IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1080 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1081 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6893 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1528 New code!! Posted by slochar (2 years ago)

Post #1547 Updated Roms change log Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 49.
#1 10 years ago

My Big Game is next in line for refurbishment, wanted to start a club to see how many of you have this unique and not often seen game.

#2 10 years ago

One issue I hope other owners can help out with is the wiring for the flippers. Mine is a hacked mess, so if someone could please take a photo their flipper wiring, it would be greatly appreciated.

#3 9 years ago

I have one that I'm fixing up right now. Bought it off of some guy's back porch in decent condition with a really nice backglass. Main issue was the bottom of the cabinet was water damaged, but everything else was fine. We fixed the cabinet and re-stenciled it. Now the playfield is touched up and ready to clear coat. I love Big Game and can't wait to get it done.

--Luke

#4 9 years ago

Would love to see pics of your work. Also if isn't too much trouble a shot of your flipper wiring would really help me sort out the mess I have.

#5 9 years ago

Here's a pic of playfield underside from the coin door. This is before I did any work. It's the best picture I have of the flippers right now. I can try to take a better one later if this doesn't work.

IMG_0646a.jpgIMG_0646a.jpg
#6 9 years ago

Here's some before:

IMG_0632.JPGIMG_0632.JPG IMG_0643.JPGIMG_0643.JPG IMG_0644.JPGIMG_0644.JPG
#7 9 years ago

Here's a few after painting the cabinet and repairing the bottom:

IMG_2268.JPGIMG_2268.JPG IMG_2271.JPGIMG_2271.JPG IMG_2266.JPGIMG_2266.JPG
#8 9 years ago

That looks amazing! Where did you find such a great match to the green?

Yes if you could get a little closer of each flipper so that I can decipher wire colors that would be really helpful. Thank you!

#9 9 years ago

Thanks! I can also tell you what green I used if you want. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I think it's a slightly brighter green than the original, but I like how it turned out.

I'll take a better pic of the flippers for you when I have a chance.

--Luke

#10 9 years ago

Thanks Luke, yea I would like to know what green that is. I am going to restencil my game once it is up and running. Thanks in advance for the pictures

#11 9 years ago

That cabinet looks great! What did you do to fix the water damage?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Thanks Luke, yea I would like to know what green that is. I am going to restencil my game once it is up and running. Thanks in advance for the pictures

I'll check and see what paint and color it was and let you know! I got the stencils from Twisted Pins.

--Luke

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

That cabinet looks great! What did you do to fix the water damage?

Thanks! Most of the water damage was on the bottom pieces. We basically took the bottom pieces out and replaced them using a fresh sheet of hardwood plywood. The paint on the side pieces was flaking, but the wood was healthy. So I just sanded the sides down (with a respirator...don't want to breath in that junk).

--Luke

#14 9 years ago

This mine... Have the playfeild restore couple years ago... Very fast for a wide body!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-508.jpgimage-508.jpg image-263.jpgimage-263.jpg image-660.jpgimage-660.jpg
#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

One issue I hope other owners can help out with is the wiring for the flippers. Mine is a hacked mess, so if someone could please take a photo their flipper wiring, it would be greatly appreciated.

i can help, let me know a day or 2!

#16 9 years ago

Your game looks great RedKetchup!

#17 9 years ago

Voila!

image-827.jpgimage-827.jpg image-916.jpgimage-916.jpg image-335.jpgimage-335.jpg image-877.jpgimage-877.jpg image-186.jpgimage-186.jpg
#18 9 years ago

I like mine. It's my only game that I set on 5 ball since that's the only way I feel like I can come close to filling out all of the cards. I haven't done it yet, though. The best I've done is a few shy.

My coil in the kickout hole seems weak, and often takes a few tries to get the ball through the gate. I replaced it with a lower resistance coil, but didn't really improve anything. Anyone else have this issue?

#19 9 years ago

Red...your game looks great. My Big Game sits to the right of my Flight 2000, too. At first I thought you were posting pictures of my game room.

Thanks for the flipper pictures...I keep forgetting to take them of mine. Also, there's no guarantee that mine are even right since I haven't had the game all put together yet.

--Luke

#20 9 years ago

Hope to get some pictures up of mine this weekend, then show progress of the restoration. Thanks for the pictures!

#21 9 years ago

I looked up the green paint that I used. It's Behr Premium Plus Interior Satin Enamel in the color "Chlorophyll". Seemed kind of appropriate to me.

#22 9 years ago

Yes that is the perfect name for that color! Thanks!

#23 9 years ago

Has anyone seen reproduction spinner decals for sale?

--Luke

#24 9 years ago

I haven't. I could scan mine and make some up though.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I haven't. I could scan mine and make some up though.

That would be awesome if you have the chance!

--Luke

#26 9 years ago

One thing that any body should do is make a protector for the plastic for the upper left target bank that has that small "teardrop" projection at the bottom. This piece is broken off on most games that I see.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

One thing that any body should do is make a protector for the plastic for the upper left target bank that has that small "teardrop" projection at the bottom. This piece is broken off on most games that I see.

Do you mean the plastic over the "1-2-3" drop targets? If so, I wonder if a metal or plastic washer would work.

--Luke

5 months later
#28 9 years ago

I am proud to report I am a new member to the club. Here is a forum I made with all my pictures of the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-my-first-wishlist-pin

One question, I noticed last night, when I set the High Score to Date in the diagnostics to something super low, when I beat that score, it still kept the score I manually set up in the settings as what the game flashes up as the high score to date. Is there something I am doing wrong?

#29 9 years ago

Big fan of Big Game. Not only my first pin, it is also the one game I am NEVER allowed to sell or trade according to my son. Once I got this machine set just right, she plays great: accurate shots and plenty of speed. Seems almost too fast (?) at times but once again I am forbidden to tone it down. My boy likes the speed as it sharpens his reflexes. Says its good for me too(50yrs +)! IMO: The playfield design is Harry Williams best effort for Stern. This game makes the most out of its widebody format as there is simply no wasted space. I defy anyone to name a game that makes so much out of a widebody. The artwork is interesting as well. Big Game has the three things that I look for in classic games: drops, pops and shots. Big Game delivers!

#30 9 years ago

I have had mine for awhile, and probably wouldn't part with it. The game plays so smoothly. No issues with it so far. Could use some numbered drop targets, as the #s worn off.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I have had mine for awhile, and probably wouldn't part with it. The game plays so smoothly. No issues with it so far. Could use some numbered drop targets, as the #s worn off.

I would say since these are so basic, a touch up job would look just fine.

#32 9 years ago

I was adjusting one of my EOS switchs for the lower right flipper and I screwed something up. Now when I engage the flipper, it doesn't stay up if I hold it, it just goes right back down. Anyone know what I messed up here?

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Voila!

image-827.jpg 182 KB

image-916.jpg 185 KB

image-335.jpg 177 KB

image-877.jpg 187 KB

image-186.jpg 166 KB

Sorry to ask for more flipper pics, but could you take details pictures of each lower flipper assembly for me? I think this will help me diagnosing my problem. I need to see the wiring, what types of coils are used, and close ups of the EOS switches. Thanks!

#34 9 years ago

Also if someone could take detailed pictured of the kick-out hole in the top left, that would be great. Mine is super weak and barely can knock it out far enough to feed the top rollovers. My mech is clean as a whistle, so I am thinking I might have a wrong type of coil?

#35 9 years ago

Looking for a Big Game spinner. Anybody got an extra floatin' around? Hard to come by.

#36 9 years ago

What's everyone's high scores? I have mine on 3 ball, and everything else is pretty standard. Extra balls are awarded because I feel like they are tough enough to get. Anyway, I just had my best game at just under 800k. I was only a couple numbers away from completing all three bingo cards.

#37 9 years ago

I have to sell mine to pay for the Kingpin I'm buying on Ebay.

denver.craigslist.org link

#38 9 years ago

Shame. Thanks for the LED ideas you gave me. I'll put them to good use.

#39 9 years ago

High scores you say? 1,859,150. Best I've ever done. Lit that badboy up! In fact, I had everything lit! Love this game.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

High scores you say? 1,859,150. Best I've ever done. Lit that badboy up! In fact, I had everything lit! Love this game.

Impressive especially if you're playing 3 ball. I have some work to do. Haha.

#41 9 years ago

Set for three yes, indeed. Though I would have to check I am almost positive I had at least one extra ball in that game, perhaps even two. Keep trying chuckwurt, a million is within your reach. Once you can semi-consistently hit a million, that monster game is looming. Watching for an update from you.

#42 9 years ago

2,700 000 for me 3 balls, factory setting... Couples extra ball!

#43 9 years ago

Oh yeah, got some competition going here now. I like it!

#44 9 years ago

2,700,000? UNBELIEVABLE! My 1,859,150 shattered. Two million was always my goal on this machine but now I see that I have to set my sights higher. Time to get back to it, as in this weekend. Here's to good competition. And here's to Redketchup!

#45 9 years ago

Haha. This is what makes pinball amazing.

#46 9 years ago

Good! I will try to make your life harder this week end! Competition is on!

result monday morning with pics to prove the score!

#47 9 years ago

Sounds good. It's on now! You've got a challenger Red. Pics would have to wait a bit though as I am without a device. I should be able to post some however during the week. Besides, I may need the added time to take down that score. How 'bout you chuckwurt? Let's see what you've got as well!

#48 9 years ago

I'm in. I plan to rage on my Big Game all weekend and post the highest score I can. Let's do this!

#49 9 years ago

Good, good. This has the makings of a l o n g distance tournament. Should be interesting.

#50 9 years ago

Cool!

time to reset the old High scores!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 10.00
There are 2,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-club-the-safari-has-started and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.