Topic Stats

• 880 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Dragon
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 257 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180616_200509 (resized).jpg
20180617_104549 (resized).jpg
20180617_104705 (resized).jpg
20180617_104638 (resized).jpg
20180617_104628 (resized).jpg
20180608_154638 (resized).jpg
20180608_154325 (resized).jpg
20180608_154312 (resized).jpg
20180608_154316 (resized).jpg
20180608_154301 (resized).jpg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpg
IMG_2653 (resized).jpg
IMG_2666 (resized).jpg
IMG_2672 (resized).jpg
IMG_2675 (resized).jpg
IMG_2655 (resized).jpg

There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like I only have the credit display and three players displays. I'll do 60 shipped for all these.

There goes cw being righteous again.
That's a good deal buddy boy.
You're a good Pinsider c-dub. You are what Pinside is all about.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

There goes cw being righteous again.
That's a good deal buddy boy.
You're a good Pinsider c-dub. You are what Pinside is all about.

Thanks buddy. Try to be genuine which I never understood why some people are so different in their behavior online than in real life. Why not be yourself?

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks buddy. Try to be genuine which I never understood why some people are so different in their behavior online than in real life. Why not be yourself?

Maybe they are

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Maybe they are

Good point. Just hear stories about guys that get bad reps on here but are totally good people in real life. Idk.

2 weeks later
#505 2 years ago

Got my board installed! Very happy with the result, light are brighter and more stable!

IMG_4202 (resized).JPG

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Got my board installed! Very happy with the result, light are brighter and more stable!

Yay!! So glad there is a fix to this nagging problem!

1 week later
#507 2 years ago

Red, cw, cotton...
Anybody?
I was just curious if anyone knows what the MAX bonus is for BG?
I know that after you have filled the cards once, light the reserve, the game allows you to fill them again.
But does it end with a second time around or can you keep going again (and again)?
I'm asking because I have never filled them twice myself.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Red, cw, cotton...
Anybody?
I was just curious if anyone knows what the MAX bonus is for BG?
I know that after you have filled the cards once, light the reserve, the game allows you to fill them again.
But does it end with a second time around or can you keep going again (and again)?
I'm asking because I have never filled them twice myself.

I think I was doing glass off testing once and it stops after the second fill. Just like completing the big game lane twice.

#509 2 years ago

Makes sense.
Thanks buddy boy!

#510 2 years ago

Hey fellow Big Gamers-- I made a post in a different thread asking for help with my bridge rectifier. If any of ya'll can help, here's the link. Thanks! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-new-bridge-rectifier#post-3634043

2 weeks later
#511 2 years ago

I'm in the club!

Picked this baby up recently. It needs a good shop shop and I'll have to shake out a few small things, but it seems like it boots and is all there. Cosmetics are pretty decent too.

Looking forward to learning this one!

20170319_005548 (resized).jpg

#512 2 years ago

good score Drano!

Playfeild look pretty good and no fade in th Backglass red!

Big game is a pretty fast widebody when she is set correctly!

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'm in the club!
Picked this baby up recently. It needs a good shop shop and I'll have to shake out a few small things, but it seems like it boots and is all there. Cosmetics are pretty decent too.

Congrats!
Unblemished playfield and intact teardrop plastic are hard to come by.
Looks like you found a nice one!
Get her up and running and we'll have to include you in our next long distance tourney.
Fast and furious game. Have had mine over three years now and still love it.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'm in the club!

Yes. this one looks like a nice one. It is a fun game to play. Now, look at the right eye of the tiger on the right hand side of the coin door. See how it is messed up and does not look right? Mine BG cab was like this so I corrected it when I repainted the cab. It seems like most BG pics I have seen have the tiger with this messed up eye.

You should consider removing those protector things from under the legs and get the kind that are completely hidden underneath the legs. What you have installed just moves the problem of cab damage to the outside of those large "protectors."

#515 2 years ago

Shop job and cleanup/rebuild of most major mechs was completed this weekend.
Seems to play great! I've also corrected the display issues since taking these pics.

20170325_024211 (resized).jpg

20170325_022930 (resized).jpg

20170326_000538 (resized).jpg

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Seems to play great! I've also corrected the display issues since taking these pics.

Nice one for sure! Looks fantastic!

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Nice work. You have no idea how lucky you are to have that playfield.

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice work. You have no idea how lucky you are to have that playfield.

Is that playfield original or restored at some point? Damn thing still has dimples. Crazy.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is that playfield original or restored at some point? Damn thing still has dimples. Crazy.

Not only just a super looking play field but the drop targets look brand new and nice white. And AFAIK, you cannot buy the #6, #7,#8, and #9 anywhere.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not only just a super looking play field but the drop targets look brand new and nice white. And AFAIK, you cannot buy the #6, #7,#8, and #9 anywhere.

Nope. That's why I was lucky enough to find some pretty white originals, touch them up with a paint pen, then put Mylar over them. They look pretty awesome. Not sure they look this good, but they are nice.

#521 2 years ago

Thanks guys.
The playfield is original. I just gave it a good clean and wax. I used some melamine foam (magic eraser) and some bleche wite followed up by a little CP100 to finish it all off. I gently touched up some areas around the inserts using my MOLOTOW paint pens and then waxed the hell out of it.

The drops were cleaned up ad touched up with the same pens. Here's a couple of pics.

20170323_111713 (resized).jpg

20170323_022546 (resized).jpg

#522 2 years ago

Nice job as usual Drano!

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thanks guys.
The playfield is original. I just gave it a good clean and wax. I used some melamine foam (magic eraser) and some bleche wite followed up by a little CP100 to finish it all off. I gently touched up some areas around the inserts using my MOLOTOW paint pens and then waxed the hell out of it.
The drops were cleaned up ad touched up with the same pens. Here's a couple of pics.

Nice I did the drops the exact same way and they came out awesome. I was very happy.

You might have the best original playfield in existence. I'm not kidding.

#524 2 years ago

Big game got some love at the 2017 Texas Pinball Tournament. Some dramatic game play in game 3 of the finals. Big Game action starts at 5:54. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131209220

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Big game got some love at the 2017 Texas Pinball Tournament. Some dramatic game play in game 3 of the finals. Big Game action starts at 5:54. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131209220

Awesome! Thanks for using this game. I think it's fantastic for tournaments.

1 month later
#526 2 years ago

Nine Ball lamp boards are prototyped. A few months ago when the 555 lamp boards were being made to light up the Big Game bingo cards some of you were asking for something similar for your Nine Ball pin.

I had a prototype set sent to me a few days ago and after some fitting and trimming I got them soldered up an running today. They work nice. Actually, they work real nice.

Since this is a prototype, the board down at the flippers had to be trimmed a bit to fit due to clearance issues with the slingshot brackets; Because of clearance issues with 555 sockets at the 4 ball position and the 5 ball position, the final product will most likely have two permanent white LEDs installed which will allow for this board to fit properly out of the box.

IMG_3869 (resized).JPG

The two boards that live next to the drop target assembly fit nicely and have no interference with the drop target parts. The first two prototype boards that were sent did have interference problems but the second set of prototype boards had this problem corrected.

They were easy to solder up and I had to change a couple of ground wires. But since I was making ground wire changes I went a little farther and added a brass grounding bus.

If you know how to solder they are a piece of cake to install. The two boards next to the drop assembly install to the 4 locating holes the factory boards used. The board between the slingshots has to be located (by you). This is easy to do, but you want to take your time and do a clean job.

IMG_3881 (resized).JPG

I'm going to take this to the Nine Ball board to get an idea of how many will be interested in these for their Nine Ball.

#527 2 years ago

I would be in for a set.

3 months later
#528 2 years ago

Hey guys. Just joining the club as I picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago. it works 100%. back glass was in good shape aside from the red paint being faded from the sun. Had some playfield wear that I touched up. Gave it new rubbers ans some.GI LEDs. I'm afraid to clear coat it as I have never done it before. Any suggestions? mylar? frequent waxing/cleaning?

some before and after pics. Still a little rough but with some additional time can look better.

20170731_090033 (resized).jpg

20170729_181506 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20170729-181442 (resized).png

#529 2 years ago

Welcome to the club.
Love this game. Makes good use of the wide body. Has what I love in a machine:
shots, pops and drops.
Light up that green reserve bonus and get ready for one of the best bonus count downs in pinball...IMO.
Enjoy

#530 2 years ago

Welcome!! I say put Mylar down over the wear spots then clean and wax regularly.

Hey guys I was streaming big game tonight and noticed something. If you light reserve bonus and you're on ball 3 (should get 5k bonus for all bingo lines) but you don't complete any bingo lines on your new set of cards, you won't get any 5k bingo line bonuses for your 3 complete cards. Bummer. Go to the 42 minute mark of the steam link below to see.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164270109

#531 2 years ago

Wow... who knew
I don't think I have ever encountered that
Thanks for the info cw

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Welcome!! I say put Mylar down over the wear spots then clean and wax regularly.
Hey guys I was streaming big game tonight and noticed something. If you light reserve bonus and you're on ball 3 (should get 5k bonus for all bingo lines) but you don't complete any bingo lines on your new set of cards, you won't get any 5k bingo line bonuses for your 3 complete cards. Bummer. Go to the 42 minute mark of the steam link below to see.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164270109

Nice video.

What flippers do you have on top? They look shorter.

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Nice video.
What flippers do you have on top? They look shorter.

They have white rubber on them. Plays tricks on the eyes.

#534 2 years ago

Hey, I've been wondering what THE max bonus would be? I figured it out once and wrote it down only to be misplaced.
cw you might be the guy to inform us all.
Just what is THE max bonus?

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Hey, I've been wondering what THE max bonus would be? I figured it out once and wrote it down only to be misplaced.
cw you might be the guy to inform us all.
Just what is THE max bonus?

Without the 5k per line it would be 27k for three cards, 54k for 6 cards. At 3x that's 162k. The big points are from the 5k per line. Each card has 8 bingo lines. 40k per card times 6 cards. 240k from that total. So total max bonus would be 402k I think.

I don't have my calculator so don't hold me to that. Haha

#536 2 years ago

Awesome!
Thanks for working that out.
That does sound right.
Almost a half million bonus on one ball..
Crazy!
Still love this game, too much fun!

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Awesome!
Thanks for working that out.
That does sound right.
Almost a half million bonus on one ball..
Crazy!
Still love this game, too much fun!

Me too. Glad I streamed it the other night. I haven't had a healthy big game sesh in forever.

3 months later
#538 2 years ago

I recently joined the club and am loving the hunt. Unfortunately somewhere along the line my games spinners got swapped out for these plastic gottlieb ones leading to some very unsatisfying spinner rips. Does anyone have some spares sitting around for sale or a line on where I could get a pair?

20171105_165622 (resized).jpg

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

I recently joined the club and am loving the hunt. Unfortunately somewhere along the line my games spinners got swapped out for these plastic gottlieb ones leading to some very unsatisfying spinner rips. Does anyone have some spares sitting around for sale or a line on where I could get a pair?

Yikes!! Sorry to hear that. These spinners are very hard to find. I would try to find a couple generic White stern spinners with the S on them. They should work fine.

Good luck in the hunt and welcome!!

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Man that really blows! WORST spinners ever.

1 month later
#541 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me what dip switch controls the free play on the game? I think I have the updated roms in it and I want to turn it off to accept credits, thanks.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Can anyone tell me what dip switch controls the free play on the game? I think I have the updated roms in it and I want to turn it off to accept credits, thanks.

Not possible thatvim aware of. You may have custom Roms that allow it, but I’ve never heard of them. I just set mine to take 40 credits and also set the first high score level to 10k and set the award to credit/replay.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The readme from the Big Game freeplay ROMs simply state:

"stern mpu200 freeplay roms
no dip setting, always freeplay"

#544 1 year ago

Thanks guys, quench where did you find that readme file? I looked on ipbd and Google search but came up empty.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

The readme from the Big Game freeplay ROMs simply state:
"stern mpu200 freeplay roms
no dip setting, always freeplay"

Oh cool. Didn’t know these were out there. Might have to snag some.

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Thanks guys, quench where did you find that readme file?

vpforums.org has classic Stern freeplay ROMs. Search in Downloads for Big Game.

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

vpforums.org has classic Stern freeplay ROMs. Search in Downloads for Big Game.

I found that ROM over at VPF. On December 28, 2014,Someone wrote that is is not working. I don't know if it works, or not. You should be able to download this one item without being a VPF member.

Good Luck.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5318

3 weeks later
#548 1 year ago

On the hunt...

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

On the hunt...

Machine - Wanted
Wanted: Big GameNew!Wanted! “Look for a very good condition Big Game within 100 miles of Wash DC.”
9 hours ago Gaithersburg, MD
Wanted
27dnast

good choice my friend. Hopefully you find one soon!

2 weeks later
#550 1 year ago

Any interest in replacement three by three lamp boards for the Big Game playfield bingo cards? The originals are flaky are corroded in mine and I got frustrated messing with them so I whipped this up today.

The replacement use the wedge type twist in PCB sockets. I know no wedge based bulbs used in this game originally, but that was the easiest / cheapest way I could think of to do a lamp board.... no assembly / soldering of lamp sockets. Would need to use nylon stand offs and longer wood screws to mount the new pcb to the PF, but thats easy/cheap. There is a hole for every lamp and common side to solder wires directly. Also a .100" connector could be used.

Could apply the lamp board idea to other games like Nine Ball, Meteor, and even WMS games uses something similar.

TOP SIDEBOTTOM SIDE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
There are 880 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside