46%
  • I would never buy a BBB remake 23 votes
    24%

(95 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sellmortimer (resized).jpg
c5e083cb1598b3e7588540fb35c240de6775c2a0 (resized).png

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

i had never heard of this pinbal till i saw one in the market for 30 grand!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/72681

ran across this article: https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/3/21/14937540/history-of-big-bang-bar-pinball

makes me want to own one, but 30 grand is a little steep!

#3 5 years ago

Wait a yr and buy one for 7k.....

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Wait a yr and buy one for 7k.....

why what happens in a year, is there a remake on the way?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Used ones come up cheaper.

LTG : )

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

CGC is rumored to be making these soon.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

It’s been a rumor that CGC will remake them soon.

If you have cash burning a hole in your pocket, come visit me and I’ll set you up with something nice.

#8 5 years ago

It's been rumor for 5+ yrs. I heard CC was next... would make more sense. BBB adult theme might be tougher sell.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

It's been rumor for 5+ yrs. I heard CC was next... would make more sense. BBB adult theme might be tougher sell.

CC only makes sense if they finish out the code or use CCC somehow. But I think most consider BBB a better game than CC - if they made a BBB with a huge color screen, new lighting and a rockin topper, they would sell a ton.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

CC only makes sense if they finish out the code or use CCC somehow. But I think most consider BBB a better game than CC - if they made a BBB with a huge color screen, new lighting and a rockin topper, they would sell a ton.

you guys are killing me with the abbreviations, what is CC?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

you guys are killing me with the abbreviations,

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl You can search games by abbreviation.

LTG : )
( Cactus Canyon )

#12 5 years ago

Add a poll to this thread and ask question:

1. Would definitely buy BBB remake
2. On the fence to buy a remake
3. Definitely would NOT buy a remake

Would be interested to see what people say.

#13 5 years ago

Definitely on the to do list for Chicago gaming company. Cactus Canyon will be next but they are getting much better at manufacturing and production. This means more Remakes and New Original games made more frequently. 2 games a year is a piece of cake for CGC. Great company all around. Good for them getting a piece of the market that they so much deserve.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Definitely on the to do list for Chicago gaming company. Cactus Canyon will be next but they are getting much better at manufacturing and production. This means more Remakes and New Original games made more frequently. 2 games a year is a piece of cake for CGC. Great company all around. Good for them getting a piece of the market that they so much deserve.

2 games per year? sounds a little optimistic considering their track record....I agree they make great games, but they seem to on the same path a JJP in regards to getting games out the door.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

That's double what nice examples usually go for (13-15K), although never seen a NIB sale.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If CGC continues to 'improve' on their remakes, I would definitely take the remakes over the originals. It kind of sucks for the current owners though.

Also, I thought the rumor was ToM was coming up.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If CGC continues to 'improve' on their remakes, I would definitely take the remakes over the originals. It kind of sucks for the current owners though.
Also, I thought the rumor was ToM was coming up.

Why would ToM be coming up? Just curious since current ToM pricing does t seem to be up to the level of a CGC price.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Why would ToM be coming up? Just curious since current ToM pricing does t seem to be up to the level of a CGC price.

I've no idea how they choose, but that is what was being rumored here for awhile. If you notice a bunch of ToM have come onto the market lately.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But I think most consider BBB a better game than CC

You think wrong. Very few people would even consider BBB to be in the same league as CC.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You think wrong. Very few people would even consider BBB to be in the same league as CC.

Yeah, CC is a distant second!

#21 5 years ago

A few weeks ago I was seeing rumors of TAF or TZ as potential remakes. Non of these rumors mean anything. Smart owners are just trying to get out while they can. You don't buy a pin to play for $30k. That's an investment, and not a very smart one at this point.

I would love to see TZ or TAF given the modern treatment. Are the source files still around? Could the code be updated and sound remastered? Imagine the call outs on TAF if they didn't sound like they were coming out of a 90s McDonald's drive through speaker. I'm sure there's a lot they could add to make these old classics feel new. No more plasma discs in the corner, though.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Imagine the call outs on TAF if they didn't sound like they were coming out of a 90s McDonald's drive through speaker.

Get a Pinsound, upgraded speakers and ColorDMD. BAM! Awesome sights and sounds for <$1K.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That statement is objectively false.

#24 5 years ago

it will be made within the next year or 2, be patient grasshopper, and save your money wisely!

#25 5 years ago

It's a pretty game, but make sure you enjoy the gameplay prior to dropping 30K or even 7K.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 5 years ago

The fact is that nobody really knows what's going to be made next until its made and shipping. BBB, TOM, TZ, CC, MB.....and probably a bunch of others coming out of the rumor mill. Just wait and see, but if you want a game now then buy an original and forget about the games that MIGHT be reproduced.
Obviously $25K or whatever for the NIB game is really steep but there are cheaper ones out there and it's surely not for everyone.

John

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Quoted from vicjw66:

That statement is objectively false.

I own them both; BBB & CCC. Just having fun. They’re both great games

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

Quoted from LTG:

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl You can search games by abbreviation.

You can also search for games by abbreviation on Pinside ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine

#29 5 years ago

Seems obvious now that CGC will reproduce all high priced games and there are only a few left now. I have heard what the next three will be and BBB is on the list. Take it to the bank. Guys sitting on BBB are screwed just like I was with my restored MM, AFM, and MB. Shit happens.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I have never played BBB, however I want to. and maybe I am in the minority, but "I WANT" more adult pinball. I understand those that don't, and/or don't care for it, however I have done enough parenting, and kidding, and the likes that I enjoy adult entertainment. plus in todays world, you can always set "family mode" ... so it should really take care of both sides.

jut my .02

#31 5 years ago

You are not 'screwed' if you aren't selling your restored MM, AFM or MB. Sometimes people actually keep their games you know...

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Seems obvious now that CGC will reproduce all high priced games and there are only a few left now. I have heard what the next three will be and BBB is on the list. Take it to the bank. Guys sitting on BBB are screwed just like I was with my restored MM, AFM, and MB. Shit happens.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You are not 'screwed' if you aren't selling your restored MM, AFM or MB. Sometimes people actually keep their games you know...

Whaaaaaat! That's crazy talk. I thought everyone was investing in the 401K pinball program.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

i see your point but you actually are. these were worth a lot more and the remake killed the value of an original. i still have the mb and mm. i do not plan on selling but if something happens to me and my family doesn't want these dinosaurs in the house anymore, the loss is real. shit, eventually what you think you might never sell will need to be sold. nothing is certain

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

On most browsers if you are using a computer you can just hover over the abbreviation and pinside will tell you which game it is. Makes it real easy to know what everyone is talking about.

#35 5 years ago

I would imagine CGC will go with the highest priced, non-licensed themes first; thusly: TOTAN, CC, WH20, etc. AF and TZ licenses could be a mess, but I don't know.

Back on topic. I've played BBB. It's definitely entertaining. Plays very similarly to any of the classic 90's B/W machines. Very humorous, good call outs, no more risqué than SS, for example. Not LOTR deep, but just as good as any of it's contemporaries from the time.

Would I shell out 30k for one? No

Would I shell out 12k-15k for one? No

Would I shell out 6k for a brand new CE from CGC? Probably

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:I would imagine CGC will go with the highest priced, non-licensed themes first; thusly: TOTAN, CC, WH20, etc. AF and TZ licenses could be a mess, but I don't know.

CGC has made it clear they are only reproducing games that had $10,000 or more in mint huo or nicely restored sale value. A restored TOTAN or WH2O do not meet that criteria. CC and BBB do and those are two of the three that are up next according to a very reliable source. Now it might take a while but they will be done.

#37 5 years ago

Let's not forget The Addams Family. Although it will be a while.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

CGC has made it clear they are only reproducing games that had $10,000 or more in mint huo or nicely restored sale value. A restored TOTAN or WH2O do not meet that criteria. CC and BBB do and those are two of the three that are up next according to a very reliable source. Now it might take a while but they will be done.

Maybe they will remake Tron then

#39 5 years ago

Will the new BBB be called BBBrr?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Will the new BBB be called BBBrr?

That or BBBr2

#41 5 years ago

BBBRLE2.0SUPERFANTASTIC

#42 5 years ago

BBB has unfinished code. It was in proto type mode when the plug was pulled. Would CG finish the code?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

BBB has unfinished code. It was in proto type mode when the plug was pulled. Would CG finish the code?

I'm guessing the CE gets unfinished code, LE will get finished code. I'm only kidding.

#44 5 years ago

Apparently Ohio likes its BBB's. There is currently two for sale NIB from that state.

QSS

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

You've been on Pinside for 5 years and never heard of Big Bang Bar plus not know what the abbreviations are? How dare you sir!

I owned a BBB for 11 years (before selling last May) and the code was complete as I could tell. There aren't any apparent missing DMD animations or features as in the original CC. That being said there are a few minor code tweeks such as:

1. The Happy Hour mode has a bug where the lights stop blinking after a few seconds while the mode isn't finished.
2. The game could also benefit from no longer allowing to run/start several modes at the same time.
3. It would also help if it had an auto plunger, or 4 switches in the plunger lane to detect balls, to prevent from cheating the wizard mode (by stacking balls in the plunger lane and not shooting them into play). There may be more but that's all I could find.

BBB and CC are on the "short" list of games being considered for the next remake. Both are really really cool games IMO. You'll probably kick yourself in the head for buying a $16k-$25K BBB now when a remake will be less than half that.

c5e083cb1598b3e7588540fb35c240de6775c2a0 (resized).pngc5e083cb1598b3e7588540fb35c240de6775c2a0 (resized).png
#46 5 years ago

Each game is getting new core features (like the Large Color display in AFMR) that will be incorporated into future releases

What new features did MBr get? I haven't followed the remakes that closely. Is it color GI? Or was that done previously? Anything else?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

your wish is my command...

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Maybe they will remake Tron then

high end rare pins will be made first, more demand for those. then you will likely see your tz, adams family, Indiana jones, etc. don't see them just closing their doors after the top 4-5 pins are remade...……... they got bills to pay too. doubt you will see cgc remake a tron, that will be a stern vault most likely if ever remade.

#50 5 years ago

So it looks like BBBr is coming. You know what that means.....

sellmortimer (resized).jpgsellmortimer (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-5?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.