Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161114_231004 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture2 (resized).PNG
20161114_211943 (resized).jpg
20161114_200915 (resized).jpg
20161113_175919 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mt45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Question for Truck Stop owners. Can you easily make the left and right orbits from the lower flippers - specifically the "C" and "Y" ramps. I can barely make it and most times reaches peak only to roll back and out the ramp entrances instead of all the way around. Is it supposed to be a tough shot? I've gapped eos, cleaned flipper cabinet switches and did not notice any change ...

20161113_175919 (resized).jpg20161113_175919 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

I do. Great thought though. I ordered a dozen when I bought the machine
Thx

#5 7 years ago

Any other tips from anyone? The balls are the correct (smaller) size. It is simply the flippers and specifically the lowers. Both are equally "weak".

Is there a transistor that drives these that may be weakening?

I'm more inclined to think it's with the EOS switches and ability transmit full voltage. ....how would I use my DMM to test voltage and EOS?

#7 7 years ago

SOLVED!

It turned out to be the EOS switches and probably to a smaller extent the flipper angles (thanks for the reminder crlush as I looked at my flippers and thought they were not set low enough so I moved them down about a full 1/4" each). Notice that the flippers now do not line up with the ball guides but are at a slight obtuse angle to them.

I removed the switches in the first image below (they came with the Bally flipper rebuild kit but there was a service bulletin that came out from Bally in 1989 to replace them) and replaced them with the newer ones along with a capacitor on each.

Not sure I needed to but I also heat shrink wrapped the part of the flipper mech that contacts the new switches as it was bare before as the old switch had a plastic insulator built into the switch itself. Some might confirm for me that this was necessary - seemed a good idea

I can now complete both the left and right orbits! Still a tough shot but a clean one goes all the way around. I've got new cab switches coming and will replace those as well as mine are rough.

Wrong switches

20161114_200915 (resized).jpg20161114_200915 (resized).jpg

Correct switches

20161114_211943 (resized).jpg20161114_211943 (resized).jpg

Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNG
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

20161114_231004 (resized).jpg20161114_231004 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mt45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bettys-truckstop-lower-flipper-strength?tu=mt45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.