You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T206-Honus-Wagner-Baseball-Card (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture2 (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

Wow, prices have gone through the roof. Looks like a new precedent for this machine, the Gene Cunningham version.

Although when Addams Golds sell for $20k, and Pirates CE is $30k, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Seller listed on both eBay and pinside, ending up selling on eBay for $29k (more than the $28k he was asking on here).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/115195

ebay.com link: itm

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

Hopefully PPS/CGC remakes the remake so more of us poor folk get to enjoy the game.

#3 2 years ago

I played it at Sunshine Laundromat waybackwhen and I just didn't think it was that fun. If it became available by CGC I can't see it selling huge numbers compared to the prior titles.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I played it at Sunshine Laundromat waybackwhen and I just didn't think it was that fun. If it became available by CGC I can't see it selling huge numbers compared to the prior titles.

They would sell a ton of them.

#5 2 years ago

I played it in Florida this year and was significantly underwhelmed. Couple games like this that just don’t excite me BBr and TAF come to mind.

#6 2 years ago

I figured they were.

Funny when you think how many they actually made. There’s more than just 14 prototypes, now about 200 games floating around.

That’s surprising. I guess you could probably make a stock market reference about people buying and never selling which drives the price sky high on things...

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Although when Addams Golds sell for $20k, and Pirates CE is $30k, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Yes u should. I am. What kind of idiot pays that kind of money for these games?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Wow, prices have gone through the roof. Looks like a new precedent for this machine, the Gene Cunningham version.
Seller listed on both eBay and pinside, ending up selling on eBay for $29k (more than the $28k he was asking on here).
ebay.com link: itm[quoted image][quoted image]

The seller got less then the 28K for it, If it really did sell on ebay 29k.

#9 2 years ago

lots of dumb rich folks out there.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I agree, to rich and no friends, these are fit in prices. Hey look what i bought, will you be my friend, can i join your club. You see it all the time in other hobby's.

#11 2 years ago

Crazy!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

You see it all the time in other hobby's.

Don't go there.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

There's also a lot of extremely intelligent people out there who got rich by working hard. Good for them and glad to see they found something to enjoy their hard earned money on.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:There's also a lot of extremely intelligent people out there who got rich by working hard. Good for them and glad to see they found something to enjoy their hard earned money on.

Pinside says BBB is upwards of $18K, so a premium of $11K - Jeff Bezos makes about $2,500 a second, so if this purchase saved him five seconds I guess he actually saved money

Seriously though, I have "overpaid" a couple of hundred here or there to close a deal as my time is more valuable right now than after I retire. I am sure there are a lot of people between Bezos and me that would find $11K to get the somewhat rare pin they want a deal, with an Ebay guarantee as well as we all know they favor the buyer.

And you can play it, unlike the 1909 Honus Wagner Baseball card (only 50-75 made) - In very good condition, $4 million (for a piece of cardboard). I am thankful there not as many rich pinball dudes as there are rich baseball card collectors.

T206-Honus-Wagner-Baseball-Card (resized).jpgT206-Honus-Wagner-Baseball-Card (resized).jpg
#15 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Although when Addams Golds sell for $20k,

Source?

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I agree, to rich and no friends, these are fit in prices. Hey look what i bought, will you be my friend, can i join your club. You see it all the time in other hobby's.

I am blown away by the people in this hobby who don't play the games. They collect them like baseball cards. I have met lots of guys over the years who will have a game for many years and put 10 games on it. Odds are many of these guys that are buying these games at $20k+ are probably not even playing the damn things.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Dumb? Why is that always the response when someone spends a lot on a game? At some point, someone was dumb to buy this game at $10000. Later someone was dumb to pay $20000. And now someone is dumb to pay close to $30000. In the future, they could sell it for more. I honestly don't care one smallest bit what someone pays for BBB or some baseball card. I know what I am willing to spend on a pin and that is all that matters.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Dumb? Why is that always the response when someone spends a lot on a game? At some point, someone was dumb to buy this game at $10000. Later someone was dumb to pay $20000. And now someone is dumb to pay close to $30000. In the future, they could sell it for more. I honestly don't care one smallest bit what someone pays for BBB or some baseball card. I know what I am willing to spend on a pin and that is all that matters.

Very True but its' nice to know for down the road and insurance purposes too.

John

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Yes, but regardless the buyer paid $29k, and more if you count sales tax (if applicable which likely was) and shipping if shipped.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How about the projection that it has to be a sweaty, friendless hermit. Some cool people make enough to buy this in the time it takes them to sneeze.

#21 2 years ago

Didn't think I would ever part with my BBB #16 - but just maybe I would for upwards of $25K.
Guess I'll have to give it some thought.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Didn't think I would ever part with my BBB #16 - but just maybe I would for upwards of $25K.
Guess I'll have to give it some thought.

I'm in the same boat lol. I don't think I can do it though. No wonder my wife thinks I'm crazy.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Very True but its' nice to know for down the road and insurance purposes too.
John

Might be time to sell BBB and the rest and buy that R.V and retire but then I wouldn't have a party to go to the first Saturday in November

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Might be time to sell BBB and the rest and buy that R.V and retire but then I wouldn't have a party to go to the first Saturday in November

I'm having a party in November?
Hmm......not so sure about that yet but we'll see.

John

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'm having a party in November?
Hmm......not so sure about that yet but we'll see.
John

Man I can't wait to go to one of your parties. Hopefully can happen aoon

#26 2 years ago

Has anyone here figured out what the ebay seller's fee is going to be on this? I *think* they have a cap, but not sure if that is only for cars.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Has anyone here figured out what the ebay seller's fee is going to be on this? I *think* they have a cap, but not sure if that is only for cars.

My Tron LE sold for 25k and fees were about ~1,500ish without an eBay store. Supposedly less if you have a store.

The way I understand it (if you have a store) is:

~12% up to $7500 of item value
~2% of everything on top of that (I.E. the other $21,500 in case of BBB)

#28 2 years ago

On the bright side, the chances for a remake just went up...

#29 2 years ago

If the people that buy these games for these prices are dumb. What about the people that won't sell for the same prices?

Penny saved is a penny earned.

I don't see a lot of BBB on the market.

#30 2 years ago

I'm wondering on a large ebay transaction such as this do sellers worry about chargebacks if something doesnt work? Can the game still be sold on Ebay with cash on glass like old days?

#31 2 years ago

If you’re going with cash on the glass, there’s no reason to have the sale go through eBay, is there?

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

If you’re going with cash on the glass, there’s no reason to have the sale go through eBay, is there?

Sure there is. Exposure. As cool as Pinside and Craigslist is, if you're looking for something specific and rare, eBay is most peoples go to without too much thought.

#33 2 years ago

Remake or not, always someone looking for the original which in the case of BBB, the remake is selling for more than original was in late 90’s.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Remake or not, always someone looking for the original which in the case of BBB, the remake is selling for more than original was in late 90’s.

Everything sells for more then the 90’s

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Wonder what a 90s original would bring these days? 50?

#36 2 years ago

If anyone else is willing to pay the price listed above, mine’s available and I’ll probably deliver it to you in the lower 48.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Probably. I was thinking ebay had a limit on fees outside of certain items like maybe a car etc. I'd have to look...I have sold some small stuff (toys) and the fee is like 10% right? Either way...he made some money lol. ****edit. I see others commented on this so yeah looks like some type of scale to their fees. Either way appears they paid probably a few grand in fees. Still not too shabby!!

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

ebay.com link: itm[quoted image][quoted image]

One last note, this game (see link below) sold for the asking price in February, I talked to the seller. So this works both ways.. is the new precedent $29,000 or $17,500? My guess is around the $18,000 to $22,000 +- is a realistic area as long as a possible remake looms.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/109973

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

One last note, this game (see link below) sold for the asking price in February, I talked to the seller. So this works both ways.. is the new precedent $29,000 or $17,500? My guess is around the $18,000 to $22,000 +- is a realistic area as long as a possible remake looms.

seller left money on the table likely on the February listing. Prices have shot up significantly on many titles over the past year, $17,500 was the going rate a couple years ago. These titles are so rare that it's not like they come up every day. I'm not saying $29k is the value, but I think we can say $17,500 is low if someone paid $29k a week ago.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

seller left money on the table likely on the February listing. Prices have shot up significantly on many titles over the past year, $17,500 was the going rate a couple years ago. These titles are so rare that it's not like they come up every day. I'm not saying $29k is the value, but I think we can say $17,500 is low if someone paid $29k a week ago.

One sale not a trend make.

All you need is two bidders with money to burn to come up with some number outside the norm.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Agree seller left money on the table at 17.5k but a BBB sold for 21k two weeks ago here as well... the market is so jacked up right now that if one sold for 40k I guess I wouldn’t be surprised but just liked FT’s 25k Tron LE I think its safe to assume that it was a one off rather than a new going rate on the title.

#42 2 years ago

I think its safe to assume that $29K was a one off rather than a new going rate on BBB.

So I can't get $29K for mine? Then I'm out.

#43 2 years ago

The one at 17500 sold in few hours. One of the fastest sale I’ve seen. Obviously there is more demands than there are offers.
It’s not surprising, it seems like a lot of BBB has landed in big collections with collectors who want to keep them. There are less and less models to feed the market and it will get worse with the time, so mechanically, the price will increase I think.
Last thing, BBB is a really great and fun game, one of the greatest in the 90s for me. IMO.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So I can't get $29K for mine? Then I'm out.

LMAO actually I was referring to Tron LE for 25k

8 months later
#45 2 years ago

Is BBB worth swapping a TBL EA#105 and $9000 for?

I owed the BBB and have a change to buy it back..

With loads of spares.. But is a remake coming? How is the KINGPIN remake coming along? Will they make BBB after that!?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 209.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-sells-for-29k?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.