IMG_1096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1093 (resized).jpeg
51CwcKhRSvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 49.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. My 1.1 was my best. Broke million a few times as well.

Pretty good for someone who hasn't owned the game very long. You'll be in the 1.5 range before long. I'll be aiming at 2m and thinking of Red's amazing scores every time I play I'm sure. Congrats to Redketchup, the first champion of the chuck, Red and roll tournament! November anyone?

Post edited by rollitover: script/ grammer

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Pretty good for someone who hasn't owned the game very long. You'll be in the 1.5 range before long. I'll be aiming at 2m and thinking of Red's amazing scores every time I play I'm sure. Congrats to Redketchup, the first champion of the chuck, Red and roll tournament! November anyone?
Post edited by rollitover: script/ grammer

Sounds awesome to me.

#104 9 years ago

Goty new speaker today, but one of the nuts from the old speaker is stuck and I cannot loosen it. It's rusted to the bolt. Problem is, the other side of the bolt underneath the cabinet has a head like a nail and flush with the underside of the cabinet. Cannot hold onto it with anything to be able to get the nut loose. Any ideas?

#105 9 years ago

there's some stuff you can pour on it that will help loosen the 2 parts.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

there's some stuff you can pour on it that will help loosen the 2 parts.

Any idea what it's called?

#107 9 years ago

To Redketchup and chuckwurt, glad to hear from you in regards to November challenge. Let's keep in touch. We'll decide on a particular weekend later. Looking forward!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Goty new speaker today, but one of the nuts from the old speaker is stuck and I cannot loosen it. It's rusted to the bolt. Problem is, the other side of the bolt underneath the cabinet has a head like a nail and flush with the underside of the cabinet. Cannot hold onto it with anything to be able to get the nut loose. Any ideas?

If you have a Dremel tool (or something comparable) you could try to cut a groove on the head of the bolt under the playfield using a small grinding wheel, thus making it similar to a screw head. Plan B: drill it out all together. You'll figure it out. Let me know how it sounds after installation. Might do the same to mine. Thanks

#109 9 years ago

New speaker is in. Pretty awesome for $26 bucks for two of them shipped using a $5 off code. Before if I turned it up a lot, the highs were cracking a lot, and the lows weren't deep at all. Now when I crank it up. I can feel the game vibrating with the drum beat. Pretty awesome.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any idea what it's called?

hi
i don't remember

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hi
i don't remember

That's alright. I just used good old fashioned brute force to get it loose.

#112 9 years ago

denver.craigslist.org link

I'm parting with my Big Game
Please adopt it for $800, I want it to go to a good home and not a Flipper!

#113 9 years ago

Wow back glass lok perfect... pretty rare for a big game...

#114 9 years ago

Yeah, that backglass is great and the pin is so clean. I'm amazed at the artwork on this pin, the colors are so vibrant for that era of pinball.

#115 9 years ago

Reaally nice backglass on that machine. Maybe the best I will ever see. Overall nice, clean game. If I were into restoration(paint on the bingo cards) and Aladdin were closer... Shipping cost hinders me or I would strongly consider swapping it for the one I now own. Hope all goes well!

1 week later
#116 9 years ago

Playing last night and sure enough... Houston, we have a problem. Machine cut out mid-ball, came back on and did it a second time. Turned it off, then back on. Only got six pings and am now without attract mode and displays. Anybody shed some light?

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Playing last night and sure enough... Houston, we have a problem. Machine cut out mid-ball, came back on and did it a second time. Turned it off, then back on. Only got six pings and am now without attract mode and displays. Anybody shed some light?

Hilarious. This exact thing happened to me Sunday night when I was playing. I am pretty sure you blew the 7 amp slo blo fuse in your rectifier board (the thing with all the fuses in it in the front of the cabinet to the right of the speaker). See below, I took that fuse out already in this picture and the type of fuse is in red above the board. I was getting flipper rebuild parts from PBR, so I added some of those fuses to my order. That is what happened to mine.

I can mail you a fuse if you want, but I probably wont get mine for the next couple days. Just PM me if that is what happened to yours and if you want me to mail you one.
Blown Fuse.JPGBlown Fuse.JPG

#118 9 years ago

Nice reply cw. Checked the fuses right away, none felt hot nor showed signs of being blown. However I will I will remove fuse and inspect tonight. Thanks for the offer to send me one. May have some on hand. Do you have any idea why it would blow a fuse in the first place? Just normal playing afterall.

#119 9 years ago

Those three Bridge Rectifiers on that board might be your issue. Before I changed the one that controls the feature lights, I reflowed the solder and applied new heat sink paste and it worked, for a little while. I'd do it again, and it worked again for a little while. Finally, I had to change out the BR.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Nice reply cw. Checked the fuses right away, none felt hot nor showed signs of being blown. However I will I will remove fuse and inspect tonight. Thanks for the offer to send me one. May have some on hand. Do you have any idea why it would blow a fuse in the first place? Just normal playing afterall.

I am not sure. I was in the middle of a game when it happened to me as well. I just figured it was a random voltage spike. I guess I will know for sure when I get that new fuse in there. Hopefully it doesn't blow right away again.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Those three Bridge Rectifiers on that board might be your issue. Before I changed the one that controls the feature lights, I reflowed the solder and applied new heat sink paste and it worked, for a little while. I'd do it again, and it worked again for a little while. Finally, I had to change out the BR.

Thanks for the tip but had the rectifiers replaced less than a year ago. They shouldn't fail so soon.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Thanks for the tip but had the rectifiers replaced less than a year ago. They shouldn't fail so soon.

Oh, yeah prob not them then. Maybe a ground issue? Check the screws on the boards and other grounding points?

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Oh, yeah prob not them then. Maybe a ground issue? Check the screws on the boards and other grounding points?

Good idea. I am going to double check all my grounding points too. That was the only other thing I could think of from a random fuse blowing in the middle of a game.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Will do. Sure seemed odd, cutting out like that right in the middle of a game.

#125 9 years ago

Also check the wire that goes from the sound board to the MPU... I had reset probleme with my F2K and it was the probleme!

#126 9 years ago

My problem was definitely the blown fuse. Game appears to be back to normal. Not sure what happened though. Hopefully you can figure your issue out Roll, cause we got our November showdown coming up!

#127 9 years ago

The problem leans towards a blown fuse but it doesn't appear that one is blown. I am going to put in a new one anyway(if I have one). We'll see. chuckwurt, you are all over anything that has to do with Big Game! Glad you remembered about November. I like that term too... Showdown. My machine will be ready and so will I don't you worry.

1 week later
#128 9 years ago

Shout out to chuckwurt: "Back and better than ever"! ... no wait wrong game. Ah, let me see... "Back in the Big Game"! Machine is up and running and ready to take on all comers. What say chuckwurt, this weekend work for you?

#129 9 years ago

I'm down. Same rules as last time? Red, you in too?

#130 9 years ago

Cooool Daddy'o. (also from another game) Yes same rules. Ahh... what were the rules? 3-ball I assume.
Anything beyond that? Redketchup is online so I hope he see's this. Could always send PM. IT"S ON!

#132 9 years ago

3 ball, 5k bonus for completed bingo lines doesn't kick in till 3rd ball, EBs ON. Best score by Monday morning.

#133 9 years ago

Rodger Dodger! On with it. Lookin forward.

#134 9 years ago

I could only get 1.24 so far. Gonna try and improve before tomorrow morning.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I could only get 1.24 so far. Gonna try and improve before tomorrow morning.

Hey there, good morning to ya'! I was miserable this weekend. Had more problems with my machine too. Finally got ALL the kinks worked out, but not until Sunday morning. Anyway like I said when I finally got on it all I could muster were scores in the 800,000* range. *see definition of pathetic. The best score over the weekend was not even recorded by me. It was by our fellow pinsider/my pinball tech pinballplusmn. He got 1,278,600. This one goes to you chuckwurt, congrats!

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Hey there, good morning to ya'! I was miserable this weekend. Had more problems with my machine too. Finally got ALL the kinks worked out, but not until Sunday morning. Anyway like I said when I finally got on it all I could muster were scores in the 800,000* range. *see definition of pathetic. The best score over the weekend was not even recorded by me. It was by our fellow pinsider/my pinball tech pinballplusmn. He got 1,278,600. This one goes to you chuckwurt, congrats!

haha. I was having that kind of weekend too, but got lucky and scored that 1.2 million on my first attempt yesterday when I played for a half hour or so. I think playing for 8 hours Saturday in league and hanging out afterwards drained me haha.

#137 9 years ago

Wow! You got alot of pt in over the weekend. I can see why you might have run dry. Keep up on playing her though and you'll pop a "Big Game" on your Big Game!

#138 9 years ago

Bad week end for me too... best probably around 1100 000... nothing spectacular... didn't have much time to play also!

Congradulation to chuckwurt!

#139 9 years ago

Nice to know you were in there with us Red. Nice to know also that if you have bad day and I have a good day then maybe I can actually compete with you. Red took the first one, now chuckwurt. Could my time be next? Give it a go boys in December?

Post edited by rollitover: double word

#140 9 years ago

Ok for december

#141 9 years ago

Great! I am sure chuckwurt will be in too. He's all about Big Game. We'll keep in touch and choose a weekend then. Maybe one that I have my son as I am sure he'd like to get in, as long as that's ok by you guys.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Great! I am sure chuckwurt will be in too. He's all about Big Game. We'll keep in touch and choose a weekend then. Maybe one that I have my son as I am sure he'd like to get in, as long as that's ok by you guys.

That sounds great to me. The closer we are to the holidays, my brother will be in town and he would probably get in on the action too, haha.

#143 9 years ago

Yeah, yeah chuckwurt get him in. You let Red and I know what weekend. All set then. Looking forward!

#144 9 years ago

Sounds good!

1 week later
#145 9 years ago

Hey guys,

Not sure if we touched on this aspect when comparing our game setups. Do you have only one bingo card lit at a time, or two? I didn't realize it was an option until I was reading over stuff last night. I am just not sure what factory settings are. Mine is currently set so that only one bingo card can be lit at a time.

#146 9 years ago

Mine is set up with two card can be lit at the same time...

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Mine is set up with two card can be lit at the same time...

Cool. I will change mine then. Thanks!

#148 9 years ago

I am not 100% sure without checking but I'm pretty sure mine goes x,y,z, then x & y together. Good question, I'll be on it tonight so I will confirm.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys,
Not sure if we touched on this aspect when comparing our game setups. Do you have only one bingo card lit at a time, or two? I didn't realize it was an option until I was reading over stuff last night. I am just not sure what factory settings are. Mine is currently set so that only one bingo card can be lit at a time.

Yeah, checked the manual and mine is set on the second option.

#150 9 years ago

New PR fellas!! 1.7

image-353.jpgimage-353.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.