Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by stevevt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2015-08-30_01.24.20.jpg
20150829_144328.jpg
WP_20150725_001.jpg
IMG_0900.JPG

#1 4 years ago

I had the chance to visit the Silverball museum in Asbury Park today. Been several times, but today was the first time I had the pleasure to meet the owner, Rob.

I told him how much I enjoyed coming there, and he thanked me for my patronage. Also he suggested I come back again soon, in that the Silverball museum was getting in several new games. I knew about this in that the last time I was there they mentioned they would be getting The Hobbit (hopefully by April, they had said at the time.) Today, he mentioned a game they were getting (for the life of me, I can't remember which one, because his next sentence took me by surprise). They were getting a Big Bang Bar.

Really? A Big Bang Bar? I asked again just to be sure I didn't misunderstand. Yes, that's what he said. Hoping to get it in time for Memorial Day, but at the very latest by July 4th. I asked how much they were going to charge for playing it? All the games there are set to free play, and I did not immediately assume that BBB would also be free play. Rob said they might initially charge $1 per game to go to charity before setting it to free play like the rest.

I thought about this for a few minutes. I mentioned to him that I didn't think that there was a BBB anywhere on location. None that I had every heard of. Rob said there used to be one in Brooklyn somewhere. Whether or not it was still on location, he didn't know.

I confirmed with him that they would be sending an email when BBB arrived. I also asked if it was okay to tell all my Pinball Friends that it was coming (just to be sure that it wasn't a secret that I shouldn't go blabbing...) Rob said just to be clear it isn't there yet, but would be soon.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I mentioned to him that I didn't think that there was a BBB anywhere on location.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

There's a BBB at Sunshine Laundry, there was a pic of it a day or two ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/sunshine-laundry-brooklyn-ny

Northeast hogging them all...

#4 4 years ago

Cool - I'll stop by the next time I'm in the neighborhood

#5 4 years ago

Capcom original.

LTG : )

IMG_0900.JPG
#6 4 years ago

Ahhhhh - I'm going to be there the weekend before Memorial Day. I hope it arrives early...

#7 4 years ago

Silverback is awesome. Went there for the first time last summer when on vacation to OCNJ

Going again this year. Great place. Highly recommend

G

#8 4 years ago

Sorry Silverball not back

G

#9 4 years ago

Flippers in NC has one for .50¢/play.

Cool about the Silverball, I'll definitely be getting a couple visits there this summer.

#10 4 years ago

Yeah you just beat me to the Flippers Comment. I was just up in Asbury Park and visited the Silverball Museum...really cool place. Flippers has it beat when it comes to modern games but the amount of extremely well maintained games (EM and SS) is amazing at the Silverball Museum.

#11 4 years ago

Nice I will have to check it out!!! I live a few towns away.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Yeah you just beat me to the Flippers Comment. I was just up in Asbury Park and visited the Silverball Museum...really cool place. Flippers has it beat when it comes to modern games but the amount of extremely well maintained games (EM and SS) is amazing at the Silverball Museum.

Flippers is excellent for sure. Work had my down in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago, and I ended up going to Flippers every night. When the option was sit in a hotel room by myself, or go to Flippers, Flippers won.

#13 4 years ago

Oh cool, the wife and I were considering a trip this summer... Stay at that wacky gay hotel, get tickets to see Primus & Dinosaur Jr and spend the rest of the time at Silverball. Unless we bring the bikes.. Love riding down through Ocean Grove, such a cute town.

#14 4 years ago

I played BBB at the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum last night.
And it will be there on Free Play for the Showcase May 15-17 2015

#15 4 years ago

duplicate post sorry

2 months later
#16 4 years ago

I think that the Silverball Museum got its BBB today, freaky as I'm taking a roadtrip tomorrow to pick up for myself, yeah!

#17 4 years ago

I got an email it did arrive.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from slydog43:

I think that the Silverball Museum got its BBB today, freaky as I'm taking a roadtrip tomorrow to pick up for myself, yeah!

That is awesome news.

Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

I got an email it did arrive.

What did the email say?

#19 4 years ago

Played it there this past weekend. It looks and plays great, unfortunately it's tough to hear because of how loud it is in there.

BBB loses a lot of it's charm when you can't hear the fun callouts. If your going specifically to play it, try to get there when it isn't too crowded so you can at least have a chance to hear it.

#20 4 years ago

I got to play it the other night when I was there (I just started playing again, can't nudge yet). I thought the game was good…just not $20,000 good.

#21 4 years ago

Hoping to get down there this weekend... Wish I could pull off an open-to-close marathon but 13 hours might be a stretch, even for me.

1 week later
#22 4 years ago

Made it two nights in a row - once after the Primus concert with pupils the size of dinner plates and then again the next night for a half-day (5pm-1am) pass. I definitely loved playing BBB but there was no shortage of fantastic machines... Fell in love with a Capcom Pinball Magic, which I had somehow never played before. And holy damn did their AFM look like it had a million plays on it but still worked great. Awesome place and they don't seem to mind if you drag in beers from the bar next door.
WP_20150725_001.jpg

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Fell in love with a Capcom Pinball Magic, which I had somehow never played before.

Not a lot of them floating around ever that I remember. I had played BBB 10+ years before I ever saw a Pinball Magic.

#24 4 years ago

I'm having a fun rare pinball year. Played my first 2 BBB (Flippers/Silverball) and 2 Pinball Magic(Alllentown/Silverball).

Big fan of the skill shot into the hat and when the ball travels across the wand in PM.

#25 4 years ago

I went on Sunday and the right flipper was half broken already. (Switch issue?)

1 week later
#26 4 years ago

Was there today, right flipper is still not working correct all the time. Overall I enjoyed playing it. it is a nice pin. not sure it commands the prices it does, but it was a cool pin to play. Wasn't too crazy there so I got to hear the callouts and sounds and got a lot of games in on a lot of pins. Of course I completely missed the Pinball Magic!! played one at Allentown and liked it, was looking forward to it again. next time! On the bright side, I got my first ever spot on the top scores, on Roadshow out of all games, one I am not a huge fan of. Probably got lucky, but it was a cool feeling for sure!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Awesome place and they don't seem to mind if you drag in beers from the bar next door.

They are officially a BYOB establishment. You can roll a keg in there if so inclined.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

They are officially a BYOB establishment. You can roll a keg in there if so inclined.

Certainly is handy having a couple bars next door... Hoping to make a return trip before long.

1 week later
#29 4 years ago

20150829_144328.jpg

#30 4 years ago

Mmm... potato rolls.

We tried to stop in there today - drove to Asbury Park with the intention of hitting some flea market thing in the convention center, then figured I'd drag the wife into Silverball for a bit. Couldn't find a parking spot within a mile - beachgoers had completely swarmed the town. So we said "fuck it" and went to Point Pleasant for ice cream at Hoffman's.

Figure we'll head down sometime next month when the beach scene is done.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Couldn't find a parking spot within a mile.

Myself and the other group I was with actually got the first 2 spots across from Silverball. The people that were leaving the spot I pulled into even gave me their paid stub! I did the same for the next person when I left. It was a good pinball day between JJP and Silverball, had a blast!

#32 4 years ago

I was excited to play it today after visiting JJP, but a little disappointed that the flippers were a bit wonky. One was a bit out of alignment and the other didn't always flip when the buttom was pressed. But, it was still playable for a casual game, and I'm sure it's gotten lots of love during the it has been there so far.

The guy doing repairs was running around like a madman fixing issues that came up, which was much appreciated

2015-08-30_01.24.20.jpg

#33 4 years ago

Flippers were wonky for me too last Sunday. Played one game and moved on. It's nothing special, even if the flippers had been working properly.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Played one game and moved on. It's nothing special, even if the flippers had been working properly.

I think it's similar to Scared Stiff and Monster Bash, great overall packages but they're not my favorite games to play. I'm sure the new color displays are going to look great in the BBB remakes and they'll have buyers lined up to get them.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I think it's similar to Scared Stiff and Monster Bash, great overall packages but they're not my favorite games to play. I'm sure the new color displays are going to look great in the BBB remakes and they'll have buyers lined up to get them.

Monster Bash and Scared Stiff are significantly better than BBB. Doesn't mean your point isn't valid, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside