Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

016343C4-F724-41B7-A7C3-E844F70FB59F (resized).jpeg
318e6c6a7514f913c68cf8ff2bf68a5f--old-bottles-very-interesting (resized).jpg
6164 (resized).jpg
7c8fd8e7cf10339afdb0ca92b81ceea3 (resized).png
unnamed-5 copy (resized).jpg
rollerskating-hippos-three-pink-tutus-roller-skate-walt-disney-world-holiday-parade-43538545 (resized).jpg
abb2eca6e65d494c6e4b3f323565f0c6--hungry-hungry-hippos-hungry-funny (resized).jpg
screen-shot-06-13-17-at-07-11-pm (resized).png
tumblr_lr1f32l1pw1qzjp8h2.gif
QMMb.gif
index (resized).jpg
i want it now (resized).jpg
4AC0FB84-943E-491C-800F-D85BCBBA8423 (resized).jpeg
60d.gif
57b39b3993dff.image (resized).jpg
C5EA22B5-8ECB-444A-9D35-4C33BB1808DA (resized).png
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

You do realize Gene is the one who single handily resurrected BBB right?

That is true. Gene dreamed about making BBB and resurrected it from the dusty drawing bin. He made many choices along the way, some good and some not so much, but he remained focused and accomplished what he promised to do. This documentary isn't an oral version of the article, it is separate and it covers other aspects and has an uplifting vibe. My main gripes are that it does not dig deep enough into what those obstacles were or address any difficult subject matter. Did Al's personal relationship with Gene prevent him from looking deeper or exposing more? No, the documentary focuses on the achievement - BBB pinball was made and pigs flew. This documentary is a piece of the puzzle ... a story inside the story.

Do you remember watching Rocky and getting pumped up when Stalone was training in the streets of Philly to the tune of Gonna Fly Now? Or when Stallone gets in the fighting ring and they play Eye of the Tiger, you become energized right? Well, after watching this video, you'll feel like buying a BBB. I know I did ... and then I did.

awarner did Gene ever watch the documentary or give his impression? I'll bet he was happy to see the story highlighted, while painting himself in a flattering light. If you haven't had a chance to watch it, consider picking up a copy for $10. Al's effort to resurrect this movie is more of a public service and it doesn't begin to repay project costs. I purchased a dvd ten years ago and still have it. If you pm me your mailing address, I'll buy and mail you a new copy when Al gets them ready.

#52 5 years ago

In my eyes anything to do with this project originates from Gene and I'd never support anybody profiting off someone's downfall period. I've read the story a few times thanks to the FREE article online, and have made my own conclusions of that poor man.

Personally I'd love to see it I'm a huge movie guy and have a pinball FB page devoted just to vintage pinball footage and cool docs like this...but it sours me too much to think PHOF is reeping the rewards of this documentary over a person CLEARLY in the need who it's essentially all about? Too ironic for me my man.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529515124038768/

#53 5 years ago

I wasn’t planning to respond to this thread anymore because of the troll activity. But in answer to your question. We gave Gene 100 copies to give away or sell as he wanted to. He had a couple of his own shows in Bloomington that he did during Expo because he was banned. He had the video playing non-stop. I actually mastered a copy that continuously repeated so he could play it in a booth or project it. So he did endorse and profit from the video. And it does show his accomplishment. And everyone that I talk to about Gene, no matter what the negative things that are said, we always end with “He did finish Big Bang Bar”.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

awarner did Gene ever watch the documentary or give his impression? I'll bet he was satisfied with the final product as it was focused on the making BBB all the while painting Gene in a positive light.

#54 5 years ago

Dude you think I'm trolling you I'm flat out calling you out on this bs!

5,000 copies sold profiting Tim Arnold and his "dream" to get people addicted to his games so he can play with his Gottlieb em collection all day! lol

vs

100 Copies for a beaten old MAN THIS VIDEO IS ALL ABOUT!!!

that's laughable

You & Tim and NOT GENE are profiting over Gene Cunningham's trials and tribulations, over a game he brought back from the dead and more importantly his direct account of his own life!!!!!

Somebody should remake this documentary, this time make sure it benefits Gene and not some organization or someone who has literally nothing to do with Illinois Pinball or the creation and downfall of Big Bang Bar.

I mean your literally acting like this is some small chunk of change raised? With 5,000 copies sold at $10-20 a pop that's $50,000-$100,000 that certainly would have helped out this old man who lost almost everything he had!
57b39b3993dff.image (resized).jpg57b39b3993dff.image (resized).jpg

#58 5 years ago

(edited)

#60 5 years ago

Sorry I'm not up on my Pinside legal law lol

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Seems like your kinda exploiting an old mans life for your own personal gain. The whole story is out there and for FREE!

As an ad-supported site, Polygon is making money off that story.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

As an ad-supported site, Polygon is making money off that story.

Well that should be addressed too. My heart goes out to Gene he put everything he had on the line to make his company, a small American start up that supported all pinball enthusiasts. With this new BBB remake in the works I just hope there thinking of him, a special Cunningham edition with proceeds sporting him would be so right.

#63 5 years ago

To be clear, the 5,000 number was not only the BBB documentary, but all four volumes combined.

This was done with Gene's blessing originally. It does not cover the downfall of Gene. This was done way back when the games were shipped.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

To be clear, the 5,000 number was not only the BBB documentary, but all four volumes combined.
This was done with Gene's blessing originally. It does not cover the downfall of Gene. This was done way back when the games were shipped.

This whole story makes me sick because it ends on such a downote! Regardless of Genes downfall you set out to make a documentary and profit off of another companies game which is fine. I can't say you made x amount of dollars before and after Gene's downfall but sure seems like you have no intention of giving him any of the profits now from the sales of these DVD's and defiantly did not give him any of the profits from the previous sales either (a considerable amount of money) oh except for 2% of the discs. lol

If you're making $100 or $100,000 profit off this documentary the story of BBB from the time Gene found the blueprints in the back of Capcom's warehouse to the time he lost Illinois Pinball is his life story. And morally considering his disposition now he should be the only one reaping the rewards from anything to do with this pinball machine or his company while it was under his reign. Especially considering that he gave so much to make them at a personal loss of something like $3K each.

I'm glad to hear your documentary was not as distasteful as the article showing Gene at his lowest point after loosing almost everything he had to his name in the fire and being denied the insurance claim. But don't paint yourself in a different light your profiting over one mans accomplishments, one man who lost hundreds of thousands of dollars building all the BBB pins you all love and cherish and are profiting on by the thousands. One man who could use to be paid forward today.

#67 5 years ago

This troll has about 20 years of RGP archives to read up on Gene.

If he had, he probably wouldn't be so defensive for a 'poor beaten old man.'

#68 5 years ago

gmkalos is an official "dickbutt". Look at his forum history and decide for yourself. There aren't enough thumbs to downvote his horseshit over the past 3 years. Here is another turd that is bringing down Pinside.

These guys bust there hump to make a vid on their own time to raise a couple bucks for Tim's PHOF and that's somehow exploitive? So they are supposed to have a crystal ball an know that Gene was going to show poor fiscal responsibility and burn every business relationship he ever created along the way?
60d.gif60d.gif

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

This whole story makes me sick because it ends on such a downote! Regardless of Genes downfall you set out to make a documentary and profit off of another companies game which is fine. I can't say you made x amount of dollars before and after Gene's downfall but sure seems like you have no intention of giving him any of the profits now from the sales of these DVD's and defiantly did not give him any of the profits from the previous sales either (a considerable amount of money) oh except for 2% of the discs. lol
If you're making $100 or $100,000 profit off this documentary the story of BBB from the time Gene found the blueprints in the back of Capcom's warehouse to the time he lost Illinois Pinball is his life story. And morally considering his disposition now he should be the only one reaping the rewards from anything to do with this pinball machine or his company while it was under his reign. Especially considering that he gave so much to make them at a personal loss of something like $3K each.
I'm glad to hear your documentary was not as distasteful as the article showing Gene at his lowest point after loosing almost everything he had to his name in the fire and being denied the insurance claim. But don't paint yourself in a different light your profiting over one mans accomplishments, one man who lost hundreds of thousands of dollars building all the BBB pins you all love and cherish and are profiting on by the thousands. One man who could use to be paid forward today.

Your looking and commenting on this in hindsite...when the documentary was made Gene was not in his downfall, he was at his highlight IMO. It’s my understanding also that Gene had given his blessing on this documentary at the time of its creation.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

You do realize Gene is the one who single handily resurrected BBB right? And this whole entanglement is his story first and foremost!

Gene didn’t single handily resurrected BBB. If it wasn’t for certain people it would of never been completed.
You have no clue what really happened.

#71 5 years ago

4AC0FB84-943E-491C-800F-D85BCBBA8423 (resized).jpeg4AC0FB84-943E-491C-800F-D85BCBBA8423 (resized).jpeg

#72 5 years ago

Does this mean it's available? Not showing on the site.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Does this mean it's available? Not showing on the site.

It’s close. Give me a couple of days! I wanted to test one to be sure it works and it looks good. I also want to add a reminder that I still own http://www.bbbpictures.com if anyone wants to see another view of this amazing piece of pinball history. No ads!

#74 5 years ago

I apologize for my naivete, but are you associated with PHOF or are these going his way to fulfill orders? Or should i cancel my order with PHOF and order this documentary somewhere else?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I apologize for my naivete, but are you associated with PHOF or are these going his way to fulfill orders? Or should i cancel my order with PHOF and order this documentary somewhere else?

Please cancel your order with the PHOF if they can not fulfill it. They are still allowed to sell them but the purpose of us giving them the masters was to help get the PHOF built. That has been done and there’s no reason for them to sell discs anymore (but they can if they want to).

I will be selling the same content in a better package for $10 + shipping. I have not worked for the PHOF or even visited it but I am friends with Tim Arnold but we haven’t spoken in maybe 10 years.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Please cancel your order with the PHOF if they can not fulfill it. They are still allowed to sell them but the purpose of us giving them the masters was to help get the PHOF built. That has been done and there’s no reason for them to sell discs anymore (but they can if they want to).
I will be selling the same content in a better package for $10 + shipping. I have not worked for the PHOF or even visited it but I am friends with Tim Arnold but we haven’t spoken in maybe 10 years.

Thanks for clarification. Point me in the direction of how to buy yours and I will do so.

#77 5 years ago

I want one! NOW!

i want it now (resized).jpgi want it now (resized).jpg
#78 5 years ago

I'm not saying that anything has changed at http://www.pinsandvids.com but I'm not saying it hasn't either. Make sure to look at the Rotate Case option when looking at the details. Fun!

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm not saying that anything has changed at http://www.pinsandvids.com but I'm not saying it hasn't either. Make sure to look at the Rotate Case option when looking at the details. Fun!

Like the case so much I ordered a new copy, thanks for making these available again!

#80 5 years ago

Bunch of f'n bottom feeders here man!

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
#81 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Can you order 3 and 4 with combined shipping ?

#82 5 years ago

Ordered. Appreciate the work..
Thx.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Can you order 3 and 4 with combined shipping ?

Yes, use one of the green buttons at the bottom of the home page. You can add quantities of either to your cart.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Yes, use one of the green buttons at the bottom of the home page. You can add quantities of either to your cart.

Thanks! I was having difficulties doing that from the 'Our Videos' page.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Ejected... I love it.
QMMb.gifQMMb.gif

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Thanks! I was having difficulties doing that from the 'Our Videos' page.

I probably should add those buttons to that page. When we created the page, we only had one thing to sell. Changes...

Thanks!

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Ejected... I love it.

I’ve been asking - glad they took action. It would be different if anyone agreed with him.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Yes, and you're here too! get the fuck out!
..............Just sent payment! Thanks!

#89 5 years ago

where is the link to order?

#90 5 years ago

Just ordered also...Thank you

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Post # 3

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Or post #78

#94 5 years ago

thanks I missed it somehow!

#95 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone who has purchased. We’ve had orders from Australia and Norway. I watched it last week and it brought back some awesome memories about an amazing time in pinball history.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Thanks to everyone who has purchased. We’ve had orders from Australia and Norway. I watched it last week and it brought back some awesome memories about an amazing time in pinball history.

I just ordered mine. Thanks for doing this!

#97 5 years ago

I hope you made a lot more than 11.....

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Oh so its ok for the PHOF to reep the rewards of Gene's downfall you still made the documentary. King of all douchebags Tim Arnold profited on it and not Gene which is fucked up, considering it's his tumultuous life he lived not any one of you bottom feeders.
Talk about kicking someone when there down!

Al's video doesn't even cover the downfall of Gene, it only documents the remaking of BBB, WTF is wrong with you?

#99 5 years ago

I may have to order another to support you guys!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Gene didn’t single handily resurrected BBB. If it wasn’t for certain people it would of never been completed.
You have no clue what really happened.

Can you elaborate? I was one of the buyers and in the project the entire time it was being built but don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-documentary/page/2?hl=hd_fatboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.