You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240622_123027 (resized).jpg
20240622_123204 (resized).jpg
#1 23 days ago

Hi all

I would appreciate some help with my BIG BRAVE machine!
At our last competition the wire in picture 1 started to get really hot and smoke appeared in the cabinet. We realised this early and turned the machine off.
After several months sitting unplugged, I turned the machine back on and all worked fine. I played a few games, continuously checking the temperature on the wire, but it stayed cool.
Then the playfield lights started dimming each time I pressed the left Flipper button. After pushing the button a few times to work out what’s happening, a flickering happened inside the cabinet (by the left flipper) and the machine stopped working shortly after.
At the moment, the lights on the Backboard are on (Player 1 and the number 3; when I reset the relay board, both players are lit), but nothing else works.

The coils return a normal reading. I checked all fuses and the cases and the continuity of the wires going to and away from the fuses and they are all good.
I checked all cables and fuses up to the S relay and continuity is fine. According to a repair video, Step 2 in the start up sequence is the S relay and when SB@ trips it starts the reset of the Score reels. My BB doesn't do this. So the startup issue could be in there somewhere, but I don't know what to look for.

The left Flipper EOS switch looks like it got hot too. see pic 2

Where should I look next? I’d appreciate any help I can get and am happy to upload more photos. We have a big 3 day competition at our house coming up next weekend.

Thanks heaps already in advance.
Markus

20240622_123027 (resized).jpg20240622_123027 (resized).jpg20240622_123204 (resized).jpg20240622_123204 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.