Pinside_archive_2053_1255028 (resized).jpg
ZB2 (resized).png
ZB (resized).png
Big-Bang-Theory (resized).jpg
4 FMwY_L9WYAU2Q3n (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
3D7D2751-7C7B-49F6-A070-65C8AA555F15 (resized).png
2F3C44BE-2C89-4FD5-BB8C-849A8F5B9DC3 (resized).png
There are 465 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 1 year ago

Played plenty of this game on my Vpin, the moaning stripper gets really annoying after awhile but I do see the appeal of the game overall.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

I was pretty underwhelmed when I played BBB. The dancer, green tube, and some of the other touches all looked sort of cheap compared to what I was expecting. Kind of made sense to me why this ended up being so rare. I didn't play it enough to get a feel for the shots or rules.

When Gene announced the reproduction many were skeptical (a) he could do it and (b) that it was worth the price at the time. After it was a success only a small number of Gene’s customers were willing to sell and it was hard to get for a long time. Prices went way up and then went stupid.

It wasn’t rare because the dancer looked cheap. It was rare because only a handful of games were produced before Capcom shutdown and after the repro run there are only about 200 games in total.

A new remake will easily sell that many on the first day.

#153 1 year ago

I owned one for about 5 years
Would I by a re-make YES
It's a cool pin to have in a collection

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It wasn’t rare because the dancer looked cheap. It was rare because only a handful of games were produced before Capcom shutdown and after the repro run there are only about 200 games in total.

A new remake will easily sell that many on the first day.

I have to assume whoever is doing this re-make will cap the amount of units built.

What should that cap be? 500 and you sell out in an hour? Then what?

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I have to assume whoever is doing this re-make will cap the amount of units built.

Idk... a lot of people in the Bond60th thread were adamant about how 500 isn't "rare" enough to them

The whole thing about this game is how it's "rare"

#156 1 year ago

Lots of pins are rare for a reason. Cue. Goin’ Nuts. Rat Race. BBB and Kingpin are both fantastic and fun. And beautiful.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I would guess there to be two models made, an LE and a Standard. So maybe 500 LE's and unlimited Standards?

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

This isn’t a Bond 60.

Presumably there will be a limited edition and enough standards to fill initial demand. I’d be stunned if anyone who wanted one new (in a reasonable time frame) couldn’t get an order placed. Especially if this is made by a new player.

#159 1 year ago

Not every game needs to be a 2.0, or be modernized somehow. If you just want deep modern games, buy those. They're making plenty every year.

There are a lot of pinball players who don't have a ton of interest in that style, and just want the simpler 90s rules. They're perfectly happy to have a game with beautiful art, a great theme, shoots well, and a ruleset that fun and easy to understand. Many people aren't good enough to see the wizard mode every session they step up still.

Pinside is full of new new new new discussions, the hot threads are usually "what's next" and people wanting that. Which is fine. But it can lull you into thinking that represents more of the pinball buying/playing population than it does.

BBB is rare, but it's also classic. It's not sought after only because it's rare, though that's clearly part of the mystique. If someone remakes it I'd have no problem with say colorizing the DMD, but I hope they don't overly fuck with it. Let it be the game it is already.

#160 1 year ago

They can balance the scoring between all the modes, make it appropriate risk-reward. That would fix most of the issues without changing the feel of the game.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If someone remakes it I'd have no problem with say colorizing the DMD, but I hope they don't overly fuck with it. Let it be the game it is already.

um....

https://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-big-bang-bar-pinball-machine/

#162 1 year ago

I was thinking more along the lines of what the CGC remakes have done with the display, but yes, ColorDMD always rad.

#163 1 year ago

I think CGC wrote the rulebook on how to do these right. Old school charm with a quality build and just enough new technology to not detract from why these games are so revered in the first place. Whether it’s AP or someone else, that’s the formula.

BBB is a great candidate for a remake. It’s super rare, shoots great and has some crazy ass art. Deep? No, but neither are MM, MB, CC, etc.

#164 1 year ago

Has a list been made? I want one!!

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Has a list been made? I want one!!

It's only a rumor at this point.

#166 1 year ago

TPF would be a great place to announce it. Timeframe is about right.

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

It's only a rumor at this point.

This game was on the list that PPS put out a while ago on which games they though could/should be remade. I am fairly sure this game is a Williams license so if CGC make it we are in for sure.

I have never seen one, never played one either. Cool theme with some very interesting things on the playfield.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I have never seen one, never played one either. Cool theme with some very interesting things on the playfield.

Only if CGC makes it your buying ?

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bally/Williams was working on BBB to come out after Cactus Canyon.

Wait, what? Big Bang Bar was a 1996 Capcom title.

#170 1 year ago

Agreed its been a long time coming, but I believe now is the time for BBBr. In fact, I was surprised in the last round when they announced Cactus Canyon over Big Bang Bar.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Only if CGC makes it your buying ?

I will buy AP and Stern as well. That is about it for us.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

I think Bally Williams bought the rights to BBB and they were in the process of putting all the Williams parts (taking out the Capcom parts, coils etc) into a sample bbb game and getting ready to produce it. Then things shut down.

Richard

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

The WMS version was to be the next WPC-95 game after Cactus Canyon before the switch to Pinball 2000.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not every game needs to be a 2.0, or be modernized somehow. If you just want deep modern games, buy those. They're making plenty every year.
There are a lot of pinball players who don't have a ton of interest in that style, and just want the simpler 90s rules. They're perfectly happy to have a game with beautiful art, a great theme, shoots well, and a ruleset that fun and easy to understand. Many people aren't good enough to see the wizard mode every session they step up still.
Pinside is full of new new new new discussions, the hot threads are usually "what's next" and people wanting that. Which is fine. But it can lull you into thinking that represents more of the pinball buying/playing population than it does.
BBB is rare, but it's also classic. It's not sought after only because it's rare, though that's clearly part of the mystique. If someone remakes it I'd have no problem with say colorizing the DMD, but I hope they don't overly fuck with it. Let it be the game it is already.

Exactly...
I'm in.

#175 1 year ago

I’d be all over a CGC BBBr….sign me up!

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

but I hope they don't overly fuck with it. Let it be the game it is already.

They could easily have the old code selectable via dual flipper button hold and modern fresh code ready to go out of the box.
No fuss no muss. Both are welcome!

#177 1 year ago

I've only had the chance to play BBB three or four times at Banning, but absolutely loved it... so the old code would be new to me...
New extended code would be cool but, not a necessity.
Current CGC or American pricing would be ideal.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

They could easily have the old code selectable via dual flipper button hold and modern fresh code ready to go out of the box.
No fuss no muss. Both are welcome!

Exactly how Cactus Canyon Remake works. New code and graphics is default; original code (and graphics) are selectable (though in the settings).

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Exactly how Cactus Canyon Remake works. New code and graphics is default; original code (and graphics) are selectable (though in the settings).

Please don't let CGC do this game ...

#180 1 year ago

Would love to see this, hope this rumor turns out to be true

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Please don't let CGC do this game ...

CGC have the best build quality from any of the manufacturers. Price is easier on the wallet too. I think once demand cools off, CGC will be fine. They can make around 10 - 12 games per day. I think they are beating that at the moment..

#182 1 year ago

They had me at Big Bang… years ago. This machine is just some retro-sci-fi 90’s campy schtick that shoots and plays well. It’s been sought after by the teaming pinball hordes for reasons many, and it’s biggest problem was always because it was under produced. I’ve played many copies over the years at expos and in my pin league, a couple collectors have/had them. Always fun to put up a GC once in a while.

#183 1 year ago

Well i hope they get rid of that ugly speaker panel. Always looked like they made it quickly as a place holder since it doesn't match up very well with the rest of the BBB art.

#184 1 year ago

CGC have the best build quality from any of the manufacturers

Agreed.

Need my faith restored after the CCR train wreck...

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Agreed.
Need my faith restored after the CCR train wreck...

It only seems to be the CCrLE. Other CC games have even made it to Australia.

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

Capcom closed. Weren't successful apparently in selling to Sega, though some things like slingshot mechs look familiar.

Williams bought the rights to BBB. Had two of them. Disassembled one of them. This is the one later sold, reassembled and appeared at shows, usually not working. I don't know what cabinet Williams had it in, prototypes often were placed in other cabinets. They had a white wood playfield with some artwork. No idea on mechs used or plastics. Board set in the head was Williams. Lyman was working on the software.

Then the project ended. Maybe P2K was developing faster than expected. Wasn't time to get the Williams BBB out after Cactus Canyon yet before P2K.

And as rare as Capcom BBB's are. There was at one point a prototype Williams BBB in development. Only the bare playfield with some artwork remains.

LTG : )

#187 1 year ago

Other CC games have even made it to Australia.

If true ... even more upsetting...
But thanks for the update .

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If true ... even more upsetting...
But thanks for the update .

Australian distro got 2 games delivered earlier this month.

#189 1 year ago

Australian distro got 2 games delivered earlier this month

Must be a difference in the UL as opposed to our invisible border

#190 1 year ago

Definitely interested in this, played it at Banning every time I went there and loved it. Although I also like Asteroid Annie and Alien Poker so I think I just enjoy alien bar themed games.

#191 1 year ago

If CGC's doing BBB they're gonna have to upgrade their flippers, coz their current implementation is not gonna make that ramp shot consistently, if at all. I've heard the ramp was a challenge for the WPC implementation and I haven't played a CGC game yet that can match the strength of a WPC. Capcom flippers can make it no problem but they're designed and built like a brick shithouse.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

https://www.facebook.com/100064349156471/posts/pfbid02TtVmc8YiX6PuGXDvSmPaEx4f9d8WzLAbmPHWLVKP2dGnKkXZCBGSJUcnGSppSzfFl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

I am not sure about that. Australian machines normally go out after Europe so I think we are still in for quite a wait for LEs.

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Capcom closed. Weren't successful apparently in selling to Sega, though some things like slingshot mechs look familiar.
Williams bought the rights to BBB. Had two of them. Disassembled one of them. This is the one later sold, reassembled and appeared at shows, usually not working. I don't know what cabinet Williams had it in, prototypes often were placed in other cabinets. They had a white wood playfield with some artwork. No idea on mechs used or plastics. Board set in the head was Williams. Lyman was working on the software.
Then the project ended. Maybe P2K was developing faster than expected. Wasn't time to get the Williams BBB out after Cactus Canyon yet before P2K.
And as rare as Capcom BBB's are. There was at one point a prototype Williams BBB in development. Only the bare playfield with some artwork remains.
LTG : )

https://www.flippers.be/pinball/capcom/bigbangbar/bigbangbar.html

#194 1 year ago

Spooky pinball can do that ?

i would like to buy another one for me !
I regret that my brother sold his EXPP

#195 1 year ago

the testers / approvers are probably just having fun playing their game . . .

Quoted from transprtr4u:

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

the testers / approvers are probably just having fun playing their game .

Lol

#197 1 year ago

hopefully not your game . . .

#198 1 year ago

The story and history surrounding the first remake is almost as entertaining as the game. Here's an awesome write up on it and Gene

Its not the deepest but its one of the most fun pins you'll ever play. I loved the 2 aliens (ball locks) that were egg you on to drink. The lighting, music and sounds are spot on. The artwork by Stan Fukuoka is bad ass. The moaning from the tube dancer and waitress call outs never bothered me. If you're worried about double "en tangas" similar to any Elvira or have issues with a naked Barbie doll/tube dancer then this game wont be for you. I owned one for 11 years before selling but as you can tell, I may be in for another remake if it happens.

f75a2ebebf653562cd1ae16109b5caa0ac4b29b5 (resized).jpgf75a2ebebf653562cd1ae16109b5caa0ac4b29b5 (resized).jpg

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You've whined about this in 77 different threads. We get it, you hate CGC.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

You've whined about this in 77 different threads. We get it, you hate CGC.

Only company that can't get a game out ...
But thanks for following ...

This is why I hope CGC , doesn't get the contract .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 465 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-re-make-2023/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.