Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2673.jpg
IMG_2672.jpg
IMG_2700.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I picked up a nice big brave from a friend of mine that needed the space, but Im having a little trouble with a particular issue. Every Time a 500 point switch is made on the playfield 500 points are scored and then the the reset bank is reset, but if I coin up a second player the switch scores 500 points just fine.

I also noticed something while in the backbox. When I was checking to see if the score reels carried over correctly I saw that the little mini stepper(AS relay?) steps up when player one scored, but not when player two scores.

The player unit in the head seems to be working fine and the switches look like they are gapped properly. The only thing I haven't really looked at is the score motor. I wasn't sure if that would have anything to do with a problem between players. Ive been watching a lot of Clay's videos and reading the pinrepair site, so Im slowly learning all this stuff. If anyone has any ideas I would love some help.

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Evening bump. I'll be fiddling with it some more tonight so maybe I can figure some stuff out

#4 9 years ago

Not yet, but my friend is going to drop it off in the next couple of days

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Did you really pay $1500 for that?

No?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Strange as it seems, this behavior is correct per the schematic. The 00-90 unit (which is the F relay) is stepped via the 100 pt relay (M) and the "On Add 1st Hundreds" switch (which is on Player 1's 100 pt score reel). So the match value is only advanced by Player 1.

That's interesting. I never would have guessed that. Thanks!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Which bank - the Control bank or the Drop Target bank? (Guessing you mean the Control bank as the reset bank?)
If it's the Control Bank, that's activated via a switch on the Control Bank Reset relay (U) and a score motor switch. So one observation would be whether that relay is activating during the 500 point scoring. 500 pt scoring will run the score motor, so there's good correlation that if the switch on U is closing, then the bank could get reset. Then need to determine why U is activating (if that's what's happening).

Yes the control bank is what I was meaning. I'll check it out and see what's going on with U and report back. Thanks for the help!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Which bank - the Control bank or the Drop Target bank? (Guessing you mean the Control bank as the reset bank?)
If it's the Control Bank, that's activated via a switch on the Control Bank Reset relay (U) and a score motor switch. So one observation would be whether that relay is activating during the 500 point scoring. 500 pt scoring will run the score motor, so there's good correlation that if the switch on U is closing, then the bank could get reset. Then need to determine why U is activating (if that's what's happening).

The U relay is closing when the 500pts are scored. I started checking the score motor switches, but Im going to wait until my flex stone gets in so I can clean while I adjust the switches.

2 weeks later
#15 9 years ago

Here is a quick video of what is going on with the game. The audio is really low, so I apologize for that. I call the control bank the "reset bank" for some reason, so thats what Im talking about if youre confused In addition to the video, the game is still resetting the control bank when 500points are scored.

1 week later
#18 9 years ago

Ok, I went through the entire bottom board, including the score motor. Cleaned contacts with flexstone, and regapped the switches. There were a few switches were out of whack including the gameover relay. It seems like all the problems in the video are fixed now, but the original problem(control bank resets when 500pts are scored) is still happening.

I did find two blue jumpers in the bottom of the cabinet, so thats scary. No Idea what they came off of. IMG_2700.jpgIMG_2700.jpgIMG_2672.jpgIMG_2672.jpgIMG_2673.jpgIMG_2673.jpg

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Are you able to see what the U relay is doing?

The u relay only fires ones after the scores reset now. Anytime the score motor is twisted manually, it triggers the u bank. Not sure I thas suppose to happen or not but I thought it was worth mentioning. Scoring 500pts still only triggers U on player one

#23 9 years ago

Sorry. It triggers the u relay which then triggers the control bank.

3 weeks later
#25 9 years ago

Well I took the head off and went through it and the relay board again and Im happy to report that all the major issues with the game have been resolved! The only thing else I have to figure out is why the chimes are intermittent even though I cleaned it all up.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in on this thread, especially DirtFlipper! Its wierd, but I think I may enjoy tinkering with EM's more than SS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-brave-scoring-issues-first-em?tu=jdoz2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.