IMG_1096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1093 (resized).jpeg
51CwcKhRSvL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 49.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm still waiting to get my play field back the the restorer.
NOS Stern Big Game Short Ball Guide
It is about 1/3 way down in PBR's "Special when lit" section. . Part number: A-655 STN-A655. Watch how those "dashes" are placed. But Steve will probably already know what you want.

Thanks!!

#452 7 years ago

Hi,
Looking for a picture of the connector J3 (big one) of the Power supply, to check the COLORS of each pin . Mine is broken ( 3 parts ) , and some pins were disconnected ..
I need to rebuild it totally

Of course i have the schematic, but i preffer to be secure..before power-up.

Sounds easy to shoot , through the door

Thanks
Lionel

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Hi,
Looking for a picture of the connector J3 (big one) of the Power supply, to check the COLORS of each pin . Mine is broken ( 3 parts ) , and some pins were disconnected ..
I need to rebuild it totally
Of course i have the schematic, but i preffer to be secure..before power-up.
Sounds easy to shoot , through the door
Thanks
Lionel

J-3
J-3 (resized).JPGJ-3 (resized).JPG

J-1

J-1 (resized).JPGJ-1 (resized).JPG

J-2

J-2  (resized).JPGJ-2 (resized).JPG

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

J-3 / J-1 /J-2

Thank you so much Cottonm4 !

1 month later
#455 7 years ago

I don't mean to derail this thread, but i just wanted to let everyone here know that the company that made the replacement 555-style lamp boards for the bingo cards (the ones Chuckwurt was posting about) is considering making a similar pair of replacement lamp boards for Nine Ball. These would replace both 12-lamp grids next to the 8-bank drop target assembly. I saw a few folks here that expressed interest in getting those made for Nine Ball. If anyone is in for a set of these, please pm me or come to the Nine Ball club and add yourself to the list. With enough interest, i think we may see this happen!

#456 7 years ago

Ok guys, I have just traded emails with the guy who is making the Big Game bingo card light boards. As of today, he has only sold three sets. He is not worried about it but some of you who said you would buy a set ought to step up and make an order and give him an incentive to work up something for Nine Ball.

#457 7 years ago

I already bought mine! I have it ship to one of my friend in Florida who is bring it back to me!

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ok guys, I have just traded emails with the guy who is making the Big Game bingo card light boards. As of today, he has only sold three sets. He is not worried about it but some of you who said you would buy a set ought to step up and make an order and give him an incentive to work up something for Nine Ball.

Yeah that's a shame. Thought we had at least ten sets sold. I might have to buy a backup set or two in case he pulls them.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is there a link to understand what these are. I just got a Big Game and trying to figure out what this is

Mike V

#461 7 years ago

My Big Game doesn't have any metal frame where the playfield glass ends at the head of the game. Is this correct?

Mike V

IMG_0938 (resized).JPGIMG_0938 (resized).JPG

#462 7 years ago

http://pinballreplacementparts.com/products/product-0016

Ron...

Quoted from RacingPin:

Is there a link to understand what these are. I just got a Big Game and trying to figure out what this is
Mike V

#463 7 years ago

My Stars has one, but my Nine Ball, Stargazer, and Big Game do not. So it's probably correct.

Ron...

Quoted from RacingPin:

My Big Game doesn't have any metal frame where the playfield glass ends at the head of the game. Is this correct?
Mike V

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Mike V

Yes. it is correct. I have a Dracula cab with no metal frame. I cannot speak for the four pins after Stars (Memory Lane, Lectronamo, Wild Fyre, and Nugent) but my guess it that Dracula and all that followed had no metal frame. Probably to cut costs.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that's a shame. Thought we had at least ten sets sold. I might have to buy a backup set or two in case he pulls them.

I have thought about getting a 2nd set. Lord knows that are cheap enough.

#466 7 years ago

still LOVING THIS GAME. we play 4 nights a week 4-5 hours a night. big game does not get skipped ever and i have a big collection. who knew!

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

still LOVING THIS GAME. we play 4 nights a week 4-5 hours a night. big game does not get skipped ever and i have a big collection. who knew!

My SDB burned up from a locked on coil. Still waiting on the repair to be finished. Bummer. Miss my BG bad.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My SDB burned up from a locked on coil. Still waiting on the repair to be finished. Bummer. Miss my BG bad.

how much is the repair? who does it? I need a gottlieb guy. these things are brutal.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

how much is the repair? who does it? I need a gottlieb guy. these things are brutal.

barakandl in cbus. Very reasonable. Not sure if he does gottliebs.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

barakandl in cbus. Very reasonable. Not sure if he does gottliebs.

i thought he was out of that business. I actually bought a sdb from him. great guy and knows his stuff for sure.

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i thought he was out of that business. I actually bought a sdb from him. great guy and knows his stuff for sure.

Hasn't turned me away. I think he has developed another option for replacement early stern MPus too.

1 week later
#472 7 years ago

Temporarily joining the club... Fixing this one up and will probably pass it along to a friend:
IMG_20170201_205914.jpgIMG_20170201_205914.jpg
IMG_20170201_205920.jpgIMG_20170201_205920.jpg

Have party this weekend and needed to get ge Z card working quick (X and Y are pretty reliable), so I busted out my soldering iron:
IMG_20170201_205837.jpgIMG_20170201_205837.jpg
IMG_20170201_205111.jpgIMG_20170201_205111.jpg

Had a lot of interesting problems, but it pretty much works now...

Two questions though:
1. If I cradle a ball on the lower flipper and then release the flipper to make a shot, the ball gets trapped in a little nook between the upper flipper, the end of the lower flipper and the metal guide, which sits lower than the lower flipper. Is that normal, or are my guides mounted wrong?

2. I tried to put the backglass in, but it's very hard to do because the lower 7 digit displays stick out past the slot for the glass. The holders are mounted on the inside of the insert like they should be, but the glass is still basically touching the displays?

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Temporarily joining the club... Fixing this one up and will probably pass it along to a friend:

Have party this weekend and needed to get ge Z card working quick (X and Y are pretty reliable), so I busted out my soldering iron:

Two questions though:
1. If I cradle a ball on the lower flipper and then release the flipper to make a shot, the ball gets trapped in a little nook between the upper flipper, the end of the lower flipper and the metal guide, which sits lower than the lower flipper. Is that normal, or are my guides mounted wrong?
2. I tried to put the backglass in, but it's very hard to do because the lower 7 digit displays stick out past the slot for the glass. The holders are mounted on the inside of the insert like they should be, but the glass is still basically touching the displays?

1. Shouldn't happen. That flat metal guide can be adjusted. Be careful the legs can snap from too much adjusting.

2. Make sure the displays are sitting all the way back in their housings. They shouldn't be close to the backglass.

Bonus: if your bonus card insert lights are still flakey after your fix that you did, see previous posts for a permanent fix using a 555 lamp board.

Btw, that playfield is so nice. I wouldn't pass it on. Haha.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shouldn't happen. That flat metal guide can be adjusted. Be careful the legs can snap from too much adjusting.

Adjusted how? All I see is a screw going into the playfield? One of the legs is snapped, but it's happening on both sides....

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure the displays are sitting all the way back in their housings. They shouldn't be close to the backglass.

They're all the way back

Quoted from chuckwurt:

if your bonus card insert lights are still flakey after your fix that you did,

I've seen those, but they're a bit expensive and I don't have time to wait for them to arrive. Lights on that card are nice and reliable now (although it turns out two of them have bad transistors, grr), and unlike the other two cards (which were reliable), they don't flicker when I flip anymore...

#476 7 years ago

Can you post hi res well lit pics of your flipper and display issues? For the displays I mainly want to see the back of them sitting in the housing so I can compare to mine.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can you post hi res well lit pics of your flipper and display issues? For the displays I mainly want to see the back of them sitting in the housing so I can compare to mine.

While taking pictures of the flipper problem I noticed that one of the walls was a replacement, and that both had three sets of holes... No idea why the original holes weren't good enough (or which ones those are) but i moved the guides to holes that seemed better and it seems to have fixed my problem. Plus being able to able half the time from the lower flippers allowed me to get a new high score on my test game!
IMG_20170202_153921.jpgIMG_20170202_153921.jpgIMG_20170202_154027.jpgIMG_20170202_154027.jpgIMG_20170202_161903.jpgIMG_20170202_161903.jpg

As for the display issue... they're definitely pressed against the back of the mounts, and they definitely are touching the backglass when I try to put it in:
IMG_20170202_152913.jpgIMG_20170202_152913.jpg
It seems to only really be noticeably happening on the lower displays, which also confuses me as I can't see any difference between those and the upper ones. Then again, I've had my black rose for more than a year now and I still can't figure out how to get the (atrocious) backglass into it so maybe I'm not the best person to be putting backglasses in

#478 7 years ago

Nice on the ball guides. One down.

I'm perplexed on the displays. They look fine so the only thing I can think of is the door with the displays is sitting too close to the front of the backbox. Maybe see if that looks messed at the hinge.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Temporarily joining the club... Fixing this one up and will probably pass it along to a friend

Say Hello to your new friend.

#480 7 years ago

No really though, that playfield is in very nice shape.
Must admit puts mine to shame. But truth be told I like that mine is a bit of a beater. Love to just flail away on it!

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

But truth be told I like that mine is a bit of a beater. Love to just flail away on it!

Heh, I was liking how much of a controlled shooting game it is!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe see if that looks messed at the hinge.

I can't see anything about the hinge without removing the whole panel first, but nothing looks weird. Even on the far (right) side, the display protrudes slightly past the wooden frame and I can tell the insert is pressed back against the latch plate, which can't move, so...

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Two questions though:

I always put a washer between the holders, that put the display a little farther inside and make and extra protection for the backglass, i did that for all my bally and classic stern!

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I can't see anything about the hinge without removing the whole panel first, but nothing looks weird. Even on the far (right) side, the display protrudes slightly past the wooden frame and I can tell the insert is pressed back against the latch plate, which can't move, so...

Just checked my game. My displays are sitting 7/16 of an inch out in front of the white light board. The track that the backglass sits in starts at 9/16 of an inch from the white light board door thing. Haha. So I have effectively 2/16 or 1/8 of an inch clearance from my display fronts to the backglass.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just checked my game. My displays are sitting 7/16 of an inch out in front of the white light board. The track that the backglass sits in starts at 9/16 of an inch from the white light board door thing. Haha. So I have effectively 2/16 or 1/8 of an inch clearance from my display fronts to the backglass.

7.... 16ths?! Mine are sitting almost 7/8ths of the way out from the insert, and the backglass channel is 3/4" away, giving me -1/8th" of clearance

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

and the backglass channel is 3/4" away, giving me -1/8th" of clearance

I thought you had zero clearance? As in the displays touch the backglass?

If you have an 1/8 of an inch clearance between the front of the display and the backglass I say that's normal.

IMG_5488 (resized).JPGIMG_5488 (resized).JPG

Just shy of 1/2". Isn't that 7/16?

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought you had zero clearance? As in the displays touch the backglass?
If you have an 1/8 of an inch clearance between the front of the display and the backglass I say that's normal.

Just shy of 1/2". Isn't that 7/16?

*negative 1/8th*

1486086599465303944965 (resized).jpg1486086599465303944965 (resized).jpg

#487 7 years ago

Haha. Okay man that's weird. I checked my old displays and they are the exact same as yours. Maybe the brackets are stock and aren't deep enough? No clue man. Sorry.

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Okay man that's weird. I checked my old displays and they are the exact same as yours. Maybe the brackets are stock and aren't deep enough? No clue man. Sorry.

I thought they're the same brackets as normal, just mounted inside? but yeah I'm really confused. How deep are your brackets and how deep are your displays?

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought they're the same brackets as normal, just mounted inside? but yeah I'm really confused. How deep are your brackets and how deep are your displays?

2 1/4" deep on the brackets.

IMG_5489 (resized).JPGIMG_5489 (resized).JPG

3 3/4" on the stock displays. I just measured the pcb that the display is attached to.

Also the display board door is 5/8" from the backglass track.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

2 1/4" deep on the brackets.

Well I guess there's my problem!

How the hell does that happen

1486151568849184491234 (resized).jpg1486151568849184491234 (resized).jpg

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Well I guess there's my problem!
How the hell does that happen

Looks the same to me. Measure all the way to the back to the bracket. The part by the connector.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks the same to me. Measure all the way to the back to the bracket. The part by the connector.

It looks like 2 1/8 to me

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It looks like 2 1/8 to me

Okay. Man that's so weird that it's that snug for you. I can tell ya that the xpin displays leave plenty of space at a cool 320 bucks! Haha

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay. Man that's so weird that it's that snug for you. I can tell ya that the xpin displays leave plenty of space at a cool 320 bucks! Haha

I'll die before I put LED displays in a game. Been stocking up on plasmas for years...

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'll die before I put LED displays in a game. Been stocking up on plasmas for years...

I'll sell ya my stock ones. Dirt cheap. 60 shipped for the whole set. Haha

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll sell ya my stock ones. Dirt cheap. 60 shipped for the whole set. Haha

I will buy it if you are serious!

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I will buy it if you are serious!

Here's the catch. I have no idea if any of them work. They started to go and that's why I replaced them all. And it ain't cheap to ship to you mister. Haha

#498 7 years ago

I will take the risk... i can give 15$ more to cover the shipping cost... for all 5 display. Let me know, i can paypal you!

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I will take the risk... i can give 15$ more to cover the shipping cost... for all 5 display. Let me know, i can paypal you!

Looks like I only have the credit display and three players displays. I'll do 60 shipped for all these.

IMG_5496 (resized).JPGIMG_5496 (resized).JPG

#500 7 years ago

I just pm you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 3.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.