(Topic ID: 147401)

Bible Adventures Pinball Discussion Thread

By pinballlife

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPuz5 (resized).jpg
    5144443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 5.33.20 PM (resized).png
    image1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Creación_de_Bible_Adventures.jpg
    ba.png
    1516475018070810693597893017888 (resized).jpg
    bible.png
    MatchBC (resized).jpg
    14986010318881102019668 (resized).jpg
    Drain (resized).png
    DissinTerry (resized).jpg
    e841bec0c24f33a59abd49c6b2c549fe (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

A fantastic idea, IMHO.
    There is a ton of great material to draw from with lots of built in conflict, which always helps make for great pinball.
    Terry

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd expect a Ben Heck realized Bible pin to be sarcastic/mocking towards the content -- not really something churches would want.

Whoever makes the machine (if they make it) shouldn't have to mock the material at all. The material is great and would make for great pinball as it stands. I don't think you have to be a religious person to enjoy a good story with lots of drama and conflict. Mocking the subject would simply turn off half of your audience. I see no need for that, and I also think it would be a bad business decision.

Just my 2 cents, of course.

Terry.

#171 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

And then Terry turned into a Nutbar.
    Religious theme? Really? I'm an Agnostic. I'll get all the religion I need after I'm dead, not in my den.

I don't see why it would have to be preachy. Just tell the great stories everyone already knows through a pinball machine. Focus on the characters and the conflicts; tons of stuff there. I see no reason for the machine to *push* religion or *save* anyone. The stories stand on their own.

Terry

2 weeks later
    #254 8 years ago

Smart move. Just tell the great dramatic stories. Let each individual player decide how much God they would like to interject into the game.
    I have my $1000 deposit money ready.
    Spooky needs to build a second factory.
    Terry.

#255 8 years ago

I mean 3rd factory. I guess they already have 2.

5 months later
    #305 7 years ago

Interestingly, no license would be required, yet it is the ultimate license.
    Terry.

2 months later
    #353 7 years ago

Good to see this gaining momentum.

The risk of rejection is there for this title though, and as a business owner it could be a scary undertaking. No matter how many people think it's a cool idea, at the end of the day it has to move units. Is there really 250 people out there willing to take out their wallets for this? I honestly doubt it. I wish, but I doubt it.

Terry.

#365 7 years ago
    Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Are you simultaneously evangelizing this and poo-pooing at the same time?

Yes!

#367 7 years ago

The Ramones is also a dream theme of mine. I doubt it would do well either. I hope it would, but I have my reservations. I love surprises though.
    Terry.

5 months later
    #389 7 years ago

The rules write themselves, it's a great feature of this theme.

Bible Adventures could have its funny moments without containing any sort of blasphemy. It's pinball, it's not meant to be polarizing, it's meant to be fun.

Terry.

#393 7 years ago

Wife is just out of surgery, so as her primary care giver I'm not getting a lot of sleep.
    Terry.

#395 7 years ago

Thank you Taxman, I appreciate your thoughts.

3 months later
    #429 6 years ago

Good to see that Ben is still kicking BA ideas around in his head; so much rich material to mine with this theme. IMHO, it's the ultimate *free* license.
    Terry.

6 months later
    2 years later
    #535 3 years ago

Any update on this? Would still love a Bible Adventures linball machine from Spooky.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bible-adventures-pinball-discussion-thread?tu=pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.