Topic Stats

• 1,043 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by rollitover
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 338 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A3AEE8E5-3FD0-480B-B1B5-26C4A363F6B6 (resized).jpeg
6DE4D383-1FA9-4A04-A758-AD154DC90706 (resized).jpeg
FE2A6D1B-502C-401C-B11B-9D9DD0A4F9AE (resized).jpeg
FB783173-DC24-4ADE-A680-C79E94CE8F4E (resized).jpeg
235A2A1B-C318-4F10-BDFD-5C51EF872125 (resized).jpeg
ECCBE003-3A39-438F-BA9A-58D8CE71ACCB (resized).jpeg
2F71DE95-A291-4718-A4D0-734A538E0221 (resized).jpeg
29FB1234-C4E9-4EA0-9FB8-C17A5B2EF1C4 (resized).jpeg
33D5E754-4207-4186-93DB-1B3AB500F472 (resized).jpeg
181BF306-6C73-4726-A1F0-B4906BED6B03 (resized).jpeg
0C2B8539-9495-4630-823A-CA04871D103C (resized).jpeg
816D6DFA-413C-4E19-8BF9-3E4BCB31C09A (resized).jpeg
0A4C2BF2-C8C0-49E4-AC56-056040D0B16D (resized).jpeg
247AEEDF-2F15-4350-A1F6-04508FD56B7F (resized).jpeg
06DC6B35-F2E5-4C92-9155-DE4C6868AD99 (resized).jpeg
980E7154-206A-4188-9CF0-351A4303C4DB (resized).jpeg

There are 1043 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 21.
#951 66 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I wonder if a padded envelope would be better/cheaper?

Possibly. But the cost between USPS envelope and a USPS box is around a dollar difference. I don't think postage would be very much less, but don't know for sure. The same box I use (with less than one ounce weight ) to ship to Canada for the $10.00 only costs $3.50 to ship anywhere US.

For my Catacomb ball gate wires, I feel safer with the structural rigidity of the small box. But that could be misplaced faith, though.

#952 66 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Okay, I have them made. The first set is being sent to cottonm4 for test fitting.
If he gives the thumbs up, I’ll start shipping to everyone else.
Price will be $18 for a pair, plus shipping.[quoted image]

Now how good do they look
Awesome job ,let me know when your ready to ship these out

#953 65 days ago

I am in for a pair too US shipping. Let me know how to pay when ready.

On another note my greyhounds (big game) is setup on route. If your traveling through central Wisconsin come check it out. It’s going to be a challenge to keep an older game up but fun for those who play.

06BD6675-D8EA-4ED7-96BB-4E2E196A28C1 (resized).jpegE3BF0C7B-A47F-47E0-BF4D-98A795392D88 (resized).jpeg
#954 64 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Okay, I have them made. The first set is being sent to cottonm4 for test fitting.
If he gives the thumbs up, I’ll start shipping to everyone else.
Price will be $18 for a pair, plus shipping.[quoted image]

The ball stops arrived this afternoon. I have them installed. Installation was straight forward. I was going to play some games to check them out. but I can't.

Can somebody tell how in the gdFH a pin with no problems can sit for 3 weeks like a statue and as soon as I turn it on and hit the start button my two left flippers lock up and point up. It is something electronic because as soon as I turn the pin off the flippers return to rest.

Can things break from just sitting?

Here are the guides. I think that they are going to work real good.

IMG_2943 (resized).jpg IMG_2945 (resized).jpg

#955 63 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The ball stops arrived this afternoon. I have them installed. Installation was straight forward. I was going to play some games to check them out. but I can't.
Can somebody tell how in the gdFH a pin with no problems can sit for 3 weeks like a statue and as soon as I turn it on and hit the start button my two left flippers lock up and point up. It is something electronic because as soon as I turn the pin off the flippers return to rest.
Here are the guides. I think that they are going to work real good.
[quoted image] [quoted image]

Thanks for confirming fit. Sorry about the trouble you're having with the game.

I'll reach out to everyone that showed interest, and will start shipping the brackets next week.

#956 63 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

See if there's anything on the cabinet flipper buttons shorting them out. Sometimes a sneak short gets in there from metal dust.

#957 63 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Thanks for confirming fit. Sorry about the trouble you're having with the game.
I'll reach out to everyone that showed interest, and will start shipping the brackets next week.

Okay, the first batch is all spoken for (10 sets). I'll make more if needed, but would like to get 3-4 people before buying more material, so that I can keep the price the same.

#958 63 days ago

Thanks for the awesome work on the ball stops. I have one broken one.

773091F4-66F4-4A45-ABBA-ABBBFC9DDF20 (resized).jpeg
#959 63 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Okay, the first batch is all spoken for (10 sets). I'll make more if needed, but would like to get 3-4 people before buying more material, so that I can keep the price the same.

I'm in for 2 sets please!

Will PM.

#960 63 days ago

Alright, I guess I'll be making another batch of these. I'm glad there's interest! Give me a week or two to get caught up shipping the current ones out, and then make new ones. I'll post when the next batch is ready.

#961 63 days ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Thanks for the awesome work on the ball stops. I have one broken one.[quoted image]

I love this scene here , now it feels like they can't be separated did you buy them both with the green display's?

#962 63 days ago
Quoted from Dragon:

I love this scene here , now it feels like they can't be separated did you buy them both with the green display's?

I put the green displays in.

#963 63 days ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I put the green displays in.

Where did you get them?

#964 63 days ago

WolffDP on pinside

#966 63 days ago

these are white pinitech uno display kit with i think doubled up dark red gels added
b07fbaddafd037878e55fd7385e912e272f10b81 (resized).jpg

#967 63 days ago
#968 63 days ago

chuckwurt are your displays x pin? green if i remember right?

#969 63 days ago
Quoted from Dragon:

chuckwurt are your displays x pin? green if i remember right?

Yep! Those red ones you got look sick!

#970 63 days ago

I like the red. May need to try those in my Viking

#971 63 days ago

the greens are great , I also like the original orange .but i really enjoy seeing the little different things on all these machines and when you place a cheetah next to it it's amazing , i wish there were more cheetahs out there to match up next to big games

#972 63 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Xpin has them too.

I looked at Xpin and the only colors I saw to choose from are orange and white.

#973 63 days ago

Hopefully I can find a cheetah to put next to my Big Game too. That game is awesome. Just took me too long to realize it.

#974 63 days ago
Quoted from Dragon:

these are white pinitech uno display kit with i think doubled up dark red gels added
[quoted image]

How do you attach the gels , please?

#975 63 days ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I like the red. May need to try those in my Viking

yes that would look cool on a bally viking

bg display (resized).png
#976 63 days ago
Quoted from Dragon:

the greens are great , I also like the original orange .but i really enjoy seeing the little different things on all these machines and when you place a cheetah next to it it's amazing , i wish there were more cheetahs out there to match up next to big games

I have blue in my Harlem and EK.

#977 63 days ago

also i doubled up the dark red to make the display segments more invisible and give it a floating red on black , i played around with mock up's too

biggamelights (resized).jpgbiggameredgold (resized).jpg
#978 63 days ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I have blue in my Harlem and EK.

red white and blue for globetrotters and blue is the contrast color to the orange basketballs on the game

#979 63 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How do you attach the gels , please?

sorry my answering post was made on #975 in little yellow words

#980 63 days ago

Here is the blue in EK and Harlem.

1F7D3225-18FB-4E40-B747-247D3E537CEE (resized).jpeg7A3AB6CB-E1F0-4926-A4FE-44C02C15C078 (resized).jpegA26D486B-244F-4387-AE93-62F7C6E9A3F1 (resized).jpeg
#981 63 days ago

both of these look super in that blue , maybe the power play in red ... or blue . oooh that skateball is very familiar , didn't it win a award in chicago a couple of years ago for best 1980's refurb ?

#982 63 days ago
Quoted from Dragon:

both of these look super in that blue , maybe the power play in red ... or blue . oooh that skateball is very familiar , didn't it win a award in chicago a couple of years ago for best 1980's refurb ?

Yes it won best restore 2018

E179DA2B-AEF3-425B-A6B9-E0A9D477C419 (resized).png
#983 63 days ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Here is the blue in EK and Harlem.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

you could make posters out of that game room and sell them , a really neat collection of 1978 - 1981's , skateball is painted up like a collectors conversion van , i saw this for sale on pinside for a while too. great grab thanks for sharing

#984 62 days ago
Quoted from Dragon:

also i doubled up the dark red to make the display segments more invisible and give it a floating red on black , i played around with mock up's too[quoted image][quoted image]

The green and orange display combo looks great!
Would match my flipper rubber.

#985 62 days ago
Quoted from rollitover:

The green and orange display combo looks great!
Would match my flipper rubber.

the white displays will give you flexibility in buying separate color gels and to mix or match or change them and there is a brightness adjustment on all of the displays so I doubled up the red and adjusted the brightness up

if your going to buy new displays save your time and money and do a mock up on a back glass
cut and paste in the windows paint program, i got the different color displays images from the pinitech web site and then I cut and paste and you can do any machine because bgresto has most of the back glass images
or you could cut and paste the mock ups i threw out on post 997 to get a feel for what you really want before you go through all the steps of buying assembly and installing on your big game . i mean unless you already know what you want

#986 62 days ago

the new stern rock band themed pin's i really liked the choose your song feature for each player if you had a lot of people and distractions around it helps to remember whose turn it is , the green and orange mock up was entertaining this idea of remembering whose up without making every display a different color
are you orange or green displays instead of the numbers one or two which is not illuminated on Big Game

#987 59 days ago

First sets of ball stops going out today. I've sent tracking numbers to everyone.

I'll be making the next batch this weekend, and they should be ready to sent out next week.

I found a very reasonable shipping method to Canada, using Pirate Ship. It was only $1 more than the USA shipping. The catch is that it has to be under 4lbs, and less than 24 inches. Still, a great deal.

IMG_0201 (resized).jpg

The ball stops are made from stainless, and I've left the factory finish on the metal. This means that if you want it highly polished, you can do so. Or you can leave it as it is.

#989 59 days ago

thank you djblouw I really appreciate your services , we should post pictures of before and afters

#990 57 days ago

they polish up nice

_MG_2712 (resized).JPG_MG_2715 (resized).JPG_MG_2717 (resized).JPG_MG_2718 (resized).JPG
#991 57 days ago
Quoted from Dragon:

they polish up nice[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks for posting.

#992 55 days ago

While waiting for my Cabinet to be finished ,I thought I would Restore my Coin Door

Before
Coin door Original (2) (resized).jpg

After
Coin door Restored (resized).jpg

#993 55 days ago
Quoted from Dicky:

While waiting for my Cabinet to be finished ,I thought I would Restore my Coin Door
Before
[quoted image]
After
[quoted image]

Very nice!

#994 55 days ago
Quoted from Dicky:

Before
[quoted image]
After
[quoted image]

Beauty!

#995 55 days ago

Was a bit unsure if to put the stern sticker on the door or not
As I’ve seen some with & some without
I’m sure it would have had one from new ?

#996 54 days ago

really nice looking door Dicky , i have seen a lot with no sticker and it leads me to believe they just went out of the factory that way they might have ran out ,but there is clearly a place to put the label and the few original old doors i have seen that had a sticker used that same sticker you used . you did a lot of work so did you replate the chrome

#997 54 days ago
Quoted from Dragon:

really nice looking door Dicky , i have seen a lot with no sticker and it leads me to believe they just went out of the factory that way they might have ran out ,but there is clearly a place to put the label and the few original old doors i have seen that had a sticker used that same sticker you used . you did a lot of work so did you replate the chrome

Thanks Guys
Chrome Was replate & door Powder Coated , I think the door is a little light in color ,

Anyone know what the correct Color should be or have a code ?

#998 53 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I'll be making the next batch this weekend, and they should be ready to sent out next week.

I have the next batch done, and have filled all the orders. If anyone else needs a set of the ball stops for Big Game, let me know.

Also, if there is anything else similar that is needed on other machines, reach out to me, and we'll see if I can make it.

1 week later
#999 45 days ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I have the next batch done, and have filled all the orders. If anyone else needs a set of the ball stops for Big Game, let me know.
Also, if there is anything else similar that is needed on other machines, reach out to me, and we'll see if I can make it.

Thank you for making this happen , as mine where totally missing

1 week later
#1000 36 days ago

The Rebirth of the Big Cabinet is moving along very well

hope to have to flipping in the next month or so

Big Game Cab (resized).jpgBig Game Cab1 (resized).jpgBig Game Cab2 (resized).jpgBig Game Cab3 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wood Dale, IL
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 7.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 1043 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside