Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

016343C4-F724-41B7-A7C3-E844F70FB59F (resized).jpeg
318e6c6a7514f913c68cf8ff2bf68a5f--old-bottles-very-interesting (resized).jpg
6164 (resized).jpg
7c8fd8e7cf10339afdb0ca92b81ceea3 (resized).png
unnamed-5 copy (resized).jpg
rollerskating-hippos-three-pink-tutus-roller-skate-walt-disney-world-holiday-parade-43538545 (resized).jpg
abb2eca6e65d494c6e4b3f323565f0c6--hungry-hungry-hippos-hungry-funny (resized).jpg
screen-shot-06-13-17-at-07-11-pm (resized).png
tumblr_lr1f32l1pw1qzjp8h2.gif
QMMb.gif
index (resized).jpg
i want it now (resized).jpg
4AC0FB84-943E-491C-800F-D85BCBBA8423 (resized).jpeg
60d.gif
57b39b3993dff.image (resized).jpg
C5EA22B5-8ECB-444A-9D35-4C33BB1808DA (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gmkalos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago

Seems like your kinda exploiting an old mans life for your own personal gain. The whole story is out there and for FREE!

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/3/21/14937540/history-of-big-bang-bar-pinball

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

Keep in mind this DVD was done many, many, many years ago. Long before the Polygon article. Probably 8+ years before the Polygon article. And there are things that are incorrect in the polygon article. Al was one of the closest to the project other than team members and former team members.
When we did it so long ago, it was 100% to benefit the Pinball Hall of Fame and their building fund. We gave them the master, they copied the hell out of it and sold it to all. The only reason Al is putting this out there for sale again is that people were asking about it since it appears that both the PHOF and the Pingame Journal do not seem able to ship them anymore.
To this day, neither Al nor I have made a single penny on the BBB documentary, or Pins and Vids Vol 1 and Vol 2 for that matter. And last count there were over 5,000 copies of all four volumes sold.
It's 99% Al's video for Volume 3. I only did the road trip video, he did the rest of it. So I have no problem if he wants to charge $10 for it to try and help compensate for his time to get it back out there for those that want it.
Paul

Oh so its ok for the PHOF to reep the rewards of Gene's downfall you still made the documentary. King of all douchebags Tim Arnold profited on it and not Gene which is fucked up, considering it's his tumultuous life he lived not any one of you bottom feeders.

Talk about kicking someone when there down!

#48 5 years ago

Who cares how much good money you threw after a bad idea like making this doc in the first place, that's your own stupidity. No matter what you may think the simple fact is that your profiting off someone else's demise which just morally bankrupt man. If you released it for free or profiting Gene which i'm sure he could use in his old age I'd have no problem with it at all. Don't blame Pinside or my criticisms for your bad mistakes 5,000 copies sold went to profit PHOF instead of Gene and that is a absolute travesty the damage has already been done. BBB would just be a footnote in history if it weren't for Gene Cunningham!

#50 5 years ago

You do realize Gene is the one who single handily resurrected BBB right? And this whole entanglement is his story first and foremost!

#52 5 years ago

In my eyes anything to do with this project originates from Gene and I'd never support anybody profiting off someone's downfall period. I've read the story a few times thanks to the FREE article online, and have made my own conclusions of that poor man.

Personally I'd love to see it I'm a huge movie guy and have a pinball FB page devoted just to vintage pinball footage and cool docs like this...but it sours me too much to think PHOF is reeping the rewards of this documentary over a person CLEARLY in the need who it's essentially all about? Too ironic for me my man.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

#54 5 years ago

Dude you think I'm trolling you I'm flat out calling you out on this bs!

5,000 copies sold profiting Tim Arnold and his "dream" to get people addicted to his games so he can play with his Gottlieb em collection all day! lol

vs

100 Copies for a beaten old MAN THIS VIDEO IS ALL ABOUT!!!

that's laughable

You & Tim and NOT GENE are profiting over Gene Cunningham's trials and tribulations, over a game he brought back from the dead and more importantly his direct account of his own life!!!!!

Somebody should remake this documentary, this time make sure it benefits Gene and not some organization or someone who has literally nothing to do with Illinois Pinball or the creation and downfall of Big Bang Bar.

I mean your literally acting like this is some small chunk of change raised? With 5,000 copies sold at $10-20 a pop that's $50,000-$100,000 that certainly would have helped out this old man who lost almost everything he had!
57b39b3993dff.image (resized).jpg57b39b3993dff.image (resized).jpg

#58 5 years ago

(edited)

#60 5 years ago

Sorry I'm not up on my Pinside legal law lol

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

As an ad-supported site, Polygon is making money off that story.

Well that should be addressed too. My heart goes out to Gene he put everything he had on the line to make his company, a small American start up that supported all pinball enthusiasts. With this new BBB remake in the works I just hope there thinking of him, a special Cunningham edition with proceeds sporting him would be so right.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

To be clear, the 5,000 number was not only the BBB documentary, but all four volumes combined.
This was done with Gene's blessing originally. It does not cover the downfall of Gene. This was done way back when the games were shipped.

This whole story makes me sick because it ends on such a downote! Regardless of Genes downfall you set out to make a documentary and profit off of another companies game which is fine. I can't say you made x amount of dollars before and after Gene's downfall but sure seems like you have no intention of giving him any of the profits now from the sales of these DVD's and defiantly did not give him any of the profits from the previous sales either (a considerable amount of money) oh except for 2% of the discs. lol

If you're making $100 or $100,000 profit off this documentary the story of BBB from the time Gene found the blueprints in the back of Capcom's warehouse to the time he lost Illinois Pinball is his life story. And morally considering his disposition now he should be the only one reaping the rewards from anything to do with this pinball machine or his company while it was under his reign. Especially considering that he gave so much to make them at a personal loss of something like $3K each.

I'm glad to hear your documentary was not as distasteful as the article showing Gene at his lowest point after loosing almost everything he had to his name in the fire and being denied the insurance claim. But don't paint yourself in a different light your profiting over one mans accomplishments, one man who lost hundreds of thousands of dollars building all the BBB pins you all love and cherish and are profiting on by the thousands. One man who could use to be paid forward today.

#80 5 years ago

Bunch of f'n bottom feeders here man!

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
1 week later
#107 5 years ago

Here's a few cool BBB videos I dug up on youtube...currently sanctioned by Gene! lol

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I may have to order another to support you guys!

screen-shot-06-13-17-at-07-11-pm (resized).pngscreen-shot-06-13-17-at-07-11-pm (resized).png
#121 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Is that a picture of you having another DUI George?

No Mike unfortunately I don't drink sorry to disappoint you and your little cop buddies. Nice avatar pic I never had a stalker before, just don't eat me ok...well you can eat a ****! haha

abb2eca6e65d494c6e4b3f323565f0c6--hungry-hungry-hippos-hungry-funny (resized).jpgabb2eca6e65d494c6e4b3f323565f0c6--hungry-hungry-hippos-hungry-funny (resized).jpg
#123 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Cops? All public info man... have another one while trolling this tread and sending me incoherent profanity filled PMs. If you can't take a thumbs down for your negative comments in this thread then move on.

Says the person with obviously too much free time and no life! lol I don't know what you think you've dug up on me weirdo, but I can assure you never had a DUI and certainly no alcoholic emo douche like you're being here...I think you've been swimming in the bottle for too long seeing any pink hippos?

rollerskating-hippos-three-pink-tutus-roller-skate-walt-disney-world-holiday-parade-43538545 (resized).jpgrollerskating-hippos-three-pink-tutus-roller-skate-walt-disney-world-holiday-parade-43538545 (resized).jpg
#124 5 years ago

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. You want me to open the floodgates lets pry...

This is your proprietor of this all so coveted lost documentary. A guy who sneakily tries to entrap Gene Cunningham in some seedy Pinside sleuthing along with his buddy Pinball Inc who did all kinds of shady side deals further ripping off Gene. Then Al (the maker of this doc) tries to convince people not to buy any of his games, telling people Gene's $50K worth of pins are all junk in a desperate time for Gene financially...some friend. I spoke with Gene recently and believe me he is no friend to him, and Al has been selling this DVD out of spite or this is some kind of payback or something. Some gratitude without Gene, his $300K and willingness to make this game none of you chuckleheads (incliding you habo) would have ever made such a tidy profit on your measly investment...so bow down and kiss the ring!

Read the threads for yourself...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-money-for-anyone-who-bought-a-pinball-machine-from-gene-cunningham/page/2

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/180-pinball-machine-lot-50000
unnamed-5 copy (resized).jpgunnamed-5 copy (resized).jpg

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

If he wanted to charge $4500 for a game when he threw another $3000 into each one then who's fault is that?

And if someone makes a $10K profit selling said game and then goes on a forum bashing the man what kind of shit does that show? This jinky thread is riddled with comments like "Gene did finally finish the game" "pigs flew" hey it was because he pored a lot of his capitol into your unappreciative douchy pockets and made these 191 games! Stop trying to justify you're own guilt here with calling him an ass, of course he was pissed off he lost almost everything in the Pinball biz probably from dealing with two-faced back stabbing collectors like you guys!

sick burn...I'm out talk amongst yourselves lol

7c8fd8e7cf10339afdb0ca92b81ceea3 (resized).png7c8fd8e7cf10339afdb0ca92b81ceea3 (resized).png
#131 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

NO ONE is bashing Gene here. Its all in your head you psycho.

Yea that's rich, supporting the sale of this DVD is bashing him. Sorry you needed the Cliff's on that one dumb-dumb. lol

6164 (resized).jpg6164 (resized).jpg
#132 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

He burned every single bridge and he’s broke because of it.

Oh yea so you guys decided to profit off of his misfortune selling these DVD's over the last 5 years while supporting PHOF in an effort to get closer to Circus Maximus to further you're own project...a two-fer!

318e6c6a7514f913c68cf8ff2bf68a5f--old-bottles-very-interesting (resized).jpg318e6c6a7514f913c68cf8ff2bf68a5f--old-bottles-very-interesting (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gmkalos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-documentary?tu=gmkalos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.