IMG_1096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1093 (resized).jpeg
51CwcKhRSvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 49.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Nice to see you found one of those $800 Big Game's that always pop up!

it did not help my case that someone sold a non working BG for $2000 a couple months ago.

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Nice to see you found one of those $800 Big Game's that always pop up!

That's actually quite funny because that is exactly what I paid for my Big Game...
...back in 2013!

#1153 3 years ago

500 here in 2014 and it was in great shape and needed nothing. Seems like decades ago. Haha

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

500 here in 2014 and it was in great shape and needed nothing. Seems like decades ago. Haha

I got robbed cw, cause yours is WAY nicer than mine.
And I got dibs should you ever decide to sell.

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

I got robbed cw, cause yours is WAY nicer than mine.
And I got dibs should you ever decide to sell.

Get in line brotha! Haha.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

That's actually quite funny because that is exactly what I paid for my Big Game...
...back in 2013!

see, I told yall it was a $800 game

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

see, I told yall it was a $800 game

$500 game. Rollitover was clearly fleeced. Haha

#1158 3 years ago

$300 game for me

#1159 3 years ago

well you guys are welcome since I for sure drove the price up on this one.

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

You only disappoint those who do not already own one.

#1161 3 years ago

I paid $500.00 for mine in 2015. But restored the play field that was in good condition.

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

And the guy who offered $1300.00 is still blowing bubbles for missing the market.

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You only disappoint those who do not already own one.

True, because you guys do not seem to want to let them go. I see why now, fantastic game play. I got mine all dialed in last night. I need cap kit on my sound board but everything else is good to go. I have another playfield I will probably send off to keith soon.

#1164 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

you guys do not seem to want to let them go. I see why now, fantastic game play.

Wait until you get all 27 bingo card lights lit. It is beautiful if you are playing in dimly lit room.

Mine's nailed down.

#1165 3 years ago

If I can find a cheap flight 2000 I might can put together another BG. Tractordoc just sold a project flight yesterday.

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Wait until you get all 27 bingo card lights lit.

You mean all 54 lights?

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You mean all 54 lights?

I have not made 54 yet. I was 3 away during one game.

If you lit them all twice you sure have been keeping it a close secret

I had my best first ball the other day. 900,000 points on ball one. But the game finished at less than a million

I did get another super spin on that inner spinner. It was rolling very fast but then I hammered it again and wound up with 125 spins. I know. I know. I need to get the cams set up.

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have not made 54 yet. I was 3 away during one game.
If you lit them all twice you sure have been keeping it a close secret
I had my best first ball the other day. 900,000 points on ball one. But the game finished at less than a million
I did get another super spin on that inner spinner. It was rolling very fast but then I hammered it again and wound up with 125 spins. I know. I know. I need to get the cams set up.

I bet you’re hitting it twice before the counter resets. No way you got 125 in one spin. What’s the most you’ve gotten from one spin?

#1169 3 years ago

If I were a rich man...
I would recondition a Big Game top to bottom.
I often wonder what a "brand new" Big Game
would look like, and how it would play.
Ahhh... I'm certainly the dreamer.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

If I were a rich man...
I would recondition a Big Game top to bottom.
I often wonder what a "brand new" Big Game
would look like, and how it would play.
Ahhh... I'm certainly the dreamer.

I’ve always feared it would play worse. If I could just find a new playfield or someone willing to touch mine up and clear it professionally, I have a friend that could do the rest. Maybe one day...

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet you’re hitting it twice before the counter resets. No way you got 125 in one spin. What’s the most you’ve gotten from one spin?

Yes. It was still spinning when I hit it a 2nd time and added to the spin momentum. The most for one spin was 105. The most for the outside spinner is something like 55- 60.

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. It was still spinning when I hit it a 2nd time and added to the spin momentum. The most for one spin was 105. The most for the outside spinner is something like 55- 60.

Okay that makes more sense. Still not sure how you’re getting 105 from one rip but 55-60 on the outside is right in line with mine.

Would love to see that inner spinner rip. I can’t get more than 70 or so with my finger! Haha

What pitch you at? I got my back legs jacked up all the way.

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay that makes more sense. Still not sure how you’re getting 105 from one rip but 55-60 on the outside is right in line with mine.
Would love to see that inner spinner rip. I can’t get more than 70 or so with my finger! Haha

I had my legs jacked up all the way when I got mine home I was getting my azz kicked. I had to drop it down some.

#1174 3 years ago

Looking to install the new BG roms, where are folks buying preburned chips from nowadays?

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I had my legs jacked up all the way when I got mine home I was getting my azz kicked. I had to drop it down some.

Crazy how fast it is for a wide body.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Looking to install the new BG roms, where are folks buying preburned chips from nowadays?

please let me know as well or whoever does it have them burn 2 sets and I will take one

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have 31" legs in the back and "lowered" the slope just a very little bit by raising the front legs. I put my gauge on the glass and the slope measures 7.1%.

Those super spins are coming from the lower left flipper.

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Not being all that great of a player, I go for easy. You might want to set up with 5 ball play for awhile which gives you more of a change to light the bingo cards.

Eventually, I got good enough that I switch to 3-ball play.

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Those super spins are coming from the lower left flipper.

An on the fly backhand? I could maybe see that. Seems like yours are similar performance to mine. Similar pitch too.

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

please let me know as well or whoever does it have them burn 2 sets and I will take one

If you guys can't find a place, let me know and I could help

#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

An on the fly backhand? I could maybe see that. Seems like yours are similar performance to mine. Similar pitch too.

Yes. On the fly. It is not a targeted shot. More like shoot hard and hope for the best

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes. On the fly. It is not a targeted shot. More like shoot are and hope for the best

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I was about to tear apart my game trying to get spins like yours. Sounds like mine rips very similar to yours. I can sleep easy now. Haha

#1183 3 years ago

1300 in december of 2017, it needed a lot of work but i like working on it as much as playing it . it's my wifes favorite machine she plays that one and she loves tigers and the color green so Big game serves as the ambassador to more possible games in the future ......maybe

#1184 3 years ago

hey guys, when does the knocker get triggered on BG?

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

hey guys, when does the knocker get triggered on BG?

Replay.

#1186 3 years ago

that is what I thought but mine is not working. I have a original board. replay set to high? or something?

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

that is what I thought but mine is not working. I have a original board. replay set to high? or something?

Possible or set to EB or score. If you look at the manual on IPDB you should see how to check the replay levels and make sure it’s set to replay awards instead of EB or score.

Easiest to run the coil test first though and make sure it works.

#1188 3 years ago

Pop quiz:

What color are the 3 bingo cards?

IMG_4155 (resized).JPGIMG_4155 (resized).JPG

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Possible or set to EB or score. If you look at the manual on IPDB you should see how to check the replay levels and make sure it’s set to replay awards instead of EB or score.
Easiest to run the coil test first though and make sure it works.

coil tested good. are the replay levels and EB set on the board dip switches or through the coin door?

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

coil tested good. are the replay levels and EB set on the board dip switches or through the coin door?

Replay levels door, whether awards or EB is awarded via dip switches. Again, manual tells you so double check.

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

might want to get nvram or battery pack bc I didnt have those in. so even if u setup replay levels it wont save it. i know if u have no batteries in the settings become super weird with replay lvs. the knocker works It was disconnected bc I was working on the game late a night and didnt want it waking the neighborhood up lol

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

might want to get nvram or battery pack bc I didnt have those in. so even if u setup replay levels it wont save it. i know if u have no batteries in the settings become super weird with replay lvs. the knocker works It was disconnected bc I was working on the game late a night and didnt want it waking the neighborhood up lol

knocker for sure works, soldered wire on and run test. crazy part is after I run coil test the sound started working??? crazy.

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I can make them, PM me with a pic of your MPU board that shows the EPROMS.

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

I can make them, PM me with a pic of your MPU board that shows the EPROMS.

I'm putting in a good word for RoyG. He is the one who made my Big Game ROMs.

#1195 3 years ago

any chance someone has a spare used lower left plastic, near the flipper? My only broken plastic in the game, not sure i want to spend $150 on a whole new set...

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

any chance someone has a spare used lower left plastic, near the flipper? My only broken plastic in the game, not sure i want to spend $150 on a whole new set...
[quoted image]

I might, mine came with another set. I will look when I get home later.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

any idea what the metal brackets were for on the flyer? never noticed until recently
[quoted image]

A buddy just picked one up with these brackets. It actually has full lane guides attached to them. Not the piano wire you see on all the games. Hopefully we can get more details soon. He’s gonna send me pics.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A buddy just picked one up with these brackets. It actually has full lane guides attached to them. Not the piano wire you see on all the games. Hopefully we can get more details soon. He’s gonna send me pics.

maybe Kerry can make some?

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just checked my extra populated playfield I got and it has these bracket/lane guides. I am going to polish them up and transfer them over to my machine.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I just checked my extra populated playfield I got and it has these bracket/lane guides. I am going to polish them up and transfer them over to my machine.

Sweet. Would love to hear if the transition to the upper flipper is nice and smooth. Maybe we can get them remade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started/page/24?hl=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.