Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by RalphT3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Playfield (resized).jpg
LeftShrink (resized).jpg
KeysShrink (resized).jpg
RightShrink (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

I have a Big Buck Pinball and for some reason, the buck that moves across the playfield will not "stop on a dime" anymore. She will coast to a stop and will move past its limit switches and jam against the wood locking her into a position which will catch the balls. All switches are clean and registering, even the rotary ones on the motor.
What is making her to not stop properly?
Thanks erverybody!

#2 9 months ago

If the switches are all good, the only thing I can think of is something is out of adjustment so the mech isn't actually hitting the switches....

#3 9 months ago

The switches register in the switch test mode. It doesn't stop on the shell, it will just coast another couple inches and just jam itself past the left most and right most switches and torques itself into the wood and get stuck there. I also have installed a new driver board (unrelated problem) so that isn't it.

#4 9 months ago

What about the optos and encoder disc that determines the bucks location. I remember having a similar issue, and can't remember if I just replaced the disc or opto.

#5 9 months ago

Link to the encoder disc:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0308-00

Opto should be a fairly common part to find.

#6 9 months ago

Yes, the opto/encoder disc registers in the switch test menu.

#7 9 months ago

When you test the switch, do any other switches register that shouldn’t?

#8 9 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

When you test the switch, do any other switches register that shouldn’t?

No.

#9 9 months ago

And nothing showing in tech alerts?

#10 9 months ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

And nothing showing in tech alerts?

Nope, none at all. I have the buck almost all the way to the right with her motor DISCONNECTED and no alerts (on both boards!).

#11 9 months ago

Would there be any chance the little ceramic disc or the "light" connected to the 2 motor wires be bad???

1 week later
#12 8 months ago

+FIXED+
It was one of the 2 large relay boxes underneath the playfield. It seemed like the contacts might be a little corroded (can't really tell, they are sealed) and not letting the normally closed connections let the 20V(?) through making the buck stop completely.

#13 8 months ago

Seems the last couple I have seen on location had this problem. Was this a location game as well?

#14 8 months ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

Seems the last couple I have seen on location had this problem. Was this a location game as well?

Yes, It is/was on location at the FEC I work at. Just sold it as it was the last pinball machine in our company. Right now it is in my dock awaiting pickup from the delivery company heading I think to New York. I have put in soo much work into it since I got it in '12 from when our Davenport location closed up. Kind of glad to see it go.

#15 8 months ago

I actually just bought one in st louis. Wounder if it's the same one. It was at the st louis incredible pizza company

#16 8 months ago

Yes it is!!!

KeysShrink (resized).jpgLeftShrink (resized).jpgRightShrink (resized).jpg
#17 8 months ago

Thanks for the extra protection
Much appreciated

#18 8 months ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

Thanks for the extra protection
Much appreciated

It is how I would want to receive it. Many extra parts included packed up in bubble wrap on playfield for you!

Playfield (resized).jpg
#19 8 months ago

Awesome thank you
Do you know when they are coming to get it

#20 8 months ago

Picked up just before 3:00 CST Thursday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside