(Topic ID: 129991)

Big Daddy Enterprises: Down but not out, and up soon!

By toddsvec

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mwiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WetBoxes.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yellowdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Sorry to hear about the flood. But it sounds like you have things under control.

Had something similar happen years ago when we lived in the suburbs of Chicago. We lived in a tri-story and I went down to the lowest level in my bare feet one day after some torrential rains. Stepped into about 2 inches of water. Out of frustration I went to check the sump pump, which was quiet. Figuring it had burned out, I kicked it in frustration only to hear it purr into life. Apparently the float ball had gotten jammed just below the switch.

The lessons I learned from that were:
    (a) don't ever put anything important less than 12" off the floor.
    (b) once you get the water out, get fans, blowers and the like to get it as dry as possible as fast as possible. If you get mold growing it will be a nightmare forever.
    (c) kick the sump pump once in a while.

I live in Texas now where we don't ever have to worry about floods

ken

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yellowdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-daddy-enterprises-down-but-not-out-and-up-soon?tu=Yellowdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.