View topic image gallery

Big Brave D relay lock in (resized).jpg
20211120_205225 (resized).jpg
20211120_205253 (resized).jpg
Big Brave Drop Target wires (resized).jpg
20211120_174537 (resized).jpg
20211120_174532 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello folks. I have a Big Brave here that some previous owner has cut some wires that I believe go to the drop target bank. Would any owners be able to get a pic confirming which wire goes where?

Thanks,
RC

20211120_174532 (resized).jpg20211120_174532 (resized).jpg20211120_174537 (resized).jpg20211120_174537 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

The white and the blue-white wires go to the drop target switches that are all in parallel (the lugs are labeled in your photo). To double check you should see the same wire colors on five of the rollover switches:
Big Brave Drop Target wires (resized).jpgBig Brave Drop Target wires (resized).jpg
It's hard to tell what color wire the one on the left is. Is it slate-red? Can you tell where else it goes?

/Mark

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The white and the blue-white wires go to the drop target switches that are all in parallel (the lugs are labeled in your photo). To double check you should see the same wire colors on five of the rollover switches:
[quoted image]
It's hard to tell what color wire the one on the left is. Is it slate-red? Can you tell where else it goes?
/Mark

It just looks cream colored and dingey to my eyes. I believe it goes somewhere on the drop bank. The previous owner indicated they disconnected the unit because 2 of the targets were snapped off. Just not sure where they go on the unit. Sounds like 2 of the 3 are good to go based on your help. Just gotta find where the other goes. Here's a couple other pics if they help.

Thanks much.

20211120_205225 (resized).jpg20211120_205225 (resized).jpg20211120_205253 (resized).jpg20211120_205253 (resized).jpg
#4 2 years ago

Anyone with a Big Brave or Big Indian able to confirm where these wires go? Especially the one that looks like it could be slate or grayish?

Thanks, in advance.

#5 2 years ago

Call me kooky but does the blue wire go where the "BL" is written and the white go where the "W" is written?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Call me kooky but does the blue wire go where the "BL" is written and the white go where the "W" is written?

Most likely, but we have a 3rd wire that there is no label for.

#7 2 years ago

Try to trace the wire into the wire bundle a little to see if you can get a better look at its color in a clean, protected area.

Or just play the game and see what's not working.

9 months later
#8 1 year ago

Coming back to this game after months of it being folded up. I believe I got the wires where they go, but maybe not since I am getting no scoring when you hit a 500 pt target.

The game will reset and start a game.

10 point switches seem to score 10 points.

100 point switches seem to score 100 points.

Hitting any 500 pt plus advance bonus switch will cause D relay to pull in very briefly and the score motor to turn, but no points are awarded.

This includes B I G and every drop target scoring switch.

The B, I and G lanes do turn on their respective relays.

As a test, I manually held in the D relay and the 500 points are awarded and the bonus advances.

I have cleaned all the switches on all relays and the D relay contacts seem to be good. I wondered if it could be that a switch contact on that relay wasn't close enough, but they are all very close and I can't see a way to make them closer.

During the course of this last round of troubleshooting, I found that the wheel with the springy contacts for the bonus unit had been install 180 degrees incorrectly. What tipped me off was the 10k bonus light was lit when no bonus had been awarded.

For this reason, I'm wondering if other units were put back wrong by the previous owner/tech.

If I manually "play" a ball, it will not go to the next ball, so perhaps the player unit in the back is messed up, like the disc is in the wrong position, but then I think it wouldn't start a P1 ball 1 game if it was wrong, so I'm confused now.

I was hoping to get through this one without coming for more help from you folks, but that ship has sailed.

I hope I got all the info there, but I can ramble, so I apologize.

Lemme know if you have any thoughts and if you need more info from me.

Thanks, in advance.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Hitting any 500 pt plus advance bonus switch will cause D relay to pull in very briefly and the score motor to turn, but no points are awarded.... As a test, I manually held in the D relay and the 500 points are awarded and the bonus advances.

Once the D relay fires, it should hold itself on (with its own D relay lock in switch) for a complete Score Motor cycle using the circuit in red until the Motor 2B switch opens.
Big Brave D relay lock in (resized).jpgBig Brave D relay lock in (resized).jpg
If it's not one of the three switches in that circuit isn't closing.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Once the D relay fires, it should hold itself on (with its own D relay lock in switch) for a complete Score Motor cycle using the circuit in red until the Motor 2B switch opens.
[quoted image]
If it's not one of the three switches in that circuit isn't closing.

That little bastard at 2A was the culprit. So hard to see down there. Thanks so much, Mark.

Everything now seems to be scoring correctly.

Still won't go to ball 2. Player unit seems gummed up at the pivot points. Almost there.

#11 1 year ago

Seems that got it. It just played a 2 player game and switched balls and players properly. Woohoo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-brave-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.