Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

016343C4-F724-41B7-A7C3-E844F70FB59F (resized).jpeg
318e6c6a7514f913c68cf8ff2bf68a5f--old-bottles-very-interesting (resized).jpg
6164 (resized).jpg
7c8fd8e7cf10339afdb0ca92b81ceea3 (resized).png
unnamed-5 copy (resized).jpg
rollerskating-hippos-three-pink-tutus-roller-skate-walt-disney-world-holiday-parade-43538545 (resized).jpg
abb2eca6e65d494c6e4b3f323565f0c6--hungry-hungry-hippos-hungry-funny (resized).jpg
screen-shot-06-13-17-at-07-11-pm (resized).png
tumblr_lr1f32l1pw1qzjp8h2.gif
QMMb.gif
index (resized).jpg
i want it now (resized).jpg
4AC0FB84-943E-491C-800F-D85BCBBA8423 (resized).jpeg
60d.gif
57b39b3993dff.image (resized).jpg
C5EA22B5-8ECB-444A-9D35-4C33BB1808DA (resized).png
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago

Ordered

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Can you elaborate? I was one of the buyers and in the project the entire time it was being built but don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

I think he’s trying to say that it was the efforts of many people that made the game a reality. He was arguing with a troll. Heck, I was the one that announced the ship date! TOG confirmed it the following day. Gene told me to.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I hope you made a lot more than 11.....

They are made on-demand. All automated. You order it, it creates the disc, puts a wrapper around it, puts it in an envelope, and sends it out. Pretty cool actually. We really thank everyone for the encouragement you’ve given us.

1 week later
#104 5 years ago

Has anyone gotten their discs yet? Just curious.

#105 5 years ago

Yupp, got mine and watched it yesterday. Well done video!!
Makes me wish I would have gotten in on the release of BBB back in the day.

#106 5 years ago

Got mine, haven't watched it yet.

#107 5 years ago

Here's a few cool BBB videos I dug up on youtube...currently sanctioned by Gene! lol

#108 5 years ago

Yes, got mine. Haven't watched yet.

#109 5 years ago

Thanks guys, I wanted to be sure that everyone was getting them. We've got 10 on order as well but they do bulk orders differently. We appreciate your support!

#110 5 years ago

Got mine. Watched it!

#111 5 years ago

Mine arrived today!

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Here's a few cool BBB videos I dug up on youtube...currently sanctioned by Gene! lol

tumblr_lr1f32l1pw1qzjp8h2.giftumblr_lr1f32l1pw1qzjp8h2.gif
#113 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Still waiting on ours (ordered on June 28), but we are in Australia (our postal system is fairly slow at best). We haven't received any shipping / tracking details, only the PayPal confirmation via 'Data Boy Design". Can't wait to receive it & watch it

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Still waiting on ours (ordered on June 28), but we are in Australia (our postal system is fairly slow at best). We haven't received any shipping / tracking details, only the PayPal confirmation via 'Data Boy Design". Can't wait to receive it & watch it

We saw that one go through the system (we get reports). They ship from Las Vegas, NV if that adds anything to the time calculation. If it doesn’t arrive, PM me and we’ll inquire with the duplicator.

Thanks to everyone.

#115 5 years ago

Still waiting for mine. Last I checked it was still at canadian customs.

#116 5 years ago

Just ordered mine, cant wait till I watch this.
Brisbane
Australia

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I may have to order another to support you guys!

screen-shot-06-13-17-at-07-11-pm (resized).pngscreen-shot-06-13-17-at-07-11-pm (resized).png
#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Still waiting for mine. Last I checked it was still at canadian customs.

Came in the mail today!

#120 5 years ago

Is that a picture of you having another DUI George?

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Is that a picture of you having another DUI George?

No Mike unfortunately I don't drink sorry to disappoint you and your little cop buddies. Nice avatar pic I never had a stalker before, just don't eat me ok...well you can eat a ****! haha

abb2eca6e65d494c6e4b3f323565f0c6--hungry-hungry-hippos-hungry-funny (resized).jpgabb2eca6e65d494c6e4b3f323565f0c6--hungry-hungry-hippos-hungry-funny (resized).jpg
#122 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

No Mike unfortunately I don't drink sorry to disappoint you and your little cop buddies. Nice avatar pic I never had a stalker before, just don't eat me ok...well you can eat a ****! haha

Cops? All public info man... have another one while trolling this tread and sending me incoherent profanity filled PMs. If you can't take a thumbs down for your negative comments in this thread then move on.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Cops? All public info man... have another one while trolling this tread and sending me incoherent profanity filled PMs. If you can't take a thumbs down for your negative comments in this thread then move on.

Says the person with obviously too much free time and no life! lol I don't know what you think you've dug up on me weirdo, but I can assure you never had a DUI and certainly no alcoholic emo douche like you're being here...I think you've been swimming in the bottle for too long seeing any pink hippos?

rollerskating-hippos-three-pink-tutus-roller-skate-walt-disney-world-holiday-parade-43538545 (resized).jpgrollerskating-hippos-three-pink-tutus-roller-skate-walt-disney-world-holiday-parade-43538545 (resized).jpg
#124 5 years ago

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. You want me to open the floodgates lets pry...

This is your proprietor of this all so coveted lost documentary. A guy who sneakily tries to entrap Gene Cunningham in some seedy Pinside sleuthing along with his buddy Pinball Inc who did all kinds of shady side deals further ripping off Gene. Then Al (the maker of this doc) tries to convince people not to buy any of his games, telling people Gene's $50K worth of pins are all junk in a desperate time for Gene financially...some friend. I spoke with Gene recently and believe me he is no friend to him, and Al has been selling this DVD out of spite or this is some kind of payback or something. Some gratitude without Gene, his $300K and willingness to make this game none of you chuckleheads (incliding you habo) would have ever made such a tidy profit on your measly investment...so bow down and kiss the ring!

Read the threads for yourself...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-money-for-anyone-who-bought-a-pinball-machine-from-gene-cunningham/page/2

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/180-pinball-machine-lot-50000
unnamed-5 copy (resized).jpgunnamed-5 copy (resized).jpg

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. You want me to open the floodgates lets pry...
This is your proprietor of this all so coveted lost documentary. A guy who sneakily tries to entrap Gene Cunningham in some seedy Pinside sleuthing along with his buddy Pinball Inc who did all kinds of shady side deals further ripping off Gene. Then Al (the maker of this doc) tries to convince people not to buy any of his games, telling people Gene's $50K worth of pins are all junk in a desperate time for Gene financially...some friend. I spoke with Gene recently and believe me he is no friend to him, and Al has been selling this DVD out of spite or this is some kind of payback or something. Some gratitude without Gene, his $300K and willingness to make this game none of you chuckleheads (incliding you habo) would have ever made such a tidy profit on your measly investment...so bow down and kiss the ring!
Read the threads for yourself...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cash-money-for-anyone-who-bought-a-pinball-machine-from-gene-cunningham/page/2
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/180-pinball-machine-lot-50000

Gene has his place in pinball history. Those two topics is evidence that he made some terrible business decisions which he has no one to blame on himself. No one owes him money or anything else for that matter. If he wanted to charge $4500 for a game when he threw another $3000 into each one then who's fault is that?

No one was being negative here until Genes chunky love child showed up. Grow up and play nice with others you blubbery drunk.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Then Al (the maker of this doc) tries to convince people not to buy any of his games, telling people Gene's $50K worth of pins are all junk in a desperate time for Gene financially...some friend.

You obviously never saw Gene's Collection in person.

He did have some nicer games, such as the ones he had listed separately with prices, but the vast majority of them were in a building which the ceiling was falling down and leaking. I personally saw them and have video somewhere when we walked through the "collection" where ceiling tiles and other crap was on top of the games since it had fallen down on them. This was many years before he tried to sell them in the bulk sale so they likely deteriorated even further since I saw them.

There was a smaller building where the nicer games were setup, and the area where Wizard Blocks and the Pin2k games were was in good condition. The rest in the bigger part of the warehouse games was overall not something worth buying.

A large part of pinball history was lost in Gene's various warehouses as filing cabinets filled with pinball history was destroyed from roof leaks. We are talking about original engineering diagrams and game archives from Bally/Williams history. Stuff that just was reduced to a pile of pulp from water damage.

Gene deserves credit for getting BBB completed, but he also deserves many of the other negative comments about him. You can't cherry pick the positive and ignore all the negative and try and portray yourself as a beacon of truth.

#127 5 years ago

As my good friend stated. We did see the collection and my words were a warning to potential buyers that they shouldn’t buy sight unseen. Gene had the largest collection in the world at the time. That didn’t mean they worked or were playable. I’d estimate that maybe 20% of his collection was playable. Which is still a lot but what he was selling at that point wasn’t the top end stuff. He tried to hold onto that stuff. All I can say is that anyone who dealt with Gene in a big way during the pinball years usually wishes that they hadn’t. He burned every single bridge and he’s broke because of it.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

If he wanted to charge $4500 for a game when he threw another $3000 into each one then who's fault is that?

And if someone makes a $10K profit selling said game and then goes on a forum bashing the man what kind of shit does that show? This jinky thread is riddled with comments like "Gene did finally finish the game" "pigs flew" hey it was because he pored a lot of his capitol into your unappreciative douchy pockets and made these 191 games! Stop trying to justify you're own guilt here with calling him an ass, of course he was pissed off he lost almost everything in the Pinball biz probably from dealing with two-faced back stabbing collectors like you guys!

sick burn...I'm out talk amongst yourselves lol

7c8fd8e7cf10339afdb0ca92b81ceea3 (resized).png7c8fd8e7cf10339afdb0ca92b81ceea3 (resized).png
#129 5 years ago

Whos the one with too much free time?

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

And if someone makes a $10K profit selling said game and then goes on a forum bashing the man what kind of shit does that show?

NO ONE is bashing Gene here. Its all in your head you psycho.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

NO ONE is bashing Gene here. Its all in your head you psycho.

Yea that's rich, supporting the sale of this DVD is bashing him. Sorry you needed the Cliff's on that one dumb-dumb. lol

6164 (resized).jpg6164 (resized).jpg
#132 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

He burned every single bridge and he’s broke because of it.

Oh yea so you guys decided to profit off of his misfortune selling these DVD's over the last 5 years while supporting PHOF in an effort to get closer to Circus Maximus to further you're own project...a two-fer!

318e6c6a7514f913c68cf8ff2bf68a5f--old-bottles-very-interesting (resized).jpg318e6c6a7514f913c68cf8ff2bf68a5f--old-bottles-very-interesting (resized).jpg

#133 5 years ago

Wow!... sorry i asked! Lol

#134 5 years ago

I’d just like to note that we only re-released the video because it was asked for in this thread. It hasn’t really been available for over 5 years. People who buy it will see what relationship we had with everyone involved. It was an amazing time and the people who made the game are heroes for doing it. What happened after the project completed was unfortunate but was not caused by others trying to hurt the Cunninghams, but by others trying to protect themselves from poor decisions that The Cunninghams we’re making against them.

I’m sorry that what happened, happened but it is also part of pinball history.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Who cares how much good money you threw after a bad idea like making this doc in the first place, that's your own stupidity. No matter what you may think the simple fact is that your profiting off someone else's demise which just morally bankrupt man. If you released it for free or profiting Gene which i'm sure he could use in his old age I'd have no problem with it at all. Don't blame Pinside or my criticisms for your bad mistakes 5,000 copies sold went to profit PHOF instead of Gene and that is a absolute travesty the damage has already been done. BBB would just be a footnote in history if it weren't for Gene Cunningham!

so all the movies about the rise and fall of people should all stop to exist and produce money, because everything goes to shit for the person that it was about? So the people who filmed things like the De Lorean documentary should just stop selling them even with the time , and money spent to make it, just because shit went downhill? That's ignorance.

#136 5 years ago

normally when a book or movie is discussed this much, it indicates a public awareness or buzz and that translates into enhanced demand. This might be the one instance in recorded history when that was not the case. Sorry you guys won't be retiring millionaires

#137 5 years ago

Hey Awarner... maybe u could throw me a copy on the house??
Hope this thread sells more for you in the future.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Hey Awarner... maybe u could throw me a copy on the house??
Hope this thread sells more for you in the future.

PM Sent

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

normally when a book or movie is discussed this much, it indicates a public awareness or buzz and that translates into enhanced demand. This might be the one instance in recorded history when that was not the case. Sorry you guys won't be retiring millionaires

Yeah, we’re really not getting rich! The thing was, I wasn’t trying to. When we were shooting Pins & Vids 2, I was also buying my BBB. I was fortunate enough to be in the right place, at the right time for some of the clips. I had so much stuff collected that a BBB video just had to be made. It’s part of pinball history.

I mean, I convinced a friend that was really a video game guy to set up two cameras that he had already packed away to capture Gene’s talk at Allentown, years before the project was even close. I had him send me a digital copy of the “I think” Hi-8 (analog) tapes and I found out that the tapes had stretched and wouldn’t stay in sync. Multi-Cam editing doesn’t work well when you have tapes running at different speeds. It took a couple of hours to edit that brief sequence to get it to look as good as it does (and it’s still not great). But it was BBB history and it needed to be preserved.

That was the thing, I have been fortunate to be around incredible people in this hobby and it’s cool to have a record of it. When you include travel and equipment expenses, there are thousands invested in those videos. It doesn’t matter because it was all part of the hobby for me.

#140 5 years ago

Very cool that there is a documentary out there. But, c'mon, it's 2018. Is streaming not easier than making and shipping physical DVD's?

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Very cool that there is a documentary out there. But, c'mon, it's 2018. Is streaming not easier than making and shipping physical DVD's?

In this case the manufacturing and shipping of them is entirely automated. So that was the easiest for Al since this was already a DVD that was made many years ago and it had the menus, extras, commentary tracks, etc on it already setup and ready to go.

#142 5 years ago

Ordered one today, the chance to own (vs stream) a bit of history

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

In this case the manufacturing and shipping of them is entirely automated. So that was the easiest for Al since this was already a DVD that was made many years ago and it had the menus, extras, commentary tracks, etc on it already setup and ready to go.

It was fun to put together the new packaging. When it was originally released, we made covers to put in the slim CD case but after they ran out, I think discs were just written on with a magic marker and mailed cheapest way. A couple of people on the BBB forum put together their own fan cases and I had a few of them but they didn't translate to today.

Off topic - we are planning a "Last DVD" about Python Anghelo. He was a good friend of ours and we miss him. I have a 45 minute interview he shot with me in December of 2012.

Anyway, the discs are cool and while the content is dated, it's pretty awesome as well because it's live history.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

#144 5 years ago

It has arrived! Can’t wait to watch it.

016343C4-F724-41B7-A7C3-E844F70FB59F (resized).jpeg016343C4-F724-41B7-A7C3-E844F70FB59F (resized).jpeg
#145 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

It has arrived! Can’t wait to watch it.

Awesome!!! I hope you enjoy it!

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Mine came over the weekend. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but looking forward to it. Thanks!

#147 5 years ago

I have my original copies I bought thought the PHOF many moons ago, but I am gladly buying a copy with a proper case and art. HUGE fan of Pins N Vids, thanks for doing this for those who weren’t around the first time.

2 years later
#148 3 years ago

Resurrecting this thread to see if there’s another chance to watch this documentary, or if there’s a YouTube link?

Or if there’s a slight chance to purchase a dvd somewhere?

#149 3 years ago

Can you order it here? I haven't tried myself.

http://www.pinsandvids.com/our-videos/

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Can you order it here? I haven't tried myself.
http://www.pinsandvids.com/our-videos/

You can. I did after begging them to put it online to pay per view.
They partner with a company that makes the DVD/case and ships them out as soon as you press order.
So despite being locked into physical media, at least it's efficient and ships fast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-documentary/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.