Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drive pawl assembly (resized).jpg
IMG_1300 (resized).JPG
burn reel (resized).jpg
Big Deal Burn (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Someone put a nail in place of a fuse and burnt up the 1st player 10pt score reel.

1. Who sells the plates that hold the coil? I need a new coil and plate (with the screws that hold it on).

2. For the burnt wires... what kind of wire can I buy to replace? I figure I can just create extensions from where the good wire is, right? Then solder back on.

Big Deal Burn (resized).jpgBig Deal Burn (resized).jpgburn reel (resized).jpgburn reel (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Those switch spacers look damaged also. You might want to find another score reel assembly that you can use for parts. Or post at the EM Seeking Parts thread. Most likely someone will have the parts you're looking for...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/144

#3 3 years ago

I've got a string of used Williams 3" score-reel units from a 70's 4-player machine that I bought off eBay for parts to repair another Williams machine. I could ship you the bracket (with coil stop) and screws that hold the coil. Could also send a used coil if it's the same one I have (B1-26 800).

What color(s) are the wires you need to replace? I "might" be able to find enough length of the same color wires on these units. Not sure.

Lee

IMG_1300 (resized).JPGIMG_1300 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4 3 years ago

Cool Thx. Does anyone make new parts for these? When you see them on Marcos... are they selling old parts?

drive pawl assembly (resized).jpgdrive pawl assembly (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

Yeah, the wires on the switch part are burned badly. What wire do people use to create extensions, as needed? Some of yours look long enough.

If I am going to piece this together I guess I need the coil, coil stop, screws and drive pawl and plunger assembly. Otherwise, I guess I need to find a fully intact drum unit to try and swap in.

#6 3 years ago

Not sure what others might do about wire extensions.

If you can't find new parts and decide to go with used, I can send you a used B1-26 800 coil, along with the bracket/coil stop, screws, and plunger w/drive pawl. Just LMK if you want to go that route.

Lee

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Lighting - Led
Professor Pinball
Led
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-deal-fire?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.