IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG
LTBRLE.jpg
BIBLE.jpg
backglass1acdc.jpg
boobies.jpg
backnblack.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yep, it is in my year book as favorite album ! I am so glad I got on board !

Touched my first set of boobies to you shook me all night long. to this day each time I hear that song I get a smile on my face.

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from ssathre:

honda350r said:Yep, it is in my year book as favorite album ! I am so glad I got on board !
Touched my first set of boobies to you shook me all night long. to this day each time I hear that song I get a smile on my face.

LOL gotta love it!!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#54 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There is NO 3rd LE version. Rumor put to rest.

Again to assure everyone, just got another message back today from Stern- Shelly Sax (head of distribution). No other LE's in the works. 300 BIBLE and 200 LTBRLE and that's it !

#55 12 years ago

Thanks. I'm glad they are holding to original plans. Hopefully they'll sell tons of the Premium models.

-Craig

#56 12 years ago

I would be a little upset myself but I personally think the whole LE thing will play itself out over time.....LE won't be so special after 50 different versions and sorry but 500 or 1000 isn't that "limited"...especially since most will be maintained in top condition...

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would be a little upset myself but I personally think the whole LE thing will play itself out over time.....LE won't be so special after 50 different versions and sorry but 500 or 1000 isn't that "limited"...especially since most will be maintained in top condition...

Wasn't concerned so much about "limited" status. Primary concern was introduction of a different/better model that I might have chosen had it been disclosed. Glad that issue is off the table.

-Craig

#58 12 years ago

Again, i buy the ac/dc Le not because the value of it will hold over the years. I buy it to keep it. I'm a big Ac/Dc and a big pinball fan. And I want to put it at least for a few weeks also it's a LE in my little pub to let other people play it. But when I pay so much money then i want the best version of this game. The version that i think is looking the best.
The Problem is they are sold out so quickly and I had to make the order unseen. If there were enough LEs for everyone I had waited till they released pictures to pick the one I like the most.
The LE buyer are taking a big risk, the Premium buyer could wait till it is confirmed that the game is a winner. A few more LE’s won’t hurt, but I would like to know the numbers before I order one. So it’s good to hear they stick to the plan.
I don't know if I will get the LE, there is no confirmation yet, but I hope so.
Back to the topic, for me personal I would like to have the LTBR LE. That is the quintessential Album of the Band. “Back to Black” for me is the best album, but “Let there be rock” is the one that made AC/DC, it’s the birth.
I don’t like this BS vs. BJ discussion, they are both great. And I would also be happy if BJ would be on the Backglass of the LtbR LE. Please STERN show us pictures!!!!!!^^
But that's all just eye candy the important thing is, I realy hope that as many people as possible will have fun with this pinball machine!

And sorry for my bad english, i`m from germany.
LET THERE BE ROCK!!!!

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Again, i buy the ac/dc Le not because the value of it will hold over the years. I buy it to keep it. I'm a big Ac/Dc and a big pinball fan. And I want to put it at least for a few weeks also it's a LE in my little pub to let other people play it. But when I pay so much money then i want the best version of this game. The version that i think is looking the best.
The Problem is they are sold out so quickly and I had to make the order unseen. If there were enough LEs for everyone I had waited till they released pictures to pick the one I like the most.
The LE buyer are taking a big risk, the Premium buyer could wait till it is confirmed that the game is a winner. A few more LE’s won’t hurt, but I would like to know the numbers before I order one. So it’s good to hear they stick to the plan.
I don't know if I will get the LE, there is no confirmation yet, but I hope so.
Back to the topic, for me personal I would like to have the LTBR LE. That is the quintessential Album of the Band. “Back to Black” for me is the best album, but “Let there be rock” is the one that made AC/DC, it’s the birth.
I don’t like this BS vs. BJ discussion, they are both great. And I would also be happy if BJ would be on the Backglass of the LtbR LE. Please STERN show us pictures!!!!!!^^
But that's all just eye candy the important thing is, I realy hope that as many people as possible will have fun with this pinball machine!
And sorry for my bad english, i`m from germany.
LET THERE BE ROCK!!!!

Well said!

#61 12 years ago

Glass art

backglass1acdc.jpgbackglass1acdc.jpg BIBLE.jpgBIBLE.jpg LTBRLE.jpgLTBRLE.jpg

#62 12 years ago

That. Is. Terrible.

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That. Is. Terrible.

Why ?

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

gambit3113 said:That. Is. Terrible.
Why ?

Did you look at them? That's why.

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Did you look at them? That's why.

Hell yes I looked at them and have money on one . I am a fan and it looks AC/DC to me !

What would make you happy ? Actually, I don't care what makes you happy !

Jim

#66 12 years ago

I have had AC/DC pins for over 30 years . I have proof .
Jim

IMG_0169.JPGIMG_0169.JPG IMG_0170.JPGIMG_0170.JPG IMG_0171.JPGIMG_0171.JPG

#68 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If the backglasses looked like any of those buttons or cool swag, they would be awesome. But they don't. They look like some cheap Stern shit instead. What would I like? I would like Gary Syern to get off is fat, lazy ass and do something that was actually Rock and effing Roll for this title. Not Potoshop Turdville. Not awful stock photo. You do care what I think, too. Ptherwise you wouldn't post pics in defense of your stance, after telling me you don't care. You know I'm right, too.

Wow, Gambit... you sound like your avatar! hehehe

#69 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I have had AC/DC pins for over 30 years . I have proof .

I would be worried if you had a blow up your video pin, Jim.

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If the backglasses looked like any of those buttons or cool swag, they would be awesome. But they don't. They look like some cheap Stern shit instead. What would I like? I would like Gary Stern to get off his fat, lazy ass and do something that was actually Rock and effing Roll for this title. Not Photoshop Turdville. Not awful stock photo. You do care what I think, too. Otherwise you wouldn't post pics in defense of your stance, after telling me you don't care. You know I'm right, too.

Has nothing to do with Gary.
Posted by Steve Ritchie himself about the backglass LE art on facebook:

Steve Ritchie "There CAN'T BE a Bon Scott edition. The band respects Bon very much but he's gone and Brian Johnson is their "new"singer".

Steve Ritchie "Bon Scott sings on many of the tunes in our game. This is the best we can do. AC/DC management wants it like this, and I can see why. They have been great to work with, and we will respect every one of their wishes and stipulations without fail".

#71 12 years ago

From the back glass pictures I wonder how big of a visual effect the animations will have? Reading the Steve Ritchie update I had a different mental image of what it would look like.

#73 12 years ago

I think the backglasses are great! Using actual photos of the band works here. Geez, it's AC/DC! That's what they look like and that is exactly what I would expect to see...

#74 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Otherwise you wouldn't post pics in defense of your stance, after telling me you don't care

The pictures were not only for you . I was sharing my old pin collections with the group.

Jim

#76 12 years ago

That first pin with the whole band would make an awesome BG.

#77 12 years ago

Premium!

#78 12 years ago

Here is the premium translite

397092_10150585287909244_136972659243_.jpg397092_10150585287909244_136972659243_.jpg

#79 12 years ago

That's pretty nice actually!

#80 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Here is the premium translite

Looks pretty cool! I actually like it much more than the other translites for AC/DC.

#81 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I got lost in the abbreviations. LTBR? Love the butt rub

I agree, they are gettting carried away. I feel the pins actual name should be first at all times.

Examples:
ACDC
ACDCBIB
ACDCLT or ACDCLTBR
Those are just a few that come to mind. Using BIB first and dropping the ACDC is wrong. It is a version of the ACDC pin.

I feel there should be a limit on length as well. I want to be fair and use WOZECLE as the example. Why not just use WOZLE? How about WOCEC? They are getting out of hand.

#82 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Depends on the numbers produced. TAF had over 20k machine made then 1,000 gold. That is not many. Now they made 1,369 CP pins. If 1,000 were LE it would not make a big difference. I that case the lower number of non-LE's might be worth more.

#83 12 years ago

My AC/DC pin will always be the BIBLE .. Last thing that I want to happen is for WOZ to guys name my AC/DC pin !

I don't care what you call your WOZECLE .

Jim

#84 12 years ago

Well, with all these versions, the Premium ends up with the best backglass!!!

#85 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

My AC/DC pin will always be the BIBLE .. Last thing that I want to happen is for WOZ to guys name my AC/DC pin !

I don't care what you call your WOZECLE .

I was not saying either one is better, I am saying the names are getting silly across the board. I don't consider myself a WOZ guy. I ordered one but I would get a NIB of every pin as they are released if I had the money. The only reason I do not have a Stern on my collection is because there are only a couple here and there are none for sale. I only got WOZ as a retirement gift to myself. I am going to get a SM for my next big purchase pin.

#86 12 years ago

I know what you meant ABSO.. I was just jabbing ..

I hope, I never have to spend my hard earned money on a NIB pinball machine again ! This should be a once in a lifetime purchace for me .

Jim

#87 12 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Stern apparently underestimated the demand for the LE and is considering a third LE based on another song ...

I'd be all over a Dirty Deeds LE!

#88 12 years ago

I think the Premium back glass is actually pretty good. Looks like it matches the purposeful "damaged" cabinet art, but it works...!

#89 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I know what you meant ABSO.. I was just jabbing ..

I hope, I never have to spend my hard earned money on a NIB pinball machine again ! This should be a once in a lifetime purchace for me .

I figured that. I hear you on the NIB price. I always said I would never spend that much on a pin. That went out the window with WOZ.

#90 12 years ago

Some people were wondering the reason for the Premium and LE code links on Stern's site so I did some asking. The game features are the same, it's the sounds that get the difference in code.

The sound details:

The quick short answer is as follows.
The main difference and improvement was the additional added memory which not only increases the quantity but the quality of the sounds via sample rates.

The detailed technical info.
Voice has twice the sampling rate that of previous games. Top speakers are wired in series rather than in parallel which increases impedance from 4 to 16 ohms.
The cap and cross over of course lets the low frequencies pass and go to the sub keeping mid range and high up top where they belong.
Now there IS a difference between the Pro/Premium 8" sub and LE 12"sub which is the reason for the different code options on the Stern site as both get specific EQ samplings.
Also to note the 8" and 12" sub/speaker wiring do use different caps for the cross over (as seen in a pic on pinball news). The sound is drastically upgraded and I applaud Stern for the detail and attention to this.

So in theory a guy could change the cap and back box wiring speakers in previous Stern's to gain a marginal upgrade.

So basically the code difference is the EQ sampling for the difference in kHz. After all the upgrades the frequency was taken from 20hz to 12 kHz. The LE's are gonna POUND.

#91 12 years ago

Wheres the poll for Pro?

1 month later
#92 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Some people were wondering the reason for the Premium and LE code links on Stern's site so I did some asking. The game features are the same, it's the sounds that get the difference in code.
The sound details:
The quick short answer is as follows.
The main difference and improvement was the additional added memory which not only increases the quantity but the quality of the sounds via sample rates.
The detailed technical info.
Voice has twice the sampling rate that of previous games. Top speakers are wired in series rather than in parallel which increases impedance from 4 to 16 ohms.
The cap and cross over of course lets the low frequencies pass and go to the sub keeping mid range and high up top where they belong.
Now there IS a difference between the Pro/Premium 8" sub and LE 12"sub which is the reason for the different code options on the Stern site as both get specific EQ samplings.
Also to note the 8" and 12" sub/speaker wiring do use different caps for the cross over (as seen in a pic on pinball news). The sound is drastically upgraded and I applaud Stern for the detail and attention to this.
So in theory a guy could change the cap and back box wiring speakers in previous Stern's to gain a marginal upgrade.
So basically the code difference is the EQ sampling for the difference in kHz. After all the upgrades the frequency was taken from 20hz to 12 kHz. The LE's are gonna POUND.

Just wanted to update this thread, Steve fought to have the 12" sub in the premium as well and won, so the code should be the same now from premium to LE. There will be no difference in the top tier models, both get the best sound possible. Only difference in the LE is numbered plaque, signed playfield, shaker, real backglass, laser cut trim and the red translucent lower arch.

#93 12 years ago

That LTBR edition is awesome.

#94 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I only got WOZ as a retirement gift to myself. I am going to get a SM for my next big purchase pin.

Good for you on both!!!!

2 weeks later
#96 12 years ago

I think all versions look great. I'm waiting for my LTBRLE - just one more week..
I'm a big fan of the Bon songs, cheeky, dirty, bluesy and so went for the LTBRLE,
my first and possibly only NIB ever. The new bloke is good but those old Bon albums
just ROCK!
"Iv'e think Ive got a maaaagic touch! YOW!!!"

#97 12 years ago

Bon Scott was the man. "If your looking for trouble, I'm the man to see" I wish the machine had a little more Bon on it. Gotta love his voice!

#98 12 years ago

Have you guys heard of Rhino Bucket ? Sound a lot like old AC/DC ..

Jim

#99 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just wanted to update this thread, Steve fought to have the 12" sub in the premium as well and won, so the code should be the same now from premium to LE. There will be no difference in the top tier models, both get the best sound possible. Only difference in the LE is numbered plaque, signed playfield, shaker, real backglass, laser cut trim and the red translucent lower arch.

Glad Steve won as great experience for all. But begs the question, why buy the LE? Tron LE makes sense LEDs make a difference. But if a shaker (can be added aftermarket), plaque signature and backglass are it - I may go premium on Avengers/XMen. Struggling with the LE pull.

BTW..side armor is cool but one pinsider pointed it out to me - LTBR one does look like McDonalds. Cool side armor but the colors scream Big Mac, filet o fish, quarter pounder french fries....

#100 12 years ago

Have these shipped yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-or-ltbrle/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.