You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230324_122412 (resized).jpg
20230324_122405 (resized).jpg
20230324_113050 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hey y'all, so still going through a Big Brave that I picked up. The issue I'm having is with the varitarget resetting. What happens is that it can score alright but then either takes a while to reset or just spins the score motor around continuously.

I've gone over the AX and BX relays but the problem persists.

Reading the schematic I think the issue might be that AX looks like it is being held on which would mean switch 4B on the score motor is stuck closed since the only other switch that could hold it, the vari target zero switch, is visually wide open.

Anyone wanna comment if they think I'm on the right track? I don't have as much experience with EM repair and want to be sure before messing with the score motor.
20230324_113050 (resized).jpg20230324_113050 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Does the vari target reset cleanly? It needs to move smoothly like any other stepper. Sometimes the wipers drag and don't reach the reset position right away, or at all. The rest of the game sees that it hasn't reset and keeps trying.

/Mark

#3 1 year ago

Along with checking the 4B switch, check the 4C switch normally closed switch with a WH-BR wire connected for a positive closed connection.
Clean and adjust switches if needed.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Does the vari target reset cleanly? It needs to move smoothly like any other stepper. Sometimes the wipers drag and don't reach the reset position right away, or at all. The rest of the game sees that it hasn't reset and keeps trying.
/Mark

It does snap back, at least when the playfield isn't vertical. The problem happens even before it reaches the first set of wiper contacts so I don't think that's the issue.

Alright, turns out it was 4B wasn't opening properly, I got it adjusted and it resets like it should now. Thanks!

20230324_122405 (resized).jpg20230324_122405 (resized).jpg20230324_122412 (resized).jpg20230324_122412 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-brave-vari-target-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.