Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tranquilize
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1_(6)_(resized).jpg
1_(7)_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hi, I just picked up a BBHP, and I'm wondering a few things about it:

1. Is Elk multiball supposed to be a two ball or three ball multiball? The reason I ask this is that I swear that the game used to kick out three, but now it only kicks out two. I found three youtube videos, and all three machines only kicked out two. Big Buck multiball is the usual three, so maybe I just imagined that Elk was three? Pinball news http://www.pinballnews.com/games/bigbuckhunter/index7.html states: "Elk multiball is a 3 ball mode, so the original ball is kicked out of the shooter lane and joined by two more. As with big buck multiball, shooting the three standups which form Pappy's Porch will probably add another ball to the mix as a mystery award."

If Elk multiball is supposed to be three, what would cause it to produce just two while all other multiballs are fine?

2. When the left orbit is shot, the ball comes around and usually ends up hitting the right slingshot after the loop instead of the right flipper, making multilooping impossible. A slap or shove does not help. Would adjusting the elk flipper to guide the ball so that it misses the slingshot be a fix? Is there another possible fix?

3. The critter one-way, wire spinner valve often lets the ball through the wrong way. Is this a common issue? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks!

P.S. I thought I'd own this game for a short time, just for some senseless pinball, but, man, has it ever grown on me. What a challenging and fun game!

#2 3 years ago

1.ELK multiball is 2 ball only
2.Adjust the metal ball guide above ELK swing out OR see if the ELK,s horns are getting caught on ramp above it and not swinging right back.
3.The ball gate from pops is meant to be one way only, Should be able to buy a new one ( consult your manual )

Put a flipper fidelity kit in it and it is AWESOME, congrats on this super fun pin and see if you can get OPEN SEASON. I still havent got it.

1_(7)_(resized).jpg

1_(6)_(resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I will definitely check the Elk and the ramp. I think your suggestion for adjusting the metal ball guide is spot on I'll also check into repairing/replacing that gate.

I've only lit super jackpot twice (haven't nailed it yet), and I've lit everything in the progress grid except the bonus round and bird. Bird is almost impossible to light it seems; I can usually only start two of the four multiballs because the shot is so thin and I can't get the shot nailed. What an insanely difficult game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside