46%
  • I would never buy a BBB remake 23 votes
    24%

(95 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sellmortimer (resized).jpg
c5e083cb1598b3e7588540fb35c240de6775c2a0 (resized).png
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

BBB has unfinished code. It was in proto type mode when the plug was pulled. Would CG finish the code?

That's news to me and I've owned one since 2010. What's missing from the code?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Why would ToM be coming up? Just curious since current ToM pricing does t seem to be up to the level of a CGC price.

A nice ToM usually sells for 5-6k these days. At 6k for a brand new ToM, it might fly. Some people complain that ToM is unfinished (particularly the wizard mode I believe). If they update the code and give it the LE treatment like MBrLE (big DMD, cool topper, etc) I bet they could still sell quite a few at 8k.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

high end rare pins will be made first, more demand for those. then you will likely see your tz, adams family, Indiana jones, etc. don't see them just closing their doors after the top 4-5 pins are remade...……... they got bills to pay too. doubt you will see cgc remake a tron, that will be a stern vault most likely if ever remade.

It was just my attempt at humor.

#54 5 years ago

Well there you have it - MMM, AFM and MB are in production. CC, BBB and TOM are to come. Rick states CGC is making at least 7 titles and then lists 6 of them. Hoping the missing one is CV or TOTAN. Also a smart business move to pick the ones they have. Good strategy to leave a slot open for now. All those selected have a high ranking, low production number and have been unavailable nib for years.

#55 5 years ago

CV & TOTAN....blah. I thought everyone was over that shit these days?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

CV & TOTAN....blah. I thought everyone was over that shit these days?

I try not to trash them, but I'd much rather play many of these older games than most of the newer Sterns. It's not even a nostalgia thing, they are just better / funner (IMO).

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I try not to trash them, but I'd much rather play many of these older games than most of the newer Sterns. It's not even a nostalgia thing, they are just better / funner (IMO).

I'm not trashing them, I just didn't think they were in demand like they used to be. Before Stern really started cranking out beloved games these would sell for a ton all day every day. I thought since they were so high up they kind of shot themselves in the foot. Well, that's why it was a question.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Its funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing the other day but not necessary because of game rules (which I think Stern does very well with sometimes).

I haven't had a 90's Bally/Williams game in the house over the past few years. I just picked up the Pinball 2000 games (SWE1) and RFM) and the "feel" alone of the flippers, bumpers, etc. is just superior my Stern games.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hoping the missing one is CV or TOTAN.

My guess would be TAF before those two - but yea TAF, IJ, TZ, ToTAN, CV are all on the list I’m sure.

#60 5 years ago

IMO this comes after CCr and ToMr.

It's a bigger project. It might not need more code and rule expansion than either, but I think much more would need to be done on the display front, and minor tweaks to layout might be helpful.

Big one though is that it's not WPC95, or even WPC. So I expect they'll have to revisit their software and hardware significantly. As someone else is doing Kingpin and they're unlikely to do any more Capcom games, the cost of doing this is pretty key. If it's high they might not do it IMO.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

2. The game could also benefit from no longer allowing to run/start several modes at the same time.

You can't stack the standard modes, but you can qualify and start a new one as soon as the one you're in finishes, even during multiball.

Yea, cheating the wiz mode is a flaw, although I believe you lose one multiplier for the ball sitting on the shooterlane switch.

Biggest issue for me was that the best strategy was to simply blow through the modes to get to the huge-scoring big-bang mode. Mode balance also sucked - babescanner gives 10M left loops (wide shot), whereas the right orbit mode is what, 4M, 6M, 8M etc on a much tighter shot. But the right orbit mode had better DMD effects. The 2-ball multiball was really fun to start and play as well.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

i had never heard of this pinbal till i saw one in the market for 30 grand!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/72681
ran across this article: https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/3/21/14937540/history-of-big-bang-bar-pinball
makes me want to own one, but 30 grand is a little steep!

It's a great game, but just wait for the inevitable remake. I was new to the hobby when Illinois Pinball's BBB remake were shipping...I really wanted one, but missed the boat. Original price was $4500, which was INSANE at the time. People were flipping them for $8k plus instantly, which was just an unthinkable price for most as new Sterns were less than $3500 and used games were plentiful and in the $1k zone. I'll be happy to buy a CGC remake of BBB if they do it...no way I'd spend $30k on any pinball machine.

#64 5 years ago

$15k, $20k, $25k and now $30k are investment prices! Who would risk that kink of money based on a remake in the future is nuts!

On the other hand if the game interests you and that kind of money is no problem swinging than go for it. Take it out box, setup and play it!

#65 5 years ago

At this rate though, their next game should be Alien.

#67 5 years ago

TBL would sell.
So would a working Alien.

#68 5 years ago

I played this game at the Pinball Museum because of the hype. Um, no. Game had a decent funny theme but nowhere near the hype or worth the money. This game shouldn’t even be in the HEP category. Either way, was decent to play but even if was $5,000, this Pin will never end up in my collection

#69 5 years ago

There’s value in an original Capcom BBB, but the IPB version is a remake. Original MM, AFM, and MB prices plummeted with the remakes. Imagine what will happen when a better BBB remake comes out?

I would expect the IPB ones to drop below the price of the CGC NIB. In other words, those two guys trying to sell theirs at $25k and $30k should drop their prices by 10 grand and pray that someone buys it or they will be left with a $6000 machine in a few years.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

There’s value in an original Capcom BBB, but the IPB version is a remake. Original MM, AFM, and MB prices plummeted with the remakes. Imagine what will happen when a better BBB remake comes out?
I would expect the IPB ones to drop below the price of the CGM NIB. In other words, those two guys trying to sell theirs at $25k and $30k should drop their prices by 10 grand and pray that someone buys it or they will be left with a $6000 machine in a few years.

Well it is kind of a crap shoot right at this point right? We don't know when/if they will really do a remake until they do. Even then we don't even know they'll still be in business in 2 years. I do think the hovering unknown may prevent them from getting them sold at those prices though --- unless they try Ebay :p -- but who knows.

#71 5 years ago

Trying to say something? Spit it out, you can do it...

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Its funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing the other day but not necessary because of game rules (which I think Stern does very well with sometimes).
I haven't had a 90's Bally/Williams game in the house over the past few years. I just picked up the Pinball 2000 games (SWE1) and RFM) and the "feel" alone of the flippers, bumpers, etc. is just superior my Stern games.

Try JJP games then if you want the WMS flipper feeling ?

Anyway imo TAF should also be in the remake list. It's still very popular. It still earns on location, I think many ops would buy a new one so they can operate it for the next 20 years..
It's still the one game everyone who knows nothing about pinball asks for.
TAFr could sell very well, also to non-pinheads. CGC remakes now sell mostly to people who are already into pinball. TAFr would sell to a new market.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Trying to say something? Spit it out, you can do it...

I bought a NIB BBB a few years back. Just awesome experience. Glad I owned one for awhile. But it's value made it hard to enjoy - concerned about damaging it. Sold it to another enthusiastic hobbyist.

At a remake price, many would/should own.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-bbb-unboxed-tonight

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I bought a NIB BBB a few years back. Just awesome experience. Glad I owned one for awhile. But it's value made it hard to enjoy - concerned about damaging it. Sold it to another enthusiastic hobbyist.
At a remake price, many would/should own.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-bbb-unboxed-tonight

That's very cool! That was probably a good time too: I'm guessing the few years back really made a difference in the price and you could recoup a good amount of it. It seems way more risky to do today. I hope I have the opportunity to own one someday at a price I can justify.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I would expect the IPB ones to drop below the price of the CGC NIB. In other words, those two guys trying to sell theirs at $25k and $30k should drop their prices by 10 grand and pray that someone buys it or they will be left with a $6000 machine in a few years.

Disagree, because there's no indication the CGC game will be better. The IPB BBBs were built with Capcom boards and parts. If CGC uses standard parts and their current flipper system, it will be inferior to the IPB product IMHO.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Disagree, because there's no indication the CGC game will be better. The IPB BBBs were built with Capcom boards and parts. If CGC uses standard parts and their current flipper system, it will be inferior to the IPB product IMHO.

$19k inferior?

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Since when is Capcom boards and parts considered superior? There is every indication CGC game will be better. I guess we will find out in a few years who is right, and who is wrong. (Spoiler: you're wrong)

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

There is every indication CGC game will be better.

I have no idea if CGC will build one or not.

I do know one thing CGC will do better if they make BBB. Is wiring on the switches. What Capcom used is prone to breaking easily and raising havoc with the switch matrix.

LTG : )

#79 5 years ago

At the time Capcom had some great ideas with Flipper power settings and shit like that. But damn, a lot of us know that cheap ass thin wire gauge wont be missed!

EDIT: Hmmm....or did the Gene machines fix that?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Since when is Capcom boards and parts considered superior? There is every indication CGC game will be better. I guess we will find out in a few years who is right, and who is wrong. (Spoiler: you're wrong)

Capcom flippers are considered gold standard, or at least they were back in the day... seems the average player these days doesn't care as much about good flipper action. I haven't played anything from any recent manufacturer that were as solid as Capcom. AFMr, MMr and even MBr flippers are all inferior to their Fliptronic predecessors and there's no reason to think they'll do BBB any better.

Quoted from TheLaw:

At the time Capcom had some great ideas with Flipper power settings and shit like that. But damn, a lot of us know that cheap ass thin wire gauge wont be missed! EDIT: Hmmm....or did the Gene machines fix that?

I think the Gene machines may have created it... they used thin wire, but I haven't noticed any issues with the wiring on my Pinball Magic.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the Gene machines may have created it...

My BBB has the thin wire Capcom used. Gene may have copied it ?

LTG : )

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the Gene machines may have created it... they used thin wire, but I haven't noticed any issues with the wiring on my Pinball Magic.

All the pin magics I've ever seen has smaller gauge wire. Maybe your's have never had any issues so you've never noticed?

#83 5 years ago

Big Bang Bar? I hardly know her!

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All the pin magics I've ever seen has smaller gauge wire. Maybe your's have never had any issues so you've never noticed?

Could be... I had to deal with some prior work on the slings that used thin wire but I figured that was from the repair. I'll check the rest of it. Not had any other issue on this game, although I haven't yet set it back up after Pincinnati to see what the crowds inflicted. If that's a flaw of all Capcoms then hopefully CGC fixes it. That said, I highly doubt CGC will use Capcom flipper parts (no supply) and that will fundamentally change the feel of the game for the worse IMHO. OTOH most people won't care, and using their stock parts will help keep the remake price low, which is good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-5/page/2?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.