IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG
LTBRLE.jpg
BIBLE.jpg
backglass1acdc.jpg
boobies.jpg
backnblack.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 12 years ago

With the info out so far, which edition would you chose if given one?!

http://pinballhead.com/acdc-premium-and-le-whitewood-pics/

backnblack.jpgbacknblack.jpg

#2 12 years ago

BIBLE for me.

#3 12 years ago

This is a nobrainer for me. Bon Scott was a genius and I hate that new guy that can't carry a tune.

I just wish they would make the LTBR LE have nothing but Bon Scott songs on it. Then it would be worth at least half of what they're asking for it.

The perfect performance of the ultimate rock song :

#4 12 years ago

Gotta have the BIBLE. The most classic R&R theme that could ever be made in my opinion. Then again Im kind of an oldschool rocker.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from PinHog:

This is a nobrainer for me. Bon Scott was a genius and I hate that new guy that can't carry a tune.
I just wish they would make the LTBR LE have nothing but Bon Scott songs on it. Then it would be worth at least half of what they're asking for it.

While I won't argue one way or another about singer preference, is it really fair to call Brian Johnson "that new guy"? Johnson's been in the band for 32 years, which is almost as long as Bon Scott was alive...

Luke

#6 12 years ago

I "discovered" AC/DC when Highway to Hell came out in 79 and loved it. When Back in Black came out a year later, I was blown away. It was only then that I started looking for earlier works by the band and learned the whole story of the Bon Scott days. That's when I started listening to stuff like Let There Be Rock, et al. So I guess even though both games will be awesome IMO, I'd try to get a BIBLE first since I have the fondest memories of that album.

#7 12 years ago

bible.

i like the idea of chrome on black, probably the only reason why i'd buy one.

#8 12 years ago

Bought BIBLE. Was told by the distrib they made less of the other (200 as opposed to 300) because they figured BIBLE would be more popular.

#9 12 years ago

Bon Scott!!! Enough said...

#10 12 years ago

BIBLE for sure.

#11 12 years ago

bible dont dig the red and yellow

#12 12 years ago

I went LTBR!! The loud, obnoxious color scheme seems entirely appropriate to me. Plus, although I'm a fan of both eras, I feel more connected to the sorta dark, sleezy, less commercial stuff from the early days. Not meant to be a criticism of BIB and forward, I just prefer the old stuff.

-Craig

#13 12 years ago

I got lost in the abbreviations. LTBR? Love the butt rub?

Help???

#14 12 years ago

All I can say it "Let loose,from the noose that's kept me hangin around" Back in Black all the way

#15 12 years ago

I think they will ALL be cool . Man I am glad I got one coming and went with the BIBLE .

Jim

#16 12 years ago

Let There be Rock for me.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Let There be Rock

AAAAHHH.
I still like love the butt rub better but thanks for clearing that one up for me!

#18 12 years ago

BIBLE -

When I hear AC/DC that is the first thing that pops into my head. AC/DC just matches a darker look.

As I hear more and more about this pin, It might be the first pin to live up to the hype in a long time, really wanting to play one.

#19 12 years ago

I think that the PREMIUM will look very nice, too.

#20 12 years ago

So far the vote seems to be roughly in line with the 300 BIBLE and 200 LTBR production plans. I am in for a BIBLE although I am a huge Bon Scott fan as well...

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

is it really fair to call Brian Johnson "that new guy"? Johnson's been in the band for 32 years, which is almost as long as Bon Scott was alive...

It's not supposed to be fair, it's rock & roll.

(Obviously, he's been a major part of the band since just before they got huge. So for reasons that are beyond the capabilities of my little brain, a lot of people like him. I read somewhere that BiB is the second most selling album ever, and I don't understand that either.)

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I "discovered" AC/DC when Highway to Hell came out in 79 and loved it. When Back in Black came out a year later, I was blown away. It was only then that I started looking for earlier works by the band and learned the whole story of the Bon Scott days. That's when I started listening to stuff like Let There Be Rock, et al. So I guess even though both games will be awesome IMO, I'd try to get a BIBLE first since I have the fondest memories of that album.

Kind of the same here. And when I checked the AC/DC section of my CD collection, was not surprised that the only studio CDs I have are BIB and HTH. I do have the Live album with BJ tho. BJ has the rasp, but not the voice of Bon.

#23 12 years ago

I need to go with the LTBR LE machine,Bon Scott's vocals really get my blood flowing.Man Angus is craaazy in the video-love him going back and forth across the stage and becoming one with his guitar.
Pinhog thx. for posting the above video,as for your quotes,I agree with you.

Quoted from PinHog:

This is a nobrainer for me. Bon Scott was a genius

Quoted from PinHog:

I just wish they would make the LTBR LE have nothing but Bon Scott songs

#24 12 years ago

Rumor is you may have to add a third pin to the poll on this thread. Stern apparently underestimated the demand for the LE and is considering a third LE based on another song. I thought that is what the Premiums were for--if the LEs sold out then you could still buy a full-featured Premium. Stern might make some additional profit and make some late-comers happy, but I imagine some of the 500 that committed early to the current LEs might have chosen a different model if given the opportunity in advance and won't be too happy if Stern decides to do this.

Any guesses as to the potential 3rd model? Highway to Hell would be my guess...

#25 12 years ago

Can´t believe this will happen...

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Rumor is you may have to add a third pin to the poll on this thread. Stern apparently underestimated the demand for the LE and is considering a third LE based on another song. I thought that is what the Premiums were for--if the LEs sold out then you could still buy a full-featured Premium. Stern might make some additional profit and make some late-comers happy, but I imagine some of the 500 that committed early to the current LEs might have chosen a different model if given the opportunity in advance and won't be too happy if Stern decides to do this.

Yes, I thought Highway to Hell LE as well!

It might annoy some people but if he can sell another 300 plus LE's then from a business perspective you can see why they may choose this route. Got to sell as many as you can to survive.

#27 12 years ago

Pincades will have a BIB on the FLoor with an open box Party.
Im a HUGE AC/DC fan

#28 12 years ago

If it's Highway to Hell, that's the one i would choose. No doubt about it.

#29 12 years ago

ohh holy bible version

#30 12 years ago

Highway to Hell

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

As someone with cash down on an LE model, I find this rumor very troubling. I'll be very interested in how this plays out. Stern needs to be very careful here.

-Craig

#32 12 years ago

i'd feel it is false advertising if they came out with another LE as I purchased BIBLE with the understanding there were only 500 LEs.

#33 12 years ago

Didn't Stern do this with Transformers Decepticon/Autobot LEs? Those were originally "limited" to only 100 each but Stern bumped it up to 125 each when they realized demand was high. I agree though that it is bad business from a customer relation standpoint but Stern is probably only looking at the short-term profit.

#34 12 years ago

For me I don't care how many they build ,this game is for me and I want the highest level of game built!

If they built one with more stuff, that would piss me off. Numbers, I don't care about .

Jim

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

For me I don't care how many they build ,this game is for me and I want the highest level of game built!
If they built one with more stuff, that would piss me off. Numbers, I don't care about .
Jim

So you don't care about them under cutting the value of your pin?

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't really see it that way. There will still only be 300 BiB versions and 200 LTBR versions. Still pretty limited, in fact the LTBR will be the more rare of the two. If there is a third LE released it won't matter to the people who only wanted a BiB or LTBR version in the first place. The total number of LE's released by Stern here will probably still be well below 1000, even with a third option added, which is still quite "Limited" IMO.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope !

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

RobT said:So you don't care about them under cutting the value of your pin?
I don't really see it that way. There will still only be 300 BiB versions and 200 LTBR versions. Still pretty limited, in fact the LTBR will be the more rare of the two. If there is a third LE released it won't matter to the people who only wanted a BiB or LTBR version in the first place. The total number of LE's released by Stern here will probably still be well below 1000, even with a third option added, which is still quite "Limited" IMO.

"Quite limited" perhaps, but not as limited as if they didn't do another LE model.

And 1000 isn't very limited in my opinion.

There are only 400 Tron LE's. They only did one LE edition. *That's* limited!

#39 12 years ago

I have a LTBR LE on order. If there is a third LE and i had known there are enough LE for everyone that want one i had waited for pics to get the one that i find is the best of the three. So i hurried to get one. And I was not sure to get BIB or LTBR.

#40 12 years ago

Williams made 4000 MM and 3300 MB and 3400 afms I think that those are very limited if you go by what they sell for .

I don't care if my personal pinball machine is not worth beans in a year from now ,I am buying to keep, not sell!

Jim

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

i'd feel it is false advertising if they came out with another LE as I purchased BIBLE with the understanding there were only 500 LEs.

Your feeling would be wrong, and there'd be no cause of action. Stern said they would make only 200 LTBR LEs and only 300 BIB LEs. They never said there wouldn't be another LE version made, or put any cap on the total number of any type of LEs for this game.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Williams made 4000 MM and 3300 MB and 3400 afms I think that those are very limited if you go by what they sell for .
I don't care if my personal pinball machine is not worth beans in a year from now ,I am buying to keep, not sell!
Jim

+1
that is how i look at it too.

#43 12 years ago

This is all just rumor so i'll refrain from over reacting, but....

Didn't they learn anything from the Avatar mess? If they release another model that I like better - or worse - that's even more "limited", then they'll change me from a thrilled customer into a bitter one. Justified or not, that will be the reality. And I wouldn't be the only one who felt like they were penalized for eagerly supporting Stern.

Stern has made some great strides in getting collectors excited about their product again. I hope they don't do something stupid.

-Craig

#44 12 years ago

There is NO 3rd LE version. Rumor put to rest.

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There is NO 3rd LE version. Rumor put to rest.

Thanks, Jason! What have you heard about holding the line at initially advertised LE production numbers?

-Craig

#46 12 years ago

Mnpinball has been spot-on with his previous AC/DC info. That's great news in my opinion...2 LEs is enough.

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

mnpinball said:There is NO 3rd LE version. Rumor put to rest.
Thanks, Jason! What have you heard about holding the line at initially advertised LE production numbers?
-Craig

No change in BIBLE OR LTBRLE numbers. Get 'em while you can or get the premium without the bling, backglass, bigger 12" sub and shaker. Last I heard there were only 20 (est) of each left and that was Wednesday last week. Probably sold out now or will be for sure this week.

On a side note someone started a fanboy website www.acdcpinball.com

#48 12 years ago

Thanks @mnpinball for all your infos!

Now the only thing left i am thrilled to know is how the LE Backglass will look^^

#49 12 years ago

BIBLE. When BIB came out it was summer before Jr. high, lots and lots of memories associated with that album!

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from ssathre:

BIBLE. When BIB came out it was summer before Jr. high, lots and lots of memories associated with that album!

Yep, it is in my year book as favorite album ! I am so glad I got on board !

Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-or-ltbrle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.