(Topic ID: 199574)

Big Game + Alltek MPU = no switch diagnostics?

By Fytr

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

My recently acquired Big Game is having a problem where the top right drop target mech. will often continously reset itself when a game is started. In trying to diagnose the problem I wanted to use the switch test diagnostic. Unfortunately, I am unable to do so.

When I press the self-test button on the coin door, it goes to the burn-in diag. first, second press I get all-lamps, 3rd press I get display tests, and further presses do nothing, it just stays on the display tests.

Bit of a strange one, the diagnostic switch seems to work perfectly, just nothing past press 3. The game is using an Alltek MPU board.

Any suggestions?

#2 6 years ago

Nevermind. I went in and set the settings dip switches on the Alltek MPU board and now the diagnostics work. Must have been some invalid combination of settings set before from the previous game it was in.

#3 6 years ago

The test button is the same one all bally/stern games so it shouldnt matter what game you have picked. If it comes back check J3 P1 connection from the board back to the test button. The ground return for the test button also goes back to the driver board (left side, lower most .156" plug) so gotta check there too. You can ground J3 P1 to confirm the MPU board responding right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-game-alltek-mpu-no-switch-diagnostics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.