Pinside_archive_2053_1255028 (resized).jpg
ZB2 (resized).png
ZB (resized).png
Big-Bang-Theory (resized).jpg
4 FMwY_L9WYAU2Q3n (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
3D7D2751-7C7B-49F6-A070-65C8AA555F15 (resized).png
2F3C44BE-2C89-4FD5-BB8C-849A8F5B9DC3 (resized).png
There are 465 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

If we are reviving Capcom pins, consideration for Circus Maximus Kingpin project. Played it. Friggen addicting pin. Played BBB. Was good but KP was light years better.
If someone stepped up to build these for CM maybe it could give this pin a second chance?

What makes you think CM has still any involvement in Kingpin? It has been years without any news. They don’t own the name license also.
Kingpin is behind BBB IMO but I agree with you, it would be the perfect remake, along with BBB.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

What makes you think CM has still any involvement in Kingpin? It has been years without any news. They don’t own the name license also.
Kingpin is behind BBB IMO but I agree with you, it would be the perfect remake, along with BBB.

I’d be curious what contracts they had signed prior to the trademark expiring. What they can and can’t do is really just speculation at this time. They could have a very robust contract that was built on the old licenses and may be grandfathered in. We simply don’t know!

Now that Pulp Fiction is on the line with CGC, it doesn’t seem promising that a “new company” will pickup Kingpin.

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Speculative theory based on history. If Circus Maximus lost licensing to Capcom games who has it now?

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Speculative theory based on history. If Circus Maximus lost licensing to Capcom games who has it now?

Speculative answer. Planetary Pinball

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If speculations are true, that’s good news. Planetary Pinball has resources to bring this title to market.

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’d be curious what contracts they had signed prior to the trademark expiring. What they can and can’t do is really just speculation at this time.

CMG is out. Point.

Quoted from Mr68:

We had this in an other thread:
BBB = PPS
KP = a dutch guy

This is for pinball and merchandise stuff
In the thread was a link to a website with informations about the rights, at least in the USA.
CMG had KP but made nothing within the licence for 5 years or so. So it seems not to be a loss.

2 months later
#307 10 months ago

And so the Big Bang Bar saga continues. No proof yet but way too much chatter for me to believe it's not going to happen. And my gut tells me an announcement is going to happen fairly soon.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pinball-heaven-capcom-s-big-bang-bar-in-pre-production-to-be-released-this-summer

#308 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And so the Big Bang Bar saga continues. No proof yet but way too much chatter for me to believe it's not going to happen. And my gut tells me an announcement is going to happen fairly soon.
My gut also went from a size 33 to size 32. So I've got that going for me.
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pinball-heaven-capcom-s-big-bang-bar-in-pre-production-to-be-released-this-summer

Just like the Magic Girl/RAZA chatter. It doesn’t make financial sense to remake BBB at this point. The licensing nightmare alone has turned most off.

#309 10 months ago

The licensing nightmare alone has turned most off.

The one PPS has ?

LTG : )

#310 10 months ago

Just like the Magic Girl/RAZA chatter. It doesn’t make financial sense to remake BBB at this point. The licensing nightmare alone has turned most off.

I gotta disagree. A licensing nightmare would be Twilight Zone or Addams Family because of the multiple owners of IP.
Big Bang Bar is an original theme and Planetary Pinball is in the business of licensing games.

#311 10 months ago

Also, a new manufacturer wanting to launch their company with a recognisable name and desirable product, would really make a splash this way.

#312 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Also, a new manufacturer wanting to launch their company with a recognisable name and desirable product, would really make a splash this way.

Like Pedretti gaming perhaps?

#313 10 months ago

Seriously, BBB is a decent game and nothing more. The hype is only because of its rarity and that most people haven't played it.

The dancing lady, the rotating heads and the slick ramp lights are cool and fits the theme, but the actual gameplay is only so-so imo.

The U shaped captive ball thing is actually pretty unique but not enough to sell the game.

The game might sell well if re-released but I think most owners will try to sell it quite soon after.

#314 10 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Seriously, BBB is a decent game and nothing more. The hype is only because of its rarity and that most people haven't played it.

Wow, mind blown.

BBB demand has instantly evaporated due to this bombshell!

#315 10 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The dancing lady, the rotating heads and the slick ramp lights are cool and fits the theme, but the actual gameplay is only so-so imo.
The U shaped captive ball thing is actually pretty unique but not enough to sell the game.
The game might sell well if re-released but I think most owners will try to sell it quite soon after.

Pretty much, we've had one at the local pin museum for years and played it so many times.... it's just whatever. Really if it wasn't so rare, I doubt anyone would care about the game or look too fondly on it.

You know folks will buy it though just to have access to a formerly rare remake, doesn't matter if the game is good or not. As long as they keep it to a limited run of pins, I'm sure it will sell fine.

#316 10 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

WUT?

Pinside_archive_1895_3109264 (resized).jpgPinside_archive_1895_3109264 (resized).jpgPinside_archive_2053_1255028 (resized).jpgPinside_archive_2053_1255028 (resized).jpg

#317 10 months ago

Keep in mind we now live in an era of new, improved and added code.

And BBB's artwork is some of the best ever.

It'll sell

#318 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Or ones with extra lines like AP or CGC.

#319 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Keep in mind we now live in an era of new, improved and added code.
And BBB's artwork is some of the best ever.
It'll sell

I think the game will sell just fine.

#320 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The one PPS has ?

Quoted from Mr68:

I gotta disagree. A licensing nightmare would be Twilight Zone or Addams Family because of the multiple owners of IP.
Big Bang Bar is an original theme and Planetary Pinball is in the business of licensing games.

It would have to be the WMS attempt at BBB otherwise no matter what, Capcom is involved in the licensing. Gene mentioned that in his stories.

Then you get into the hardware, and it becomes clear it would have to be a completely new WMS BBB build. What new company wants to “start” by building a new game from the ground up?

I change my mind, BBB remake is definitely coming!!! Quickly sell me your boat anchor before it’s worthless!! I will gallantly burn my money, selflessly buying your worthless BBB for a very generous $5k.

Sell quick before the remake-remake comes!!

#321 10 months ago

WMS attempt at BBB otherwise no matter what,

Which PPS has license rights.

Capcom is involved in the licensing.

Which PPS got as far as pinball was concerned.

Gene mentioned that in his stories.

Gene mentioned a lot. Years ago and long before recent developments.

I don't know if the BBB project is dead or going on. Though to go forward I don't think licensing is the main issue.

#322 10 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I do not agree. BBB is a great 90´s game.
The gameplay is great, the work with the diverters on the playfield is one of a kind. One rampshot can be devited on so many ways.
The theme is absolutely stunning, the humor is great. Animations and sound are perfect ! For a 90´s game !!
There was a reason that Williams was planning to build this pin.
The fluorocent art on cabinett and playfield , just great in blacklight. For me the best Capcom pinball, better than KP and all the others. Folowed by Pinball Magic but you have to love the static game.
Sure, from this decade we have many great games, but BBB is one of the better ones .... not due its rarity. Gamedesign, gameplay and the great art by Stan Fukuoka. The art is, for me, not only "pinball art", it is art in all aspects.

#323 10 months ago

Balance the scoring, tweak and polish the rules and this would be a really good playing game. As-is, it does wear thin but the theme/art/music/voices really do carry it well. It'd sell with enhanced code. With Capcom's beta code, it's sell less, not sure if enough to do a run.

#324 10 months ago

Aliens/sci-fi is so in right now with games

Alien, Foo Fighters, GTF, Final Resistance, Space Hunt, and now maybe BBB

(And I have a sneaky suspicion about another certain sci-fi show)

#325 10 months ago

Been there done that but it is a beautiful game and I wish I still had mine $$$$$$$

#326 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Which PPS has license rights.

Which PPS got as far as pinball was concerned.

Gene mentioned a lot. Years ago and long before recent developments.
I don't know if the BBB project is dead or going on. Though to go forward I don't think licensing is the main issue.

I always thought the holdup with BBB remakes was the unique capcom chips and inability to flash new ones with the required software (as Gene was just remaking games with new old stock). As long as someone recreates it on a more modern platform then there really should be no issues beyond code debugging.

#327 10 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

I always thought the holdup with BBB remakes was the unique capcom chips and inability to flash new ones with the required software (as Gene was just remaking games with new old stock). As long as someone recreates it on a more modern platform then there really should be no issues beyond code debugging.

I doubt any CapCom hardware would even be considered for use.

No economy of scale there.

#328 10 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

I always thought the holdup with BBB remakes was the unique capcom chips

There is one, ( used on all Capcom pins ) and Gene found the programmer and was going to get it remade when he was going to do Kingpin. It was locked or something so it couldn't be copied. As far as I know it never got made.

The Circus Maximus working on Kingpin must have found a way around it with their own system running the game they showed at pinball shows.

Plan was they were doing Kingpin to fund their Pinball Circus project and PPS/CGC ? would use their stuff to to Do Big Bang Bar.

No word on any of this since pre covid shut downs, so all these projects might be dead.

#329 10 months ago

I think CMG "just imported" to Capcoms code to P-ROC. That would mean some details must be proven and re-programmed.
Change the code to connect with RGB-Leds. Thats it. For sure a lot of work but not completely rewritten.

However ... my homemade BBBr runs very well. For me the software is , at least, nearly finished and good playable. My homebrew KPr its more tricky. The software is far away from "ready". Several dots are missing and the missions are playable but on a ball loss you will start the last mission again. I am sure, this is a bug and not a feature.

Good thing: (Not only) in the german community several people are able to programm WMS code. *IF* there is already WMS code for the BBB adaption, this might make living much easier to "redo" the software on WMS platform.

What I like on all WMS and Capcom original titles: You boot and 10 seconds later you can play. On P-ROC and all newer Computersystems you boot ... and it tooks very long until the boot is finished. In the old days we were talking about some 100 kbyte code, new games need Terrabytes

I am looking forward and have the feeling that there will show something up in the future !

#330 10 months ago

Another speculative thread………..
Blah blah blah.

#331 10 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

Another speculative thread………..
Blah blah blah.

I am sure there is something going on.
For my BBB rebuild I had to use the Airborne apron and also the motor EMI break board is a design a friend made for me. It is fully working.
Yesterday I was looking in the shops for parts and suddenly found a NOS BBB apron and the missing motor EMI board at PPS.
Two options ... PPS found a box with BBB parts in a dark corner or someone is working in the background on parts.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-B0023200

#332 10 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Two options ... PPS found a box with BBB parts in a dark corner or someone is working in the background on parts.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-B0023200

It’s the first one. I talked to Rick a couple years ago when they were going through those boxes. That’s how long it took for them to actually list them for sale.
They’ve had these spare parts for years. Nothing is going on

#333 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

you don't post info/pics of your friends belongings unless they tell you they are OK with it. It's common courtesy.

oh give me a break. i'll bet your a blast at parties.

#334 10 months ago

Another baseless rumour, I'll believe it when the games are built and start shipping. Been hearing this for years.....

#335 10 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

oh give me a break. i'll bet your a blast at parties.

If you're posting your friends stuff online, I bet you aren't invited to a lot of parties.

#336 10 months ago

So is one of you having a party or not. you both keep talking about it and I have not gotten an invite yet

#337 10 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

Another baseless rumour, I'll believe it when the games are built and start shipping. Been hearing this for years.....

Can Pigs fly a second time???

#338 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

If you're posting your friends stuff online, I bet you aren't invited to a lot of parties.

you'd be surprised, not everyone is a stick in the mud.

#339 10 months ago
IMG_3088 (resized).jpegIMG_3088 (resized).jpeg
#340 10 months ago
Quoted from chad:Can Pigs fly a second time???

More champagne, Miss Piggy?

Miss-Piggy_Lufthansa (resized).jpgMiss-Piggy_Lufthansa (resized).jpg
#341 10 months ago

I bought in on Gene's BBBr back in 04/05 at $4500 (#111). Owned it for about 12-13 years. Regrettably sold it then. I'd be all over BBBrr, especially with a few new tweaks (ie: MMr / MBr / AFMr).

#342 10 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I bought in on Gene's BBBr back in 04/05 at $4500 (#111). Owned it for about 12-13 years. Regrettably sold it then. I'd be all over BBBrr, especially with a few new tweaks (ie: MMr / MBr / AFMr).

I regret selling mine as well. Fun game to shoot great theme and callouts and it has character. Plus it sure is eye candy. I hope they make a whole lot more so much so it’s not “rare” anymore. That way the argument that this game is only desired because it’s rare will go away.

#343 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I regret selling mine as well. Fun game to shoot great theme and callouts and it has character. Plus it sure is eye candy. I hope they make a whole lot more so much so it’s not “rare” anymore. That way the argument that this game is only desired because it’s rare will go away.

Miss mine. Gorgeous art with amazing sound and music. It will be interesting to see what improvements and/or extra is offered.

#344 10 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

These originals are still commanding a pretty high price these days, not sure BBB will drop that much either.

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Yours was a beauty Kerry and the only BBB I've ever played. Such a cool game and you made the right call buying one for $4500 when I didn't have the stones to pull the trigger back then. I would definitely jump on a remake if it ever happens, never say never!

#345 10 months ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Miss mine. Gorgeous art with amazing sound and music. It will be interesting to see what improvements and/or extra is offered.

You seem pretty confident they will re-re-make the game.

...Me too.

#346 10 months ago

I feel like I've been around this hobby long enough now where theres a rumor for a long time, it might even get to the point where it seems like it was just not true, but then the rumors get stronger and stronger and the whispers get louder and boom, turns out its happening. I feel like this one has been smoldering for a long time but the smoke is really starting to take off, and where theres smoke, theres fire.

#347 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You seem pretty confident they will re-re-make the game.
...Me too.

I'm confident there is a shit load of money to be made for a company that does the title. When is the real question.

#348 10 months ago

If CGC is making it, we'll all be dead by the time they actual start shipping so it probably won't matter anyway.

#349 10 months ago

CGC won't be making BBB.

depositphotos_216978496-stock-photo-the-young-man-whispering-a (resized).jpgdepositphotos_216978496-stock-photo-the-young-man-whispering-a (resized).jpg

#350 10 months ago

Haggis would be an interesting wild card, but it's probably AP or Euro Pinball Corp

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 465 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-re-make-2023/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.