524-4FDB-8123-8D0BA91A20EF (resized).jpeg69F350D5-4790-4391-8940-00D81B7E9354 (resized).jpegA1F2AD63-AFC8-4E6E-92D3-ECC6A411498F (resized).jpeg3EE2F5EC-1D5C-4800-96C5-89BDBFFB6E5D (resized).jpeg

#1478 9 days ago

I don't know why I did not think of this before, but I removed the plastic white beauty strips along the sides of the back glass.

Without a shadow of doubt, this back glass is a sun bleach job.

Here is where the sun never shined.

IMG_6298 (resized).JPG

Under the beauty strips is the yellow that was hidden from the sun. I am still lost to how it can be bleached white all over with just some sprigs of yellow still showing along the bottom. Possibly covered up with something as Woody suggested.

IMG_6295 (resized).JPG

IMG_6295 (resized).JPG

Some like this. Some don't. I understand. I appreciate the feedback and opinions.

I did ask Steve at BG Resto that since he had the files to make the Big Game backglass, if he could make it in different colors? The answer was "yes". I asked if he could tool up and make the orange tiger a white tiger. He answered "yes". Eventually, I think this is the way I will go. A white tiger with ice blue eyes and white lettering for Big Game.

#1479 9 days ago

Did my first Beehive playshield sunday. I like it. Well executed. Instructions were great and definitely addressed things i would have not considered until i found out the hard way. Waxed the playshield, tuned the flippers, pops & slings, added 1x4's under the back legs and popped in a fresh tumbled polished ball. Niiiiiiice...

20210502_202849 (resized).jpg20210502_202906 (resized).jpg20210502_203205 (resized).jpg20210502_202823 (resized).jpg20210502_234136 (resized).jpg
#1480 9 days ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Did my first Beehive playshield sunday. I like it. Well executed. Instructions were great and definitely addressed things i would have not considered until i found out the hard way. Waxed the playshield, tuned the flippers, pops & slings, added 1x4's under the back legs and popped in a fresh tumbled polished ball. Niiiiiiice...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put a beehive on my BG and love it. Plays great and after hundreds of plays it still looks new. I have had many clear coated playfields and to me it plays very similar.

#1481 9 days ago

If you have cupped inserts, there's no reason not to at least try the Beehive playshield.

#1482 9 days ago

Had my beehive on for last couple months = looks great +plays great

#1483 9 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

I put a beehive on my BG and love it. Plays great and after hundreds of plays it still looks new. I have had many clear coated playfields and to me it plays very similar.

Eventually, some of the "new car" shine will go away. The protector will get light scratches. You will not notice. The change is subtle. But someday you will lift it up scratch your head trying to figure out how all of those minute scratches hid in plain sight.

I have made all of my protectors. Big Game was the first. They are the sure correction for cupped inserts. When I restored and cleared BG, the protector went away. I never could tell a difference in how played with protector vs. clear coat. Clear coat is prettier, but not necessarily hundreds of dollars worth of prettier. But yeah, I like my playing BG with the clear better than with the protector.

I have hand-made protectors for:

Big Game, Nine Ball, Catacomb, Laser Cue, and Seawitch. There are 2 benefits. Cupped inserts go away. And you are not adding to play field wear.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

If you have cupped inserts, there's no reason not to at least try the Beehive playshield.

Agree 100%.

There are 1483 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside