• Over 25,000 10 votes
    12%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-34 (resized).jpg
59060AFE-E4F6-4AF5-BE24-0571ECFF8685 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 years ago

Feel free to give your opinion of value on big bang bar number 01. It played well. It’s in great shape collector quality has the gold plac etc.

59060AFE-E4F6-4AF5-BE24-0571ECFF8685 (resized).jpeg59060AFE-E4F6-4AF5-BE24-0571ECFF8685 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

a million by Christmas

#3 6 years ago

$17-18k. Without seeing detailed pics or knowing what’s included. I’m guessing that this is Gene’s if it’s number 1?!

#4 6 years ago

Probably around what someone will play for it. Let me know what it's worth

#5 6 years ago

Is it for sale?

#6 6 years ago

Gene’s was number 00. Who knows where that is?? This one is in Central Illinois. It is not currently for sale however money talks.

#7 6 years ago

$15-18 with no remake.
With remake.... under $15

#8 6 years ago

that cabinet art will fade fast by that window!

#9 6 years ago

IIRC #1 went to his stepduaghter.

#10 6 years ago

No that originally went to Genes doctor if I recall right,
The first 10 serial numbers all had the gold trim and were available at a higher price (I forget how much but I could check my paperwork as it says the premium for gold)
Game number 11 was the first with the black trim from what I was told (my game)

#11 6 years ago

15-20k I figure.. black trim looks nicer really, but I assume this is more collectable.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

No that originally went to Genes doctor if I recall right,
The first 10 serial numbers all had the gold trim and were available at a higher price (I forget how much but I could check my paperwork as it says the premium for gold)
Game number 11 was the first with the black trim from what I was told (my game)

Gene wanted $8K for the one he took to Texas Pinball Festival in 2007. I was a split second away from buying it until he told me that I could not take possession of the game right then and there. Instead, he was going to take it with him and ship it back to me once the other US BBBs started shipping.

So that killed the deal. In hindsight, I should have made the deal. lol. But at the time, I was in serious "FU" mode as I was not going to hand someone $8,000 in cash and not even get to take the game home.

Marcus

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Gene wanted $8K for the one he took to Texas Pinball Festival in 2007. I was a split second away from buying it until he told me that I could not take possession of the game right then and there. Instead, he was going to take it with him and ship it back to me once the other US BBBs started shipping.
So that killed the deal. In hindsight, I should have made the deal. lol. But at the time, I was in serious "FU" mode as I was not going to hand someone $8,000 in cash and not even get to take the game home.
Marcus

It’s pretty funny that 5 years later several pinball companies would
Build their business model on this very concept.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I was not going to hand someone $8,000 in cash and not even get to take the game home.

I still would NEVER do that. Ever.

#15 6 years ago

Two weeks ago I sold prototype #13 for $20,000.00. It sold in less than a week, I had two solid back up offers along with someone who tried to snipe the deal by offering me more money. About five days ago another guy surfaced wanting the new owner's information, I assume so he could buy it from him at a premium.

I hate leaving money on the table but it would seem I underpriced it. - Meh, I'm the original owner and got to enjoy it all of these years.

Note: Illinois Pinball prototype

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s pretty funny that 5 years later several pinball companies would
Build their business model on this very concept.

It's even funner when their customers clamor how the new game is going to be the next Big Bang Bar.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Two weeks ago I sold prototype #13 for $20,000.00. It sold in less than a week, I had two sold back up offers along with someone who tried to snipe the deal by offering me more money. About five days ago another guy surfaced wanting the new owner's information, I assume so he could buy it from him at a premium.
I hate leaving money on the table but it would seem I underpriced it. - Meh, I'm the original owner and got to enjoy it all of these years.

Congrats on sale! Fun game but for that kind of money... time to go!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18 6 years ago

Was #13 the purple powder coated one with the "superstitious" plaque?

#19 6 years ago

Big Bang Bar. Really do not get it. Just can't get into the game. Not to say it's bad. Just not for me. Finally there is a really exspensive game I don't want to buy.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

that cabinet art will fade fast by that window!

I'm pretty sure IPB made the cab decals UV resistant.

#21 6 years ago

After Scared Stiff, my favorite game! If it's remade....I'm IN!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Was #13 the purple powder coated one with the "superstitious" plaque?

That's correct, prototype number 13.
New owners prior to production were offered to have their plaque engraved however they wanted. Many people chose their family name for example. The reason I named it Superstitious was because the number 13 is considered unlucky and I do not believe in superstitions. It was my way of mocking the Gods if you will. And if you count the question mark's bookending the word Superstitious you will find a total of 13 of them.

Attached picture is from IPDB where many of my pictures are posted.

image-34 (resized).jpgimage-34 (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Big Bang Bar. Really do not get it. Just can't get into the game. Not to say it's bad. Just not for me. Finally there is a really exspensive game I don't want to buy.

For me the game reminds me of the Star Wars space bar scene. I just love the looks, the comedy I love and the gameplay is fun....not deep though but there is enough for me.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Feel free to give your opinion of value on big bang bar number 01

Is the machine number 01 or 001? Big difference as the prototypes all began with a zero before the number much like my number 13 picture above. There were only 20 prototypes made, one in purple, mine and one in green which Gene's daughter got. There are other differences that signifies the prototypes but that would be the easiest start.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Two weeks ago I sold prototype #13 for $20,000.00. It sold in less than a week, I had two sold back up offers along with someone who tried to snipe the deal by offering me more money. About five days ago another guy surfaced wanting the new owner's information, I assume so he could buy it from him at a premium.

But I like your style. Keeping your word. Rare these days.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

But I like your style. Keeping your word. Rare these days.

Kim has always been, and always will be, a class act.

LTG : )

#27 6 years ago

Hahahah, that plaque is awesome.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

But at the time, I was in serious "FU" mode as I was not going to hand someone $8,000 in cash and not even get to take the game home.
Marcus

Love it!

#29 6 years ago

Rumored to be on the PPS remake list for the future......

#30 6 years ago

20-25k

#31 6 years ago

if this gets remade i am definitly in!

3 months later
#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Rumored to be on the PPS remake list for the future......

Indeed. PP has confirmed it WILL DEFINITELY be remade in the string of CGE classics including MM, AFM, MB and CC. The only questions remaining are where it will fall in sequence and how much it will cost. I'd guess it will be MB, then CC, then BBB. Cost I'd say in 7K to 8K range, though hoping the former figure.

#34 6 years ago

Meant to say CGC classics as in Chicago Gaming Corporation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar-1-value?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.