IMG_1096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1093 (resized).jpeg
51CwcKhRSvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 49.
#1051 4 years ago

Any news update on the code rewrite for this game ?

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. They’ve said they are not going to do it because not enough people will buy them.
Mirco has no interest either. I tried sending a donor playfield to both.

I don't believe I've ever seen them mention a minimum sales count. I would suggest trying a commitment list, like they do for the Wade Krause gottlieb playfields, but cpr dropped their preorder process which showed interest level.

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

I don't believe I've ever seen them mention a minimum sales count. I would suggest trying a commitment list, like they do for the Wade Krause gottlieb playfields, but cpr dropped their preorder process which showed interest level.

I’ve asked them lots and lots of times to the point they probably don’t like me very much. Even with their new process they are not interested in doing the work to get the art setup. I think they said they would need to sell at least 100 to make the work put into the artwork files worth it.

#1054 4 years ago

It was finished a while ago. Contact Scott Charles here on pinside. slochar

#1055 4 years ago

Interesting they would produce a
Catacomb with its limited numbers
and yet not even consider a Big Game?
Puzzling to me.

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Puzzling to me.

I think it also has something to do with their personal level of interest in doing it and someone willing to take on the work. Voltan is a great example of that. Would not surprise me to see them do a small run of that title at some point, but I don’t believe they would sell more than 20-30 at the most. (Wild guess....) That said I think Stu has an interest in it. Back in the early days of repro backglasses Herb Silvers had the “Dirty Dozen” group who fronted his repros. I believe the way that worked was that each member got to propose a title and they took turns. There were at least a few that were low production but based on individual members needs I believe.

#1058 4 years ago

Yeah for sure. At the end of the day, they have to want to do the repro.

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve asked them lots and lots of times to the point they probably don’t like me very much. Even with their new process they are not interested in doing the work to get the art setup. I think they said they would need to sell at least 100 to make the work put into the artwork files worth it.

If it were offered, I would purchase. This is my first time mentioning it. I just got a Viking from CPR with the new process and it looks great.

#1060 4 years ago

I sent CPR an email, and they said check back in 6 months. If enough of us send requests, they may do a small run.

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I sent CPR an email, and they said check back in 6 months. If enough of us send requests, they may do a small run.

I'm still waiting for the rerun of the corrected Catacomb play fields with the correct colored inserts.

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Puzzling to me.

That is a good point. The Catacomb play field is just as intricate as the Big Game play field.

I thought my Nine Ball play field was good enough to use a donor but Stu said "no". So any BG play field sent in will need to be in very good condition.

I restored my play field but there are some minor issues. I would consider buying a repro if CPR were to make them.

#1063 4 years ago

I’d be in for two playfields. So everyone bug them and maybe they will change their tune. We can do this!

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So everyone big them

Huh?

#1065 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I offered my Dragonfist play field. Stu said it was of the quality that he would be interested. But then he said he talked it over with Kevin and they decided not enough would sell to make it worth their while.

#1066 4 years ago

I have to say this: It is nice to see Big Game getting some attention. It is a great player.

#1067 4 years ago

IF...
I had the money to completely restore
one of my games it would definitely be
Big Game. A brand-spankin'-new playfield would be really nice in order to do it right.

My first machine and I still love it.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. They’ve said they are not going to do it because not enough people will buy them.
Mirco has no interest either. I tried sending a donor playfield to both.

...but CPR did Catacomb. I'm sure they sold thousands of those.

#1070 4 years ago

They probably like catacomb more. Not sure why. Haha

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

...but CPR did Catacomb. I'm sure they sold thousands of those.

Speaking of Catacomb, I sent an email to CPR asking how the reprints with the correct color inserts is progressing. They are printed and ready to clear coat, but the clear coat guy is not coming in due to the virus.
---------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I about fell over when I saw they were making Catacomb. This is a low production pin. Well, I am guessing low production since the production numbers were never published.

#1072 4 years ago

The only thing I can think of is that
Catacomb has easily out paced Big Game
as far as price and demand.
Thus, people that own one may be more inclined
to invest in it knowing they will significantly increase their machines value.

#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Wait you just got a PF printed???

CPR did a short run of Viking and Night Rider using the new process I’m sure. They are sold out now but are suppose to be adding more from what the website says.

#1075 4 years ago

CPR finally selling paragon playfeild, it took 3+ years to get it to market . to bad i don't have a paragon I have a Big Game, maybe Mirco will offer it

3 weeks later
#1076 3 years ago

How do you guys replace a bad socket in this setup? This is a new design in my experience.

Thanks

6431823F-1562-44A0-95AC-5EF99D31EB7B (resized).jpeg6431823F-1562-44A0-95AC-5EF99D31EB7B (resized).jpeg8610000E-43B0-485F-9966-FAF678DC5A93 (resized).jpeg8610000E-43B0-485F-9966-FAF678DC5A93 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1079 3 years ago

I found flaw in my BG Resto back glass. It is minor, especially since I have had this glass for over a year. I'm stuck with what I have, but to anyone who is considering a BG Resto back glass for their Big Game, this is item #2 you need to hold BG Resto's feet to the fire on.

1) Item #1 was where I was sent a back glass that is 3/16" of and inch thick instead of the factory 1/8" thick back glass. Trust me, you really do not want a thicker back glass.

and

2) You will need get assurances that your back glass will say " Shoot Again" instead of " Shoo Again".

IMG_3542 (resized).JPGIMG_3542 (resized).JPG

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I found flaw in my BG Resto back glass. It is minor, especially since I have had this glass for over a year. I'm stuck with what I have, but to anyone who is considering a BG Resto back glass for their Big Game, this is item #2 you need to hold BG Resto's feet to the fire on.
1) Item #1 was where I was sent a back glass that is 3/16" of and inch thick instead of the factory 1/8" thick back glass. Trust me, you really do not want a thicker back glass.
and
2) You will need get assurances that your back glass will say " Shoot Again" instead of " Shoo Again".
[quoted image]

I feel like you should not have been given such a thick glass when it is not the correct glass size. it was nice of you to have accepted it but this reminds me of the paranoia we all have had of the only guy who does this one at a time back glass reproduction and this method probably lends itself to the issue of a wide variant of mistakes.it seems like its a throw the money down and cross your fingers proposition every time . my wife thought "shoo again" was funny, it does kinda sound chinese broken engrish
question: have you inspected the other side of the glass? it is heavy i know and thats why i asked maybe you haven't done it check that the baffle that is stapled in may have fallen a little

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

I feel like you should not have been given such a thick glass when it is not the correct glass size. it was nice of you to have accepted it but this reminds me of the paranoia we all have had of the only guy who does this one at a time back glass reproduction and this method probably lends itself to the issue of a wide variant of mistakes.it seems like its a throw the money down and cross your fingers proposition every time . my wife thought "shoo again" was funny, it does kinda sound chinese broken engrish
question: have you inspected the other side of the glass? it is heavy i know and thats why i asked maybe you haven't done it check that the baffle that is stapled in may have fallen a little

Thanks for speaking up. It was the baffle. After I painted my lamp board, I reinstalled the baffle same position Stern had it installed in. So, from the factory, it said Shoo Again. I never caught it until yesterday.
=====================================================

I did not have a lot of choice but to accept it. I had bought 3 back glasses from him in one swoop. 2 of them ( not Big Game ) were defective and I had to send them back for replacements. Then I discovered this 3/16" inch shit and he swore up and down that that was factory for BG. I did an impromptu survey on this thread and no one had a 3/16" back glass. I bitched that my lift rail would not fit so he did send me a lift rail that did fit. He said he would send me the top rail that locks the glass in the back box, but he never did. I hate being treated like I am on a used car lot.

But as you say, he is the only game in town.

I have bought several items since being in this hobby and I just close my eyes and travel on. If some of this stuff had been bought at a local retailer I would have returned it.

#1082 3 years ago

Just joined the club! Such a great game!

20200509_214309 (resized).jpg20200509_214309 (resized).jpg
#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Just joined the club! Such a great game!
[quoted image]

Congrats. Fun ain't it !

It is hard to say from your pic but your play field looks like it is in nice condition.

If you decide to get a new back glass I would make you a sweet deal on my BG Resto replacement unit so I could go buy another one made of the correct thickness of glass.

1 week later
#1084 3 years ago

RoyGBev read that I did not have the setup to make ROMs offerer to make me a set of ROMS using Scott Charles modification that allows the ball in play display to count up and display the number of spins both spinners make.

I ripped the inner spinner for 91 revolutions and a couple of balls later I got a rip of 93 revolutions.

It is a nice mod.

Thanks Scott Charles for writing it. And thanks to RoyGBev for burning me a set.

While I was waxing the play field I also took a look at my flipper coils to verify what I saw when I brought this pin home.

The blueprint calls for the inner (lower ) coils to be J-25-475/34-4500. It also calls for the upper (outer) coils to be J-25-500-34-5050.

All 4 of my flippers have the stronger J-475 coils installed. It was this way when I bought it. The flippers on this pin have always hit hard. Now I know why. If you juiced your outer coils Don't think you would be disappointed at all.

#1085 3 years ago

what's the value of Big Game these days.

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I ripped the inner spinner for 91 revolutions and a couple of balls later I got a rip of 93 revolutions.

Holy shit! I’ve only gotten around 60 and that’s been just a couple of time. That’s crazy good rippage there.

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

what's the value of Big Game these days.

Nice ones are 2k plus.

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Holy shit! I’ve only gotten around 60 and that’s been just a couple of time. That’s crazy good rippage there.

91 is really good, and from your stream a while back, you were getting in the 40-50 range. I was getting about 40 so I cleaned and lubed mine and I almost get that. Slam tilt just streamed it the other day and he needs to fix his spinners because most of the time he was getting between 5-12.

I turned over my Meteor counter in testing. It was 2 rips but >100 spins.... sweet.
I had a double rip on Dragonfist too that ended up being 112 spins.... probably due to the proximity of the spinner to the very strong flippers.
I've gotten 60-80 regularly on flight 2000, but that's both spinners adding vs. the priority system in big game, which there's not enough timers on flight to implement.

#1089 3 years ago

I don’t have the cleanest spinners in the world, but man mine seem to spin for days and don’t stop abruptly or anything. 90 plus spins seems impossible. Haha

But maybe it’s due to those more powerful coils and would explain why when I’ve played some other big games the flippers would shake the whole game. Haha

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It surprised me, too.

Dragonfist my highest is 77 and I thought that was good.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t have the cleanest spinners in the world, but man mine seem to spin for days and don’t stop abruptly or anything. 90 plus spins seems impossible. Haha
But maybe it’s due to those more powerful coils and would explain why when I’ve played some other big games the flippers would shake the whole game. Haha

I put a drop of teflon lube on the spinner axles every once in a while. And I had just waxed my play field so the balls are moving fairly fast. And Big Game, as you know, is a speed demon.

I also work really hard to try to get the axles tweaked so the spinner is somewhat balanced.

#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I put a drop of teflon lube on the spinner axles every once in a while. And I had just waxed my play field so the balls are moving fairly fast. And Big Game, as you know, is a speed demon.
I also work really hard to try to get the axles tweaked so the spinner is somewhat balanced.

Same here. I’ve tuned my spinners for years and was convinced 50-60 spins is the most possible. Crazy that nearly double that is possible.

1 month later
#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same here. I’ve tuned my spinners for years and was convinced 50-60 spins is the most possible. Crazy that nearly double that is possible.

I just finished rolling the inner spinner for 102 spins. I feel like a 5 year old kid when this happens.

The most I have ever got on Dragonfist is 77 spins. I don't know why this particular spinner is so loose. I think I managed to get something like 62 or 63 on the outer spinner.

#1094 3 years ago

Please record a video. I don’t believe it. Haha

Do you have the original spinners in it?

#1095 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please record a video. I don’t believe it. Haha
Do you have the original spinners in it?

I have a couple of the Stern White with red lighting bolts installed. Don't want to mess up my Original BG spinners.

I have had a couple of other fast spins happen the the ball drained. The outhouse switch instantly kills the spinner score.

I do want get my 2 small cameras set up and take some video. Just have not got there yet.

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have had a couple of other fast spins happen the the ball drained. The outhouse switch instantly kills the spinner score.

Is that with the latest mod version 7d? I'd added code to specifically check the spinner timers, like later games (stock) do.

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Is that with the latest mod version 7d? I'd added code to specifically check the spinner timers, like later games (stock) do.

Yes. I have 7D.

#1098 3 years ago

Grab some video if you can I'll have to see it in action. Did the spinner count stay on the display when the ball drained?

#1099 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Grab some video if you can I'll have to see it in action. Did the spinner count stay on the display when the ball drained?

As soon as the ball drains the spin counter goes away. I have had 2 or 3 times when the spinners were spinning robustly after the ball drained. When that happens, the ball in play display goes to zero and then resets to the ball in play number. I'm not sure, but I think the ball in play number does not came back until the spinning stops--even though the spin counter has stopped.

I'll try to get my cameras set up next week.

#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

As soon as the ball drains the spin counter goes away. I have had 2 or 3 times when the spinners were spinning robustly after the ball drained. When that happens, the ball in play display goes to zero and then resets to the ball in play number. I'm not sure, but I think the ball in play number does not came back until the spinning stops--even though the spin counter has stopped.

ok, it was 'one level removed' from where I thought it was. Can you burn roms yourself? I can't test the fix right now because all the stuff that's involved with the f2k testing is blocking access to the biggame - if you can burn, PM your email and I'll send you a beta to try out.

Basically, the outhole routine was turning off the active game flag, which the spinners test to see if they should even score. So I reversed the order of that happening, don't let the active game flag get cleared until the scoring events are finished.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started/page/22?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.